Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53309 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: archery..
« Reply #405 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:39 am »
one funny thing this thread has made me notice = alot of archers click shoot,,, lololololololol, and then talk about arrchery, ,,, these people havent even found out about hold attacks > increased damage, and that on second sweetspot in hold the arrow goes fuckin straight even thow your crosshair is wider.... dum dum dum...  i dont know if i have brought hell upon the rest of crpg now, maybe this enlightenment is needed sothat archers play like fuckin real gamers, and finally we can nerf lobby without being counterlobbyd , oh damn i posted before even finishing my archery movie, ah well
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #406 on: March 16, 2012, 12:44:35 am »
(click to show/hide)
You just brought Hell on Calradia... Please don't tell the noobs how to shoot ye arrows :(

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #407 on: March 16, 2012, 01:01:47 am »
yeaaaa I don't think the "sweetspot" works quite like that, but sure continue to be delusional and think archers are some sort of sub-gamer group.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 16, 2012, 01:13:11 am »
Nerf archers back to the state where only the longbow dealt pierce damage!

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #409 on: March 16, 2012, 01:34:38 am »
No because it's the arrow head that determines the type of damage whether cut or pierce. Everything could be solved in crpg with the so calld dreaded stamina bar....all bows same draw speed but make the longbow require more stamina like it actually did in history. Would also stop noob 2h spammers woops I said it  :evil:

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 16, 2012, 01:35:39 am »
no u

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #411 on: March 16, 2012, 01:36:23 am »
Well I doubt that all bows could be drawn with same speed :/

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2012, 01:42:01 am »
No because it's the arrow head that determines the type of damage whether cut or pierce. Everything could be solved in crpg with the so calld dreaded stamina bar....all bows same draw speed but make the longbow require more stamina like it actually did in history. Would also stop noob 2h spammers woops I said it  :evil:

Actually could be interesting to make a new skill called stamina. It would be 1 per every 3 str/agi points (meaning that it wouldn't be tied to either one, because it would be shitty if only agi builds would get stamina or only str builds would get stamina.) However this would require to balance every goddamn weapon in the game again... Too much work me thinks...

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2012, 02:01:48 am »
+1
Actually could be interesting to make a new skill called stamina. It would be 1 per every 3 str/agi points (meaning that it wouldn't be tied to either one, because it would be shitty if only agi builds would get stamina or only str builds would get stamina.) However this would require to balance every goddamn weapon in the game again... Too much work me thinks...

yes but would make the mod so much better in my opinion, you would see then who really has skills and who just knows how to lmb with polestun.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2012, 02:21:33 am »
Hmm this stamina system would have the potential to change cRPG as we know it to something completely different. It is interesting consept yes... I don't know what to think about it yet but I would like to give it a try... Any dev opinions?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2012, 03:24:04 am »
yeaaaa I don't think the "sweetspot" works quite like that, but sure continue to be delusional and think archers are some sort of sub-gamer group.

im getting the hang of it on my archer char....

and adal stamina bar sounds nice in theory, but will take extreme amounts of time to implement and ballance, (i think, not sure you talking about hits only or about running and sprinting to)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:56 am »
im getting the hang of it on my archer char....
ROFL you like dragonforce. When you got grownup musical tastes you can have growup opinions too! Im being mean, but your silly nonsensical shit about archery is a big LOL.

YAY! Stamina bar! Tie it to both STR and AGI! Then 18/21 build get 13! 15/24 build get....13! 21/18 get....13! YAY WE ALL GET THE SAME! So lets save ourselves the bother and not have one! WOO! Already we have made progress. Honestly, 2dimensional pole spammers need to think before they type! WOOOOO!!

Also: As to drawing bows and stamina: Drawing smaller compound bows uses a lot of stamina in comparison to longer, slower draws. I can fire longbow all day (well, thats a lie, untill my fingers and shoulders give out, but I bet its longer than your wrists hold out feinting with zweihanders), but firing compounds is tiring and irritating, they dont have much range or power and need great excersion to max out.

To Balance archery a bit: Both gameplay and realism wise: Give the horsebows (Nomad, Horn, etc) the Tag: Unusable On Foot. They are already overpowered for their puny size and draw. They are not meant to be used on foot, else why they all have horse sheaths?

1/ HOW does it take less slots to carry a leather bow sheath than a weapon slung on back.

2/ HOW does a bow + large leather case weigh MORE than just a bow? Horn bow 1.2, longbow 1.7.....WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING chadz!

OR: Make all large 2hander and poles 3 slot: Large bows already are 3 slot, and cost more. Balance, or GTFO. This thread is pointless, one sided, unrealistic, and is just the ramblings of butthurt heros wanting to spam massive weapons to compensate for lacking social skills. If not, prove me wrong: agree with me that currently archery is DICKED massively, SPITROASTED in fact by this endless, pointless bigotry.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:40:53 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 16, 2012, 10:54:00 am »
Yeah... I must start thinking before posting... But where to place this new skill? Maybe make it use WPF points so yes it becomes agi dependable, and you strength whores will finally learn to appreciate the power of weaponmaster. Maybe it even shouldn't affect on running speed etc, but only to weapon swing speed. Then it wouldn't be neccessary to make a separate "stamina" wpf section, but give stamina according to certain weaponclass the guy put wpf in... Also maybe give everyone the same stamina. It really isn't that bad idea either!

Blind Guy you have to stop trying to troll people.. It is just sad how hard you try.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:07 am »
remove all ranged.

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2012, 11:02:53 am »
(click to show/hide)

Read my post for balance ideas. Stamina would ruin game for shielders, spammers, wouldnt affect archers tbh, since repeated attacks and extended blocking and running are not part of archery. This is a thread called Archery...if you read my post you would see balance ideas, instead of adding another mechanic to an already unreliably overburdened engine.

(click to show/hide)

This. xD

ALSO THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZYtKvnDwKc&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:04:31 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough