Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53499 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: archery..
« Reply #765 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:26 pm »
7 athletics and not being able to catch an archer, while being riddled with shield breaking arrows?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am sure he was much more heavily armoured than the archer was, and I am sure the weight of the shield didnt help either
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #766 on: April 25, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »
the thing is we started chasing him with 4 people of whome i ended up being the last surviving one QQ

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #767 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »
Why didnt you guys just call for ranged support yourself ? You were supporting your ranged, not being busy with cheap killhunting did you ? DID YOU ? I HOPE YOU DID !

E: Herkku doesnt like teh teAMplayZ I guess
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:56:52 pm by XyNox »

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #768 on: April 26, 2012, 12:17:55 am »
+1
Archery is fine stop crying like little girls  :!:

1. learn to live with Archery is counter for cav 2h/pole/1h/xbow/Thrower

2. Its your own fault for not goin archer to counter other archers

3. Get a shield noob!!!

wow Tzar , never expeted this post from you.
btw im arbalester, what i do in 1 way=i kill enemy archers
2) i kill enemy horses, thats what i do most the time.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #769 on: April 26, 2012, 01:19:53 am »
+1
I am sure he was much more heavily armoured than the archer was, and I am sure the weight of the shield didnt help either

The problem with that idea is that archers don't shoot arrows out of their arse, and so had to turn around several times. So I guess they started chasing across an open field 200 yards away? For 3 minutes? Reminds me of that ball of 10 melee chasing a HX around for 4-5 minutes while their own team's ranged was slaughtered by the enemy melee that wasn't quite as.......<fill in the appropriate term>
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #770 on: April 26, 2012, 06:43:58 am »
The problem with that idea is that archers don't shoot arrows out of their arse, and so had to turn around several times. So I guess they started chasing across an open field 200 yards away? For 3 minutes? Reminds me of that ball of 10 melee chasing a HX around for 4-5 minutes while their own team's ranged was slaughtered by the enemy melee that wasn't quite as.......<fill in the appropriate term>

I am well aware that archers do not fire arrows out of their asses :P but its the only logical explanation I could think of if a 7 shield 7 athletics shielder managed to get killed chasing an archer, and I do agree with the picture you posted and not being able to make sense of how it happened, I was simply trying to make SOME sort of sense of how that coulda even worked out, and an archer with higher athletics (them damn EU players do love their agi builds), just kept running, turning around and taking shots until the job was done, which I have seen pulled off a few times by speedy archers on NA when they are the last alive.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #771 on: April 26, 2012, 08:10:39 am »
+1
wow Tzar , never expeted this post from you.

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2012, 11:45:59 am »

makes me remember off that post where i said it was 4vs1,, i dont remember mentioning enyone else allive or anything like that, i think na should get theyr own forums where they can talk with theyr own  kind, since they play a totaly different game enyways.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »
Archery is fine stop crying like little girls  :!:

1. learn to live with Archery is counter for cav 2h/pole/1h/xbow/Thrower

2. Its your own fault for not goin archer to counter other archers

3. Get a shield noob!!!

Sig worthy.

Also, it baffles me how archer enthusiasts are unable to understand the problem with shielders that are stronger vs other melee than ranged troops.

An archer with a decent build can basically shoot while moving nearly non-stop. In a way, they do fire arrows out of their arse, unless they got a fail STR build of course, or armor heavier than peasant clothes. All of this makes him the hardest class to kill for any other class if he has half a brain, except maybe HA that inherently have this kiting ability. But HA got big horses that can be safely lanced or shot, besides they can't dodge cav during the last 500 ms like foot archers can.

Shielders need a significant buff to their ability to kill archers, and to survive while approaching 2 or more of them. This whole "there are two of us we kite in different directions while shooting, you die !" mechanic is absurd.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #774 on: April 26, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »
+1
Wow, this reached a new level of retardism.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #775 on: April 26, 2012, 03:14:26 pm »
Shielders need a significant buff to their ability to kill archers, and to survive while approaching 2 or more of them. This whole "there are two of us we kite in different directions while shooting, you die !" mechanic is absurd.

"Mechanic"? You mean, teamplay and being outnumbered? A skilled player going up against two other skilled players is almost always going to lose unless the team of two make a mistake.

But if you insist I've found the perfectly (balanced) shielder change that should help them with running archers:
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #776 on: April 26, 2012, 03:50:39 pm »

Now it isn't good enough for you if you can run down and auto-kill a single archer, oh no. You want to be able to auto-kill however many archers might be shooting at you without being touched.

Why not just have archers auto-die on spawn?  :rolleyes:

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #777 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:57 pm »
+1
just have archers auto-die on spawn?

+1
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 26, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 2828
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 26, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
+1
I wanna make post filled with pictures like news headlines with Tzar and Rufio saying QQ Archery OP!!, Nerf friendly archery!, I had 8 kd then archer ruined it, nURF! and stuff like that. But I'm too lazy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:42:49 pm by Leshma »