Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 10086 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52:53 am »
+3
I fucking despise 0-day DLC, it's so blatently greedy and insulting yet so many people will still pay for it, I will not buy any DLC for ME3 at all now, this stuff pisses me off so much it makes me not even want to buy or play the game anymore.

Developers claim piracy loses them huge amounts of sales, even though it doesn't in reality, it's actually bullshit like this that loses them more sales.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 11:58:40 am »
Jack is hot <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »
I'm not against DLC per se, but the price/value is generally ridiculous.

DLC's like that are worth no more than 0.30 euros.

Up to this date, I fail to find any DLC that was correctly priced. Except maybe the two excellent ones for GTA4.

Offline Berplars

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Berplars
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »
Those things make me wait for a Ultimate/Complete/Deluxe/whatsoever Edition, since i share the opinion about the first day free for some people DLC.
Also the later Version are often more costeffective then buying the DLCs one by one, so i can wait.

And due to that no DLC from Bioware that i got in these Complete Edition was ever worth the amount of money. I actually have never ever seen a DLC being worth its money, compared to the main game.
So i have never bought one besides from the All in One Editions.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 03:55:54 pm »
They're trying to be like Activision more and more which is prompting a lot of people to opt out of buying Mass Effect 3 at the moment. Hopefully it'll stick for release so they will take notice but probably not as always with all the weak individuals. :twisted:
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 07:02:19 pm »
I've only ever bought one bit of DLC for a game EVER. I never touch the stuff usually. I won't be with ME3 either.

Tbh the guy on that vid was kicking up a massive fuss. None of us even knows what the extra storyline will be. There's nothing to say that it will be so uberly awesomely important as he makes out.

Needless to say, DLC, particularly first day DLC, is stupid though. Just an excuse to charge gamers far more. I miss the days of good expansion packs that were essentially an entire new game, or just extra content included in patches.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:04:16 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 07:07:12 pm »
The only DLC I purchased was for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or Borderlands, and that was because I felt it had actual impact on my game for the price, and not "Pay ten bucks for a side quest (Dragon Age 2). Turn in 5 bucks of gamer tokens for two new horse skins (Oblivion)."

I prefer expansion pack DLC like Borderlands did, not "Release an unfinished game and make you pay to finish it" like DA2 did.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »
Yeah, I already preordered the collecto's edition, and finding out that you'll be able to just buy the special mission as DLC somewhat ticks me off, but I love ME universe, so I'll continue to give them $80

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »
+1
err vietnam DLC for BFBC2, how much was it again? all i remember is i didnt regret it one bit

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 08:30:18 pm »
Any DLC that is made AFTER the release date is fine, it is the issue of creating this type of DLC for sale at launch meaning they're purposely keeping (important) parts of the game from people at the get-go. Now whether those parts play into the main story or not isn't really an argument, the character it self is a Prothean, just listening to its dialogue would be reason enough in it self.

Obviously the DLC with the Prothean is going to be really interesting, probably epic, because hey, people need to buy it extra PLUS its a friggin' Prothean, of course they're going to make something amazing, it isn't just some random human or race. Just wait and see until after release, the only other option would be that they're then purposely releasing a bad DLC, and why would they do that..

Quote from: Mass Effect Wiki
The Protheans are an extinct alien race which mysteriously vanished over 50,000 years ago. The only known space-faring species of their time, the Protheans arose from a single planet and developed an immense galaxy-wide empire. Not much is known about them, but many of their artifacts, ruins and technology have apparently survived the ages.

[...]

In addition to the technology they left behind, the Protheans left a greater influence through their in-depth study of other races. Their work has had the greatest impact on humans and the hanar. In humanity's case, the discovery of Prothean ruins on Mars, which were home to a small data cache, introduced humans to element zero and eventually revealed the location of the Charon Relay. A Prothean ruin on Eletania can also yield an ancient recording from a Prothean data recorder that was implanted into a Cro-Magnon human.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Prothean

So, combined, we have:
  • ACTA supporters
  • Insane prices mimicking Activision
  • Keeping content from people at launch
  • Origin
The choice shouldn't really be hard.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 05:25:46 pm »

This is what I do to games made/published by companies that support ACTA/SOPA/PIPA.

Arrrrrrrrrr!
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 06:43:00 pm »
insightful as ever
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:47 pm »
I have play the demo.

Enjoyed the single player mode, still a little scared about "Much more action than ME2! Much less Role playing! You can even play the game without discussion choice!"
And the beginning is a little strange too... (What? Alliance take MY ship? I'm a spectre! they don't have the authority for that!)

Played the multilayer mode too and...  Man, if I want to fight endless wave of brainless opponent in coop, I will play a zombie game like Killing floor.  It was sooo boring, and their system buy random pack for your character just smell like "If we don't made this, you will clear the multiplayer mode in just one week"
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:45 pm »
+1
Enjoyed the single player mode, still a little scared about "Much more action than ME2! Much less Role playing! You can even play the game without discussion choice!"

In defence this is the different modes you can choose from, either "action, roleplaying or story" if you choose roleplaying you get a game that is closer to ME1. Action = gears of war and story = Oprah.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:36:32 pm by Siiem »

Offline ulfardarri

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cannibal Holliday and 14 more
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 03:38:34 am »
Very good demo multiplayer is awesome cant wait