Poll

Yes or No?

Yes
60 (38.5%)
No
96 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Please speed the whole gaming speed up  (Read 7367 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Please speed the whole gaming speed up
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2012, 04:28:03 pm »
Its not that you've started your attack and the awlpike is quicker, its because just like you said the awlpiker is holding down his attack, so his attack has already started ,hes just waiting to release it.

This, this, this, this. I just dont understand it, people never complain about the fact that if someone with a flamberge, for example, has a swing held and outspeeds them if they THEN try and start their attack. Yet, for some reason when a 2d or 1d weapon has an attack chambered, it doesn't count as a hold and they should be able to outswing it? wut?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:09 pm »
This is where people get confused . Its not that you've started your attack and the awlpike is quicker, its because just like you said the awlpiker is holding down his attack, so his attack has already started ,hes just waiting to release it. Hence why it may seem super fast and " insta stab". So yes, best tactic is to just hold down block until you hear the sound and i know this can be very annoying in battle because if its multiple opponents you obviously cant just hold downblock or you will be attacked by the other person. However this isnt subjective just to the awlpike and is the same for all support like weapons - long spear, pike, long awlpike, ashwood etc.

The guy holding his attack is still dependent on his opponent, waiting for the moment he let go of his block, thus making him second in action and nullifying his advantage of being in mid attack animation. And yet still the instastab gives the awl/ash-piker the edge.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:28 pm »
The guy holding his attack is still dependent on his opponent, waiting for the moment he let go of his block, thus making him second in action and nullifying his advantage of being in mid attack animation. And yet still the instastab gives the awl/ash-piker the edge.

Not the case. Take an example using two equal length swords. One guy has a swing chambered, the other is blocking. If the guy who is blocking releases the block and starts trying to swing, the guy who was already chambered will beat him every time, unless he does something exceedingly stupid or gets chamber blocked.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »
Interesting how the OP got downvoted massively and my post got quite some upvotes while I am actually agreeing with the OP. Some people that downvoted the OP also upvoted my post, appreciate the support but that is kinda weird.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »
Not the case. Take an example using two equal length swords. One guy has a swing chambered, the other is blocking. If the guy who is blocking releases the block and starts trying to swing, the guy who was already chambered will beat him every time, unless he does something exceedingly stupid or gets chamber blocked.

Don't understand what a chamber situation has anything to do with what I wrote  :?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:21 pm »
Don't understand what a chamber situation has anything to do with what I wrote  :?

Unless I massively misunderstood you, you were talking about an awlpike (or similar) with an attack held? Holding an attack = keeping it chambered.

EDIT:

Interesting how the OP got downvoted massively and my post got quite some upvotes while I am actually agreeing with the OP. Some people that downvoted the OP also upvoted my post, appreciate the support but that is kinda weird.

Well you suggested not strength stacking, which many people hate, and he suggested changing the game mechanics. Similar end result, but your way leads to balanced builds, his leads to more strength builds and a change in the core mechanics of how the game plays out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:51:18 pm by Zerran »

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2012, 11:55:17 pm »
Ok lets say there are 3 steps in a swing, lets call them A,B and C. Every attack goes from A to B to C. A is when you start your attack, B is the  the attack being ready to swing ( so the hold attack animation) and C is actually hitting. So when an awlpiker is holding his attack he is at B. When you start your attack you have to go from A all the way to C, where as the Awlpiker only has to finish the animation from B to C. So even if he is second in action like you said he has a shorter distance to travel in his animation, so unless he has the worst reactions ever will hit before you. I hope this helped make things clearer

Edit : reading that over, it sounded alot better in my head. I hope you get what i mean :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:56:41 pm by Chasey »
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:47 am »
Ok lets say there are 3 steps in a swing, lets call them A,B and C. Every attack goes from A to B to C. A is when you start your attack, B is the  the attack being ready to swing ( so the hold attack animation) and C is actually hitting. So when an awlpiker is holding his attack he is at B. When you start your attack you have to go from A all the way to C, where as the Awlpiker only has to finish the animation from B to C. So even if he is second in action like you said he has a shorter distance to travel in his animation, so unless he has the worst reactions ever will hit before you. I hope this helped make things clearer

Edit : reading that over, it sounded alot better in my head. I hope you get what i mean :D

Chase I understood you the first time and this what you wrote perfectly makes sense, BUT my point is: going from B to C takes some time (mili-seconds, but still) for every kind of weapon, but for ash/awl-pike this window is close, almost equal to zero.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2012, 12:16:58 am »
For most weapons it is a really small timeframe. If you test it you will see that. If i hold an attack on a greatsword and wait for you to lift block , it will still hit same as awlpike, maybe not as fast, but it is a negligible differance as both weapons will still hit.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:37 am »
Why do you keep mentioning only those two weapons (Ashwood Pike/Awlpike)? Other polearms stab exactly the same way. An Elegant Poleaxe stabs faster than the Awlpike for example...

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2012, 12:19:30 am »
Because thats the one he was referring to

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2012, 12:20:28 am »
Not you, him...

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2012, 12:29:46 am »
For most weapons it is a really small timeframe. If you test it you will see that. If i hold an attack on a greatsword and wait for you to lift block , it will still hit same as awlpike, maybe not as fast, but it is a negligible differance as both weapons will still hit.

oh that difference is actually very noticeable, that's all the reason I've been whining about this the whole time.
anyway, have to go sleep, further replies for tmr.