Author Topic: Multiple Bans: Valour Leeching, Not Contributing.  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Multiple Bans: Valour Leeching, Not Contributing.
« on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:37 pm »
Main Offenders: Jar or Chaos, Voester, Noodles Ats and some others here and there mostly chaos banner stackers. They did this MULTIPLE maps, I started caring once they started doing it every chance they could.

The Album.
http://imageshack.us/g/3/mb22d.jpg/

Them Building a base in the corner of map and hiding.
(click to show/hide)

Them hiding towards the beginning of the round.  This is the second round on this map as noodles isn't on their team but was on last shots up above.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Next map they do the same thing, until they realize they are winning and then they attempt to kill and few and screw around some more.
(click to show/hide)

They did this for three maps before this. I don't know if they continued after, cause I changed servers.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:51:28 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Multiple Bans: Valour Leeching, Not Contributing.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:39:56 pm »
I was witness to this/was playing when they did this several rounds in around.  Also have a few screenshots if needed

These actions are not fun for those on either team.  Its not funny or amusing when you are teamed with a bunch of quitters like this.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:47:58 am »
Clan mates or not, this kind of shit is simply unacceptable. In fact, it's even worse that one of our boys was one of the main offenders. Im issuing a 24 hour ban for Voester and a punitive 72  hour ban for Jar as this is his second offense in recent times doing shit like this. If you do this again Jar, it's going to be an essay ban. This shit is seriously getting ridiculous. Thanks so much for taking the time to report this, guys. If noodles also has not been dealt with, then he will also receive a ban.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:41:13 am »
Okay let me get this straight, this is my first, ban, warning, yelled at, etc... I have ever received and I'm banned for 72 hours? (hmm) makes sense right? No. And Voester (nothing against you man) is banned for 24 when he is clearly visible in the screenies. (he's chaos initiate/member/recruit/what ever you want to call him, im ATS so i get 72 on first offense ever.) I never brought siege shields or anything, I never have bought those ever or even used them, I followed Jar around and proceeded to have fun. I was level 13 I believe if not lower, and I was 4-3. Now define delaying... well mainly, forcing the round to take longer than need be. I DID NOT do that. Anyways this shit happens all the time in game, I never heard of anyone ever getting a 72 hour ban for this, or even a ban at all.

Sincerely, A victim of abuse, Noodles.

EDIT: Also, I got team switched towards the end of the map, therefore no I was not on their team the entire time, but clearly you can see my banner above my head showing I was on the same team.

chadz QUOTE

ALSO, Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't

OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)  --------- WAIT WHAT!!??? NOOO WAY!!!11!
    NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying) --- understood, but; because you are the last guy, does not mean you cannot be cunning.

I was Never the last man standing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:02:48 am by Emotion »
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 03:42:08 am »
Looked at the screens and it seems like they all had kills, so I would call that contributing somewhat. It seems more of a case of not contributing as much as other people think they should.

All the people in there have been playing CRPG for a long time, what's so bad about doing something besides hitting someone with a sword?

The game used to be a lot more fun before everyone started taking it so fucking seriously. I feel like this mod will eventually devolve into everyone having to stand in a line and take turns hitting each other.

The only fun that is allowed is OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED FUN. All other forms of fun will be banned.

EDIT: by the way Noodles, your picture frightens me.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:06:11 am »
Okay let me get this straight, this is my first, ban, warning, yelled at, etc... I have ever received and I'm banned for 72 hours? (hmm) makes sense right? No. And Voester (nothing against you man) is banned for 24 when he is clearly visible in the screenies. (he's chaos initiate/member/recruit/what ever you want to call him, im ATS so i get 72 on first offense ever.) I never brought siege shields or anything, I never have bought those ever or even used them, I followed Jar around and proceeded to have fun. I was level 13 I believe if not lower, and I was 4-3. Now define delaying... well mainly, forcing the round to take longer than need be. I DID NOT do that. Anyways this shit happens all the time in game, I never heard of anyone ever getting a 72 hour ban for this, or even a ban at all.

Sincerely, A victim of abuse, Noodles.

EDIT: Also, I got team switched towards the end of the map, therefore no I was not on their team the entire time, but clearly you can see my banner above my head showing I was on the same team.

chadz QUOTE

ALSO, Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't

OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)  --------- WAIT WHAT!!??? NOOO WAY!!!11!
    NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying) --- understood, but; because you are the last guy, does not mean you cannot be cunning.

I was Never the last man standing.

Did you even read my initial post?. See how silly you feel about this post when a day or so passes. Alternatively, if you want to argue about the semantics of what being a delaying asshat entails, then you can either

a.) make your own post about it/message meow or one of the devs.

b.) go and look through the other ban posts where people (a few in your clan crazily enough) have gotten into trouble and warned repeatedly for offenses such as these.

Sorry if this comes off a bit harsh or dickish, but this is seriously getting old, guys. You guys have been doing stuff like this for a while and were given fair warning multiple times about how this was rule breaking. Yet you guys still make it sound as if mean ol' shik and his yellow bar NA cronies have nothing better to do than pick on poor ol' ATS for trying to have a little fun.

As one of the fellas in the screen shot suggested, "play the game boys".

As long as we are selectively taking quotes from the old burro to try and apply it to our own argument,

"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

Looked at the screens and it seems like they all had kills, so I would call that contributing somewhat. It seems more of a case of not contributing as much as other people think they should.

All the people in there have been playing CRPG for a long time, what's so bad about doing something besides hitting someone with a sword?

The game used to be a lot more fun before everyone started taking it so fucking seriously. I feel like this mod will eventually devolve into everyone having to stand in a line and take turns hitting each other.

The only fun that is allowed is OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED FUN. All other forms of fun will be banned.

EDIT: by the way Noodles, your picture frightens me.

I honestly expected you of most people to understand, spoon. There is a difference between calling something "officially sanctioned fun" and just being a non contributing dip shit. I can guarantee you right now that I could sit at the edge of a map at the end of each round, not contribute to my team at all, and rake in a kill or two before each round ended. Would you honestly call that contributing? We've all been playing enough to know how well each of these individuals is capable of doing in a round, and it is much better than this trollish display. So don't toss out that "they are getting some kills argument." (I also understand that noodles was a low level according to his post, but hey, all the more reason to stick with the rest of the team, right? As someone who has played this mod for quite some time(over a year now) I refuse to buy into that whole "they have been playing for a long time give them a break when they violate the rules, they are just bored" bullshit. Garbage like that kills communities and has no place here as far as i'm concerned. Just because you no longer have fun as a veteran player doesn't mean you get to violate rules and have fun at other players expense. Your're bored? Then go play a different game. Feel free to keep thinking this was some thought police maneuver, though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:49:23 am by Darkkarma »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 06:59:47 am »
I honestly expected you of most people to understand, spoon. There is a difference between calling something "officially sanctioned fun" and just being a non contributing dip shit. I can guarantee you right now that I could sit at the edge of a map at the end of each round, not contribute to my team at all, and rake in a kill or two before each round ended. We've all been playing enough to know how well each of these individuals is capable of doing in a round, and it was much better than this trollish display. So don't toss out that "they are getting some kills argument." As someone who has played this mod for quite some time(over a year now) I refuse to buy into that whole "they have been playing for a long time give them a break when they violate the rules, they are just bored" bullshit. Garbage like that kills communities and has no place here as far as i'm concerned. Just because you no longer have fun as a veteran player doesn't mean you get to violate rules and have fun at other players expense. Your're bored? Then go play a different game. Feel free to keep thinking this was some thought police maneuver, though.

I can't speak directly to this particular event 'cause I wasn't there. I was more using it for an example. I just think that admining in general has gone a bit overboard as of late. It seems that the whole community is focused on getting multis and anything that happens anywhere that can potentially cause someone to lose a multi causes people to freak out. The "no building things" rule goes along with that. It seems that a lot of the current rules are focused around feeding the multi. Things like, you must carry a weapon and you have to fight etc. I've even seen people who had builds that were built around boxing, but since they didn't carry an actual weapon, they got kicked. Hell, I've seen someone who was a rock thrower who got kicked for only carrying rocks.

I enjoy this game whether I'm winning or losing. I don't care if someone fucks around for a while, it doesn't bother me. If someone wants to hide until they're the last one left, that's fine with me as long as they come out of hiding then.

Obviously if someone isn't doing anything round after round and hiding and delaying action needs to be taken. But I think a lot of admins are quick to ban when a kick would suffice. I'm all about dropping the hammer on people who really deserve it, but I've seen a lot of bans handed out lately for minor infractions from first-time offenders. (Again, not referencing this particular ban 'cause I wasn't there. Just saying in general) I just think a lot of the rules are being followed a bit too literally in many cases.

I'm a big fan of this game for many reasons. The combat in it is great, but so are the things that go with it. Sometimes having someone build a siege tower and driving it around the battlefield is a lot of fun. I think it just comes down to the question whether this mod is designed to farm multis or if it's a game where people can hit each other with swords, rocks, or fire catapults at each other every once in a while.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06:21 am »
That's a good question, Spoon. Also keep in mind that I totally get where you are coming from. As for incidents such as these, we(the NA admins) do not make the rules and really do try our best to enforce the rules provided to us while also attempting to answer the grey areas. Believe me, with this incident in particular we have deliberated on it for weeks going back and forth; eventually having to even have Meow and the others weigh in on it before we came to an ultimate decision.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 08:24:25 am »
And Voester (nothing against you man) is banned for 24 when he is clearly visible in the screenies. (he's chaos initiate/member/recruit/what ever you want to call him

Voe is not affiliated with us in any way AFAIK, never in TS, hasn't applied, etc. Just wears the banner of his own volition. And as mentioned this is the first time he's been reported for something like this, while you and Jar have both been known to derp around in this manner.

It seems that the whole community is focused on getting multis and anything that happens anywhere that can potentially cause someone to lose a multi causes people to freak out.....

.....I think it just comes down to the question whether this mod is designed to farm multis or if it's a game where people can hit each other with swords, rocks, or fire catapults at each other every once in a while.

I feel this, man. The current system of experience/gold gain is good because it helps newer players be effective more quickly, but it can also lead to people being more concerned with obtaining multipliers than having fun and enjoying the game.

I was there with Jar and them, well, not in the love shack so much as I never made it in time, so I hung around outside on my alt popping shots off, or just went about my own way in the battle. I mean, I saw Codey1990 get STUCK, the poor guy.

The intent was never to farm valour as far as I can tell, and it's misleading to claim that it is. These guys were playing the game, building a base with the deployable equipment options we have available, and defending it. The whole team could have defended the crap out of those ruins, but you know, some people charge straight ahead, some flank left, some flank right, die pointless and stupid deaths that don't really help the team either, but they're presumably also enjoying themselves and having fun. I agree that repeatedly being the last one alive in such an endeavor is enough grounds for administrative action to be taken, though, if you don't attempt to reveal yourself (though they plainly did IIRC, via Q menu voice commands en masse).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:28:40 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 01:48:45 pm »
FREE ALLERS

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:53:30 pm »
also i'd like to add that i see anders more on the forums posting ban threads than i do ingame, imo people whos main "thing" is posting ban threads should be purged
FREE ALLERS

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 01:58:38 pm »
Okay fine, explain why I received a 72 hour ban for a first time offense, (you stated above that ATS has received warnings) I never have, so you right there are throwing me in with the lot, which is totally unacceptable. If anything all 3 of us should have received the same punishment. I'm in ONE screenshot and there is no proof what so ever that I was leeching or delaying, get your goddamn facts straight when you go on a who's dick is bigger admin rage. This is bullshit, and you know it. No rules were broken here.

ALSO, Mala you said I am known for doing this with Jar... That is totally incorrect as this is the first time I have ever done that in my entire career in cRPG, I just recently became friends with Jar, as him and I disliked each other a few days ago.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 02:03:24 pm »
i got a 3 day ban for spamming USA a little too much in chat once
FREE ALLERS

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 02:19:11 pm »
Well, I feel the need to post here because this is just ridiculous.  As far as I or anyone can tell, all the people involved have kills on the team.  As Mala said, they were defending a part of the map and the rest of the team didn't feel like playing around.  If you are going to ban these guys then shouldn't you ban the people that go 0-4 or 0-5 multiple rounds in a row?  It seems to me that they are contributing far less to the team than a group of people defending a certain a spot and getting kills.  If they are the last one's alive than so be it.  Should you ban anyone who is the last alive who doesn't kill the entire enemy team?  I believe that should also be classified as delaying and not helping the team because they didn't rush in and get killed.  And as far as ATS being warned multiple times, you are implying that every ATS member was on at those times or checks the forums everyday.  This is not true.  The community was outraged when LLJK was singled out on the community servers (which I agree was totally fucked up and never should have happened) and now the same seems to be happening to ATS because of actions of a few members.  As Noodles has said, this is his first offense and he received the same ban as Jar while Voester gets off with a 24 hour ban.  If you are going to hand out fair punishments and act as though NA admins are tying to as fair as possible all parties involved should receive the same punishment or both first time offenders should have received 24 hour bans.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 03:26:25 pm »
nevermind not worth the effort
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol