Poll

Yes or No?

Yes
60 (38.5%)
No
96 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Please speed the whole gaming speed up  (Read 7366 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Please speed the whole gaming speed up
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 03:16:12 am »
+9
If you cant kill people in siege or battle try working with your team.

Its so easy to run around with even just 1 guy. If you both do different attacks the guy you're targetting has no chance unless he's a 1h. Even then, if you dont make any mistakes he's dead when the shield breaks.

Duels are duels and if you want to duel that's up to you.

It's easy to kill people if you time your attacks right, switch targets, cover team mates, backstab. So many ways to kill.

I said ages ago when I was in Fallen on ts"I hate people who block my attacks" and people laughed but I really did hate it. I just wanted everyone to die when i pressed lmb (still do) and there's definately ways to do it without speeding the game up.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 03:41:00 am »
+1
The problem is not that the game itself is too slow. Its just that agi builds no longer make you super fast like they used to, which means more people use strength builds, which, in turn, means the average speed of the game has slowed. Making Agi builds viable again by increasing the effectiveness of WM would maybe not speed the game up but it would create a bigger difference between the speed of str builds and agi builds.

Stealing this quote from another topic:

Per WaltF4's Weapon attack speed and proficiency and not agility:

Let's use a Spear (98 speed) for approximation purposes.

y=-0.0008x+1.1071

For 115 WPF (0 WM), swing speed would be 1.0151 seconds.

For 141 WPF (4 WM), swing speed would be 0.9943 seconds.

This translates to a 2.05% increase in swing speed. However, the absolute difference in swing speed is only 0.0208 seconds, or 20.8 milliseconds.

The difference in taking 0 WM to 4 WM is miniscule. Even an extreme agi build with 9-10 WM, which results in severely gimped damage output, doesnt make a huge difference in swing speed. This should not be the case. If you go High agility not only are you likely to be 1 or 2 shot but it will also take you many hits to take down most opponents. As a trade off for this your swing speed should be much much faster than it is now.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 03:52:08 am »
+3
The only gripe I have with this is there's already plenty of players with plenty of fast weapons that I have a hard time blocking, especially some 1h's.

They dont deal crap dmg either, it hurts.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 05:55:38 am »
The only gripe I have with this is there's already plenty of players with plenty of fast weapons that I have a hard time blocking, especially some 1h's.

That op Spammitard for example!

If you cant kill people in siege or battle try working with your team.

Its so easy to run around with even just 1 guy. If you both do different attacks the guy you're targetting has no chance unless he's a 1h. Even then, if you dont make any mistakes he's dead when the shield breaks.

Duels are duels and if you want to duel that's up to you.

It's easy to kill people if you time your attacks right, switch targets, cover team mates, backstab. So many ways to kill.

I said ages ago when I was in Fallen on ts"I hate people who block my attacks" and people laughed but I really did hate it. I just wanted everyone to die when i pressed lmb (still do) and there's definately ways to do it without speeding the game up.

I want to give this post so many +'s, but my + only counts as 1.
translation of RandomDude's post: Don't expect you deserve to kill ppl with each swing!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »
Use this with 36 str.

Mighty Mallet

weapon length: 71
weight: 6.5
difficulty: 16
speed rating: 83
weapon length: 71
thrust damage: 0 pierce
swing damage: 40 blunt
slots: 2
Can't use on horseback
Crushthrough
Unbalanced
Knockdown
It might work on the archers.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 01:43:42 pm »
a siege round is what 6-7 min? and respawn time is 30 sec i would suggest that either we lower the respawn time for defenders

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 01:51:14 pm »
+1
I don't get all this complaining about "Everyone can block indefinitely", "Feinting does nothing", "Game is too slow"

I use a 1 directional 69 speed unbalanced weapon, most people can't block me for shit.  :lol:

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 02:04:29 pm »
Nobody can block my overhead.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 02:30:29 pm »
I don't get all this complaining about "Everyone can block indefinitely", "Feinting does nothing", "Game is too slow"

I use a 1 directional 69 speed unbalanced weapon, most people can't block me for shit.  :lol:

You're NA.

Enough said.
 :P

Nah, joking aside, whenever I play, almost every opponent reads all the feints, can block chambers even, the only real way to kill someone is to out circle-slash spam, or wiggle around if you've got a weapon suitable.

Other way is to group up on an enemy, 4 to 1 usually means that the lone guy is dead.
(There are other, and the "basic" ways sure, but those are too time wasting..)

I think it's getting frustrating, I have to counter-circle around like a maniac, if not, then I get weird insta headhits on me.

Agree, onehanders are quite weird. Even though I use axes, breaking a Huscarl takes a lot, LOT of swings to do, the onehander can use it to close up on you, then do this circle-spam I mentioned.

It's funny how easily they can take me out with over 70hp, with an onehander sword. Mostly in three hits, I've been 2hitted before by onehanded swords.. You just have no time window to attack them, and if my Axe gets stuck in the shield by accident, I'm dead.
And if you break a good player's shield.. all hell breaks loose, because they are good melee fighters even, and will outspeed and outdamage you in close combat.

Thing is, they should be either fast, or powerful. Not both at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:46:50 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Shinimas1

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 02:51:47 pm »
You're NA.

Enough said.
 :P

Nah, joking aside, whenever I play, almost every opponent reads all the feints, can block chambers even, the only real way to kill someone is to out circle-slash spam, or wiggle around if you've got a weapon suitable.

Other way is to group up on an enemy, 4 to 1 usually means that the lone guy is dead.

I think it's getting frustrating, I have to counter-circle around like a maniac, if not, then I get weird insta headhits on me.

Agree, onehanders are quite weird. Even though I use axes, breaking a Huscarl takes a lot, LOT of swings to do, the mentioned 1h can use it to close up on you, then do this circle-spam I talked about.

It's funny how easily they can take out me with over 70hp, with an onehander sword. Mostly in three hits, I've been 2hitted before by onehanded swords.. You just have no time window to attack them, and if my Axe gets stuck in the shield by accident, I'm dead.
And if you break a good player's shield.. all hell breaks loose, because they are good melee fighters even, and will outspeed and outdamage you in close combat.

Thing is, they should be either fast, or powerful. Not both at the same time.

2 hit by swords in medium-heavy gear? That means you get 1-hit by 2H/poles. Most cookie-cutter Kuyak-Danish guys take 5+ hits with my MW KAS and 7 PS. I've no idea how can you die to a 1H in two hits, unless it's a cleaver in the hands of some 9 PS monster or you're one of those funny guys that wear plate armor with straw hats.

They're neither fast nor powerful. Many 2H are comparable in speed, yet much stronger AND longer. And few people use Huscarl's, because it's heavy as my ex, and that's really heavy. Smaller shields are busted by axes in 3-4 hits tops, I actually had my steel buckler one-shotted by a GLA once.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »
+1
2 hit by swords in medium-heavy gear? That means you get 1-hit by 2H/poles. Most cookie-cutter Kuyak-Danish guys take 5+ hits with my MW KAS and 7 PS. I've no idea how can you die to a 1H in two hits, unless it's a cleaver in the hands of some 9 PS monster or you're one of those funny guys that wear plate armor with straw hats.

They're neither fast nor powerful. Many 2H are comparable in speed, yet much stronger AND longer. And few people use Huscarl's, because it's heavy as my ex, and that's really heavy. Smaller shields are busted by axes in 3-4 hits tops, I actually had my steel buckler one-shotted by a GLA once.

Strange, the most common is three to four hits, in the gear you can see on the avatar, with over 70 hp.
It's awkward when my Poleaxe needs three hits on an archer who uses some laughable cloth armor, and even gets one overhead in the head-area, but I'm down in three hits from an onehander in heavy armour.  :?

They're fast, and powerful. Denying this is like saying the sky is green, and grass is blue. I know that the huscarl isn't that much used, but even mid-high tier shields can be a pain, when you meet a real spammer, or curved blade abuser. That's just annoying.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:00:05 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 03:26:09 pm »
Many 2H are comparable in speed

The same way the Mallet is comparable in speed to a greatsword (hey, it's just -10). :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 1618
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »
Mallet isn't slow, it's short. And one handers who feint a lot and have plenty of PS (many of them have 9 PS) are nasty. They aren't that slow either. And if you start that circling game Christo mentioned you're dead, because they'll just spam you and it's very hard to block in such situation. You can spam them as well but all they have to do is to raise their shield. But it's not true that they can two hit me with 65 HP when I'm wearing my heavy armor. Not even those guys with 9 PS can't two hit me but can three hit me. Good way for dealing with shielders is backpeddaling and spamming overheads because many of them like to open the fight with overhead strike and if they do that chances are big that you'll chamber them.

But one handers I dislike the most are those STR heavy monsters who wear heavy armor and whose strikes are so slow that if I try to block it just like I block ordinary fast guy just to realize that their strike isn't connected yet and if I try to strike after "block" I usually get hit hard lolz

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:20 pm »
Mallet isn't slow, it's short. And one handers who feint a lot and have plenty of PS (many of them have 9 PS) are nasty. They aren't that slow either. And if you start that circling game Christo mentioned you're dead, because they'll just spam you and it's very hard to block in such situation. You can spam them as well but all they have to do is to raise their shield. But it's not true that they can two hit me with 65 HP when I'm wearing my heavy armor. Not even those guys with 9 PS can't two hit me but can three hit me. Good way for dealing with shielders is backpeddaling and spamming overheads because many of them like to open the fight with overhead strike and if they do that chances are big that you'll chamber them.

But one handers I dislike the most are those STR heavy monsters who wear heavy armor and whose strikes are so slow that if I try to block it just like I block ordinary fast guy just to realize that their strike isn't connected yet and if I try to strike after "block" I usually get hit hard lolz

About slow attacks, your right, I hate releasing my block and being mid counterattack when they finally get their weapon over to me :D

But as for 9 PS guys using shields, your dreaming, 9 PS is 27 STR, not enough for anything but a joke shield that explodes when fat men fart on it.
I don't know enough

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »
+3
The obvious solution is to buff 2H stab speed and damage.