Author Topic: Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 03:46:55 pm »
+2
I like how you call the reason why it will never be possible an irrelevant argument.

Fact: If it was possible EVERYONE would stop retiring his main.
This is not desired by us.

Right now only hardcore players do it and the amount of 31+ chars is relatively small.
It's supposed to stay like that.

You had two options:
Keep retiring for heirlooms or go for a higher level - both have their own advantages, you can't have the cake and eat it too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 2789
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »
Or you can retire 15 times, get all the looms and stop retiring like some of us did :D

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 04:01:06 pm »
the way i see it if the system will be this way it will still be way more attractive to be retireing your main, and play on alts for diversety (since you need to kinda play same gear on your main for strat craft gain ) . the alternative of lvling up your main first and then getting heirlooms to it wont be attractive for new players or players who want to max out the potential of this (unfinished) system idea. my conclusion : yes this will be verywell appreciated by the small ammount of people including myself who ''hardcore'' max lvld, but it will be a bigger advantage to the average joe then to this ''elite'' + it will achieve those high lvls playing on alts lower lvls witch is what the dev team wants am i right? it will boost the heirloom market.

and once again il state : me as a hardcore player will get my looms through gold grind enyways, it will be a way more boring experience ,,, but il get there. overall i think this will enrichen all the players experience and push crpg into being even more awesome then it is atm. im trying to see the big picture.

also this system would merge well with the concept of new items being added to the mod and heirloom packs being updated.

*edit: what you mention to be '''fact'' makes me think you misinterpet the meaning of this word.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:11:05 pm by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:36 pm »
*edit: what you mention to be '''fact'' makes me think you misinterpet the meaning of this word.

If there is absolutely no reason to retire you main anymore, why would anyone retire it?
How is it not a fact that people will stop retiring if there is no reason to retire your main anymore?

Also while we are at misinterpreting, we are talking way different players here.
I am talking casuals that are not playing every day and will never plan for 31+ you are talking new hardcore players.

Anyhow everything that needed to be said was said.
Ain't gonna happen.

Outa here :mrgreen:

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 04:25:05 pm »
Meow, what do you think about the 1-time option, for us who started going max level before sacrifice was implemented???

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 04:25:39 pm »
Also while we are at misinterpreting, we are talking way different players here.
I am talking casuals that are not playing every day and will never plan for 31+ you are talking new hardcore players.

Like i stated this is an unfinished concept and how you derive from my post that im only talking about hardcore players is confusing to me.
As far as i see it this system should be there to actually benifit the casual players more then the hardcore players, since the rewards of retiring your main heavely outweights the secondary option.
I just think the second option should be there to give those hardcore players a little love to.
Whiles more effectiveley fixing the problem your facing about to many high lvls playing at the same time on a server. and making your game more rewarding to everybody.

As to how you derive that there is no more reason to retire your main is also confusing:

Reason to retire your main is that you will get the money from your alts heirloom grind instead of not getting the money and having to pay an ''undefined'' fee from your mains purse..
Effectivly draining the money of the high lvls, and overtime increasing the money of the low lvls.
Witch overall will make that people retiring theyr mains gain heirlooms at a way higher rate then the people not retiring theyr mains.
Effectivley closing the gap between new players and veterans.
Or am i making a big mistake somewhere in this logic ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:49:34 pm by rufio »

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »
Meow, what do you think about the 1-time option, for us who started going max level before sacrifice was implemented???

Well, chadz said it might happen at some point but no ETA on it.
Also not sure if it is actually gonna happen.

WALL OF TEXT

I'll read it if you format it properly :mrgreen:

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »
as you wish supreme overlord  :wink:

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »
Well, chadz said it might happen at some point but no ETA on it.
Also not sure if it is actually gonna happen.

Push so it happens.

It's fair and not exploitable.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 05:00:19 pm »
i think you dont understand the defenition of exploiting something.... and plz make your own thread with that idea, i wish for this thread to focus on the concept i made
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:01:21 pm by rufio »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »
Right now only hardcore players do it and the amount of 31+ chars is relatively small.
It's supposed to stay like that.

Do you know how many characters are lvl 31+? (not that you should publish it, just interested)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »
i think you dont understand the defenition of exploiting something....

You should really stop telling people that they don't know definitions of words to make your point.

And he is right, a one time sacrifice for everyone is not exploitable in the way that you keep your high level char and farm heirlooms on alts.

Also I read your other post and sadly the format did not really help me see how it helps making your system more attractive to us.

Let me repeat:
We do want people to retire.
We do not want everyone to go for 35 on their main chars.

Or am i making a big mistake somewhere in this logic ?

Depends, I am having trouble following the whole thing since you take a gameplay issue (1-30 players fighting 35 players (on regular c-rpg servers and in strat)) and make it about items & money.
That does not work.
The gap between 31+ players and casuals does not get any less of a problem due to that.
If anything it would make the problem bigger due to more people going for higher levels and the game getting more frustrating for casuals.

As requested by you I will now also tell you that you do not need to waste more time on explaining it since it won't change, maybe the level limit gets upped from 5 to 30 but that's it.

That's it from me for this thread :mrgreen:

Do you know how many characters are lvl 31+? (not that you should publish it, just interested)

I myself can not, chadz could easily do it by running a DB check.
Might even publish it.
Should be kinda easy having a list from 1-35 with the amount of characters and mains at that level.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 06:20:59 pm »
Thank you for stating your view and explaining why this idea is flawed in your oppinion. 
I still think the dif between a lvl 30 and a lvl 35 statwise is minimum. and the time put into getting to lvl 35 is incredibly huge, for you to put this off as insignificant is weird.
The frustration will come from teamplay / skill / combat awareness, NOT FROM 5/6 lvls diffrence .
I still feel that the arguments being made against this ''system'' are pretty unclear  appart from the flawed theory on lvl difference making casuals frustrated.
And i still feel that this or a similar system being implemented will go great along side the new changes of heirloom packs and new items being added. ( again heirloom stats are also pretty insignificant compaired to the amount of grind needed to get them, only real reason i would want them is for the looks fromm heirloom packs)
So yes i do make this about gold and about heirlooms, since that from my extensive experience in this game, i have concluded for myself that the way i perform isnt thatmuch different between lvl 27 or lvl 34, its all about the 3 things i mentioned higher up.

* ex·ploit  (ksploit, k-sploit)
n.
An act or deed, especially a brilliant or heroic one. See Synonyms at feat1.
tr.v. (k-sploit, ksploit) ex·ploit·ed, ex·ploit·ing, ex·ploits
1. To employ to the greatest possible advantage: exploit one's talents.
2. To make use of selfishly or unethically: a country that exploited peasant labor. See Synonyms at manipulate.
3. To advertise; promote.

exploiting this ''system '' would actually mean going for retireing your main , not lvling it up to max lvl.
since it will give you the best time vs reward turnout.

fact  (fkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

speaks for itself, you cant know facts of this system since it hasnt been tested or implemented.

''The gap between 31+ players and casuals does not get any less of a problem due to that.''

the gap no, the occurence of the gap because people will be playing on alts alot = yes

I find it a shame that this idea is being put off so blatantly since i have really tried to think this through, and create an raw idea/concept that would make the game better as a whole, not only for ''me'' as you might think, still i thank you for reading , and responding.

sincerley ,

rufio
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:37:09 pm by rufio »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1104
  • Infamy: 378
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »
i think you dont understand the defenition of exploiting something....

Hmm exploiting, let me see...

Isn't that scenario when you find that interesting and cheap medieval game on sale for just 5$, you decide to snatch it and install it. After you finally got ingame you check for server just to realize that no one is playing on most servers...

So eventually you read on steam forums about that mod c-rpg which turns said game into World of WarCraft. You install it, go on main server and after 15 minutes of getting slaughtered by other players you go on mod's forums searching for giudes. There are plenty of them but something else catches your attention and that is high number of anti-archery threads and posts on forums. You decide to try archery just to realize that you've finally found something familiar (just like in other FPS games you used to play). You decide to stick with it and eventually you start to kill people and many of them are pissed off and you love the feeling making some schmuck angry over internet. You feel good and powerful.

I believe that's exploiting. It's mainly done by so called casuals (how Meow refers to them). They have the cake. For us who spent some time in order to learn something new, how to play this game how its supposed to be played, for us cake is a lie.

Meow is so cool and likes to play nerfed classes so much that he was previously playing such hard class as polearm STR spammer and now decided to play something even worse and more "hardcore", famous my old friendcher class. Along with many others, including our dear big nosed archer hater Perverz, otherwise known as Gnjus :rolleyes:

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »
Glad you decided to waste your time anyway.

Bye Bye :mrgreen: