Poll

Yes or No?

Yes
60 (38.5%)
No
96 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Please speed the whole gaming speed up  (Read 7432 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Please speed the whole gaming speed up
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2012, 12:05:36 am »
Yes I have. With the long awlpike if I remember correctly.  :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2283
  • Infamy: 1291
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2012, 12:28:35 am »
LEshma You're right but you forgot the Long Stab reach that 2h swords have. though it
ofcourse isnt nearly as usefull as the polestagger

Yes, they have long stab which is mainly useful for dealing with cav lolz. In duels can be useful but if you fuck up it will cost you. Today I've stabbed Sonja twice in a row and after then slashed him, and he still live just to kill me with one swing. And I was using MW German Greatsword...

But range is there because of animation type, it isn't diablo type modifier like polestagger, crushtrough, couching, knockdown, pierce/blunt damage, weapon stun...

That smartass Paul wanted to take current stab length, by replacing animation. All because he's considered one of the greatest 2H players even though he rarely plays and when he does he's using spamitar trololol

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2012, 01:05:57 am »
+1
The current slow game speed is mostly felt because so many in cRPG are using medium or heavy armor and heavy weapons - when fighting in light armor with a good WPF it feels decent enough, though I wouldn't mind having it at Native values.

The current (slow) game speed is better for high pingers, though regrettably promotes lolfeinting.

A faster game speed would be better for low pingers but would imbalance the ping difference between the Russian, Turkish and European communities even further, and also promote spamming.

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2012, 03:38:02 am »
The current slow game speed is mostly felt because so many in cRPG are using medium or heavy armor and heavy weapons - when fighting in light armor with a good WPF it feels decent enough, though I wouldn't mind having it at Native values.

The current (slow) game speed is better for high pingers, though regrettably promotes lolfeinting.

A faster game speed would be better for low pingers but would imbalance the ping difference between the Russian, Turkish and European communities even further, and also promote spamming.

Who cares about those people lol....T's.....Bashibazouks,Kapikulu THA FACK....We need more asian people in this game
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2012, 04:36:52 am »
+3
1. You're a shielder
2. When you put shield on your back you have fast one handed weapon which can compete with awlpike speed.

If Siiem posted this, being 2H currently, I would take it serious.

Major problem is that swords are slow. That's the reason for existence of this thread. Polearms aren't that much faster either but they have: polestagger, shield breaking ability and do shitload of damage. Swords have no special abilities. Swords (both 1H and 2H) are only pure weapons in this mod, every other weapon has some MMORPG modifier attached to it.

It's not like I played 2h for 90% of my cRPG time, right?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2012, 06:31:25 am »
+2
Let the ones with bad computers/bad connections have a chance too. Keep it as it is.

Finally someone thinks about us people with high ping.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:46 am »
+1
Who cares about those people lol....T's.....Bashibazouks,Kapikulu THA FACK....We need more asian people in this game
want faster? go back to native and get pwned by super speed archers

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »
I didn't think about the other guys like having a bad ping and so.

What about having different servers with different speeds?
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »
+2
People complain abut the lawlpikes b/c they clearly got no clue how to deal with them.

Everytime I go onto a server I facepalm at people failduelling the lawlpike users.

Yes, they're very potent weapons for teamplay, but then they are basically shorter, faster and more damaging pikes.

Use the thruststun, recognize their limits, go on the duel server and practice a little and you'll have no problem dealing with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2012, 08:00:07 am »
+1
Awlpikes are fine. Like Xant said, the only power they gots is the power of boring someone till he gets sloppy.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2012, 03:16:16 am »
+1
It's not like I played 2h for 90% of my cRPG time, right?
You sucked unbelievably, though.
But you're right about the awlpikes.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
When ash/awl-pikers hold their attack, you have no option but to hold your down-block. If you let go of your block to attack, they will release their held thrust, and even though you start your attack first, they hit you first because of the instastab animation. This is something needs looking into cause it gives them a huge advantage in battle servers (not duel server, stop seeing this as a 1v1 duel point of view).

When I'm fighting 2 or even sometimes 3 guys simultaneously, i can often stand my ground, but if one of them is an average skilled player at best using an ash/awl-pike, there is very small chance of getting out of that situation alive or with any gain.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2012, 12:54:01 pm »
You sucked unbelievably, though.
But you're right about the awlpikes.

WELL at least I didn't suck as much as YOU
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 809
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2012, 01:21:02 pm »
When ash/awl-pikers hold their attack, you have no option but to hold your down-block. If you let go of your block to attack, they will release their held thrust, and even though you start your attack first, they hit you first because of the instastab animation. This is something needs looking into cause it gives them a huge advantage in battle servers (not duel server, stop seeing this as a 1v1 duel point of view).

When I'm fighting 2 or even sometimes 3 guys simultaneously, i can often stand my ground, but if one of them is an average skilled player at best using an ash/awl-pike, there is very small chance of getting out of that situation alive or with any gain.

Same issues here. Can't feint when fighting those guys (they will just stab me in the middle of my feint no matter how fast it is), can't attack twice in a row no matter how good footwork I have, kicking them can be very risky, if I don't feint they can easily block me. Only thing left is to try to confuse them with silly footwork, somehow get behind their back and get that one hit of 4 or 5 I need to kill typical loomed player. Or to use my range but that can be risky as well and only works with longest weapons. Out stabbing them with Danish or German GS works but I use a lot shorter sword which doesn't have 2H stab animation.

In short: against them I can't feint, can't spam, kick slash is very risky against them, chambering their attacks is nearly impossible. I'll rather fight any twohander than an awlpiker.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:22:20 pm by Leshma »

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »
+4
When ash/awl-pikers hold their attack, you have no option but to hold your down-block. If you let go of your block to attack, they will release their held thrust, and even though you start your attack first, they hit you first because of the instastab animation.

This is where people get confused . Its not that you've started your attack and the awlpike is quicker, its because just like you said the awlpiker is holding down his attack, so his attack has already started ,hes just waiting to release it. Hence why it may seem super fast and " insta stab". So yes, best tactic is to just hold down block until you hear the sound and i know this can be very annoying in battle because if its multiple opponents you obviously cant just hold downblock or you will be attacked by the other person. However this isnt subjective just to the awlpike and is the same for all support like weapons - long spear, pike, long awlpike, ashwood etc.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D