Author Topic: Rageball complaint  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Rageball complaint
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54:46 pm »
yeah there is a downside to all agi in rageball, I can consistently
Tis what I do. I camp enemy goal and kill all oppostion nearby so that when I DO get a pass i got a free run. And 1h is OP in rageball versus the agi whores.

Yeah that's the tactical arguement that can be made, that if you constantly have your checker on respawn timer you might get an open field if they ball is suddenly punted to you. In reality this will probably rarely happen, but the arguement can be made it will, but even then, who cares? Fighting is something to do while you wait for ball, and if you are annoyed by this prospect then either run away or just let him kill you and watch play develop while respawning, there's no stats anyways...

And yeah there is downside to going all AGI, I'm not even lvl 30 this gen and can consistently one-shot naked AGI guys with my 1h broad axe and 5 powerstrike.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 06:59:29 pm »
Yeah that's the tactical arguement that can be made, that if you constantly have your checker on respawn timer you might get an open field if they ball is suddenly punted to you. In reality this will probably rarely happen, but the arguement can be made it will, but even then, who cares? Fighting is something to do while you wait for ball, and if you are annoyed by this prospect then either run away or just let him kill you and watch play develop while respawning, there's no stats anyways...

Actually it happens a lot. But then of course there's usually 1-2 of us on the team that's in TS making when i get the ball that much better. I've scored quite a few goals like that. Just killing the opposition and then having the ball arrive.(and the flipside, pissing off the enemy team so that there's a bunch jumping me and I can't grab the ball)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »
Actually it happens a lot. But then of course there's usually 1-2 of us on the team that's in TS making when i get the ball that much better. I've scored quite a few goals like that. Just killing the opposition and then having the ball arrive.(and the flipside, pissing off the enemy team so that there's a bunch jumping me and I can't grab the ball)

Well I like to play D and if there's some clown hanging around looking to cherry pick I'll shadow him. If he wants to fight that's fine, probably isn't watching ball anyways, and I'll fight him back to keep him busy, he can spend 2 minutes uselessly beating on my +3 huscarl shield trying to kill me, try timing that on TS/vent.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »
+1
DMing is actually one of the best tactics if your team has weak runners.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
Well I like to play D and if there's some clown hanging around looking to cherry pick I'll shadow him. If he wants to fight that's fine, probably isn't watching ball anyways, and I'll fight him back to keep him busy, he can spend 2 minutes uselessly beating on my +3 huscarl shield trying to kill me, try timing that on TS/vent.

that's why i carry an axe :wink: 5 hits and even a huscarl is down. In addition, buckler is awesome shield for rageball. Light, provides real damn good protection since very few people use axes, and you still got insta block.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:35 pm »
+1
standing around dming is what nerds who have no idea how team sports work do

don't be that nerd

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:33:01 am »
+1
To be perfectly honest, if you want to just kill defenders go play Battle. Rageball isn't focused around mindless slaughter.

This is not coming by experience, because I run right past them and they can't do shit about it - ball with me or not.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:37:33 am by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:26 am »
Killing the defenders is a great thing to do. They start raging, then more of them come to get rid of you, but you keep killing them and now half their team is busy raging at you or trying to kill you and ignoring the ball. Their weaker players start avoiding you entirely leaving openings and honestly, even if there's a small chance that the guy will be on his respawn timer when the ball gets to you, it is better than the zero percent chance if you aren't killing him.

People don't like you killing them because they don't get to sit there and leech while the ball is on the other side of the field, or you are stopping them from achieving their objective.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 08:00:10 am »
People don't like you killing them because they don't get to sit there and leech while the ball is on the other side of the field, or you are stopping them from achieving their objective.

Wow, you just called all defenders leechers. Get the hell out.