Poll

Yes or No?

Yes
60 (38.5%)
No
96 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Please speed the whole gaming speed up  (Read 7423 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Please speed the whole gaming speed up
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:36 pm »
:lol:

Whatever you say.

This is the reason for the thrust-stun effect. After a failed (hit something it couldn't damage) thrust, the thruster is stunned momentarily. Awlpikes and similar speed polearms CAN get numerous hits in by utilizing polestagger (which I will agree is some serious bullshit), however if you utilize their thrust stun to your advantage, you can get your attacks in. Against a very good awlpiker it can be very difficult to get your hits in, but there is still a window of opportunity IF you use good footwork. Besides, you use a poleaxe, right? Therefore, you also have an instastab.  :wink:

To the guy saying pikers "know" this is wrong, have you EVER, I mean EVEN ONCE, used a pike (Not a longspear, a Pike)? The thrust stun on it is close to a full second. Good luck getting a second hit in before your opponent can hit you unless you do some great footwork or have an extreme agi build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:52 pm »
you are a piker yourself, lets hear other ppl's opinion on this.

I have tons of alts and I don't have any specific problems handling awlpikers. Well, why do I care, if you don't want to learn how to handle them and would rather complain that it ain't as easy as you want, be my guest.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2012, 02:47:36 pm »
+1
This is the reason for the thrust-stun effect. After a failed (hit something it couldn't damage) thrust, the thruster is stunned momentarily. Awlpikes and similar speed polearms CAN get numerous hits in by utilizing polestagger (which I will agree is some serious bullshit), however if you utilize their thrust stun to your advantage, you can get your attacks in. Against a very good awlpiker it can be very difficult to get your hits in, but there is still a window of opportunity IF you use good footwork. Besides, you use a poleaxe, right? Therefore, you also have an instastab:wink:

To the guy saying pikers "know" this is wrong, have you EVER, I mean EVEN ONCE, used a pike (Not a longspear, a Pike)? The thrust stun on it is close to a full second. Good luck getting a second hit in before your opponent can hit you unless you do some great footwork or have an extreme agi build.

There is the problem, u mentioned it yourselve: The Modafaka instastab on pikes!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2012, 02:49:57 pm »
Besides, you use a poleaxe, right? Therefore, you also have an instastab.  :wink:

Yes, I am.

Sorry for trying not to;

-Abuse polestagger, I can rarely use it anyway, unlike people with spam sticks like the LHB.
-Wiggle around 360' like a maniac on every attack. Trying not to do this is like gimping yourself, you have to, sadly.
-Trying to get my kills a non-crazy way, how it should be.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2012, 02:57:43 pm »
There is the problem, u mentioned it yourselve: The Modafaka instastab on pikes!

I'm a bit confused by your wording. By "pike" are you referring to the 2d polearms (awlpike, ashwood pike, etc) or the "Pike".

Awlpike and ashwood pike have a near instantaneous stab, this is true.

Pike requires an enormous amount of wiggling for the hit to actually register, otherwise it glances.

This is the reason for the thrust stun effect, just like I explained in that post. They get that first hit off, and all you can do is block, HOWEVER, after that they are stunned for a brief moment. On the faster weapons this is enough to give you time to get an attack started such that they have to block you. On the slower weapons it can even give you a FREE HIT if timed right.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »
Don't change anything in game speed...

No sense to me, it's ok atm!

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »
I'm a bit confused by your wording. By "pike" are you referring to the 2d polearms (awlpike, ashwood pike, etc) or the "Pike".

Awlpike and ashwood pike have a near instantaneous stab, this is true.

Pike requires an enormous amount of wiggling for the hit to actually register, otherwise it glances.

This is the reason for the thrust stun effect, just like I explained in that post. They get that first hit off, and all you can do is block, HOWEVER, after that they are stunned for a brief moment. On the faster weapons this is enough to give you time to get an attack started such that they have to block you. On the slower weapons it can even give you a FREE HIT if timed right.

yes I mean ash and awlpike, specially the new stats on ashpike has made it a rediculously op weapon.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:28 pm »
Strange, cause there aren't too many people using that "OP" ashpike...

You're wrong. If it was OP, bunch of people would exploit it to the limits...

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:48 pm »
sup im ludo and although flattering its not really fair to include me in the same league as chase, hes god-tier...

these are the top two reasons you arent able to counterattack, theyre the same for any kind of weapon really:

1. being outmaneuvered
2. feinting/holding when you shouldnt

try chambering it works well against spearmen (we get the thrust block stun too yknow)

edit: rave whats your ingame nick?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:15:54 pm by kono yaro! »

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2012, 03:18:15 pm »
rAve is Lulu_rAve ingame, he's my bro.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2408
  • Infamy: 862
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:30 pm »
Bullshit. Pikes and their variations are awful duel weapons. Their only strength is boring someone to death by the monotone attacks that are all too easy to block. I combat that by doing dance moves and 360s in air while holding downblock. They're awesome in battle, though, but awlpikes aren't OP.

1. You're a shielder
2. When you put shield on your back you have fast one handed weapon which can compete with awlpike speed.

If Siiem posted this, being 2H currently, I would take it serious.

Major problem is that swords are slow. That's the reason for existence of this thread. Polearms aren't that much faster either but they have: polestagger, shield breaking ability and do shitload of damage. Swords have no special abilities. Swords (both 1H and 2H) are only pure weapons in this mod, every other weapon has some MMORPG modifier attached to it.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2012, 11:28:15 pm »
About the awlpikes , stick with me and they go down in 2 sec:D

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
LEshma You're right but you forgot the Long Stab reach that 2h swords have. though it
ofcourse isnt nearly as usefull as the polestagger

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »
About the awlpikes , stick with me and they go down in 2 sec:D

Yeah, darian, we all got you're now using a mallet with a 36/3 build. You don't have to remind us of that everytime you reply to a thread.

That being said: Increase the speed rating!1

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2012, 11:47:15 pm »
+1
If this happens, either you have incredibly horrible ping, or they outmaneuvered you. Weapon speed isn't the issue here.
Perfectly possible with the ashwood pike or awlpike, the speed of those stabs is amazing. Actually a very potent duel weapon. And yes they are OP. Just look at Chase go, although he probably respecced again. I got my highest k/d to date with an unloomed ashwood pike. Then I got the loomed version and it was wonderful. There are a handful of good tricks that make them a bitch to fight.

Gurnission, are you sure you duelled Chase with his awlpike? It's completely ridiculous.