Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53343 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: archery..
« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2012, 12:32:06 am »
What's the record for archer running away? Tonight me and Elio followed some Fallen guy, Sjanta for more than 2 minutes I think.

I currently have a record of dehorsing a guy before even the first tick at 30 seconds, and him chasing me until shot at the back at round end with only a little over a minute left on the timer.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2012, 12:40:32 am »
+1
Now thats something to be proud of.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2012, 02:47:29 am »
+1
I currently have a record of dehorsing a guy before even the first tick at 30 seconds, and him chasing me until shot at the back at round end with only a little over a minute left on the timer.

I managed to pull Atas from one border of the map to another and back for straight 48 seconds ... IN RAGEBALL ... HAH !
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2012, 06:51:06 pm »
I managed to run after an archer for 2 seconds, then some my old friend with  longsword chambered overhead attack was waiting around a corner... the rage, my my.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2012, 12:31:03 pm »
Did ranged got buff again? They are pretty dangerous against me now, a jarid took 90% of my hp in 1 throw and sometime I get one throw- perman death. 2 arrow from longbow / rus bow can kill my courser and just 1 steel bolt from an arbalest will kill  95% of my horse hp. Did they got buff after this newest patch?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »
Did ranged got buff again? They are pretty dangerous against me now, a jarid took 90% of my hp in 1 throw and sometime I get one throw- perman death. 2 arrow from longbow / rus bow can kill my courser and just 1 steel bolt from an arbalest will kill  95% of my horse hp. Did they got buff after this newest patch?

Throwing weapons now cause perma-death? 

Holy shit nerf throwing!
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:33 pm »
+2
Just respecced to archer last night and i have come to the conclusion that archery is very hard and dosn't need any nerfs

(click to show/hide)

Sarcasm intended
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 14, 2012, 03:44:50 pm »
I don't play EU but I hear you are an average player with average skill who isn't level 30+ and who doesn't have some skilled teammates as backup, nor the ability to succeed in melee when approached, so I take this one screenshot as proof archery needs to be nerfed

sarcasm intended

(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 14, 2012, 03:48:58 pm »
level 28 with 0 ps, so my melee skills and level dont come into it . I was 2 shotting most people, with the str builds taking 3 hits. But dont nerf its pretty balanced

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 14, 2012, 03:58:25 pm »
Ok well now we are up to three high score photos from archers.  Stacked against... about a billion similarly high scores from melee and cavalry players.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #370 on: March 14, 2012, 03:58:32 pm »
Throwing weapons now cause perma-death? 

Holy shit nerf throwing!

Not all the time perma-death. I am a horseman you see throwers is like anti-cav now. If you cahrge at them you can get 1 hit killed by their throwing weapons. 1 guy with 7 PD throw a non-loom lance at me and i died from it. (lose 100% hp) i had 18 str and 3 iron flesh and carrying a sheild. (Wearing mongol armor and golden horde helmet non-loom, but my mail gauntlets are loom +3)

i went to NA yesterday because i keep crashing on EU server, some naked guy from hospitaller that uses throwing axes nearly top the score board, he is a agi axe thrower, which means he don't have much power throw but i forgot his name.

level 28 with 0 ps, so my melee skills and level dont come into it . I was 2 shotting most people, with the str builds taking 3 hits. But dont nerf its pretty balanced

It is true that i can die from 2 arrow, one arrow will took 70% of my hp and thats why i need my shield , horn bow took 30% of my hp but seriously longbow and rus bow deal tons of damage :shock:

a player called Jambi top score board with 28 kills and 3 death i remember from yesterday after the patch, i should have taken a screen shot back then.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 14, 2012, 03:59:40 pm »
Just respecced to archer last night and i have come to the conclusion that archery is very hard and dosn't need any nerfs

(click to show/hide)

Sarcasm intended
He has my bow :)

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 14, 2012, 04:43:16 pm »
+1
Ok well now we are up to three high score photos from archers.  Stacked against... about a billion similarly high scores from melee and cavalry players.
I suppose the point i was trying to make is that ive played a 2h and other melee class's for a very long time and i have never had problems with range. Yes i would die to them and rage sometimes but i never really thought of them as op or game changing. But since ive actually played archer and seen how easy it is for a supposedly support class to get such easy kills i can see how they are considered to be a bit op.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 14, 2012, 04:46:10 pm »
+1
I am suspecting a ninja buff to ranged, they are heavily fucking me up, seems more than it used to be. Even though I now use a heavier armor.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »
i get the impression my throwing was improved, getting a kill for every axe i threw

on my crossbow alt(no looms) i was one shotting people

placebo effect? maybe...