Author Topic: Loompoint Price  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
Loompoint Price
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:00:01 pm »
Loompoints' prices are skyrocketing for no particular reason - i remember buying loompoints for 350k-400k last year. Now it's coming to 600k and i won't be surprised if it reaches 700k in next 2 months. Why's that happening? The demand for heirlooms has increased and ppl need more looms? The supply of looms depends on how often ppl retire. Do we have shortage of retiring ppl and that is a reason for huge price shift?

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
Re: Loompoint Price
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 01:05:38 pm »
+1
Or gamechanging patches require the need of new looms. Maybe? That's my idea.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:06:04 pm »
Greed

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:31:20 pm »
+1
If you haven't noticed by now the market place is just a place where people can avoid the upkeep system by ripping off other people
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 03:39:01 pm »
+1
Some people are offering 500k gold to buy for example for a courser
That means that if you want to buy a loompoint you have to beat this offer , or the heirloom point seller will heirloom a courser instead of sellin loompoint.
So loompoint are always more expansive that the bigger gold offer in the market.

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »
Inflation, it's simple, more money is coming into crpg through round ticks than going out of circulation (repairs, or players quitting being an example).

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
Actually more is going out than in, that also explains why so few people are buying/selling stuff on market compared to half a year ago, and people obviously beeing greedy/wanting money for upkeep increase the prices, not to mention that the big traders are gaining from the inflation, they also help it

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 06:33:08 pm »
Actually more is going out than in, that also explains why so few people are buying/selling stuff on market compared to half a year ago, and people obviously beeing greedy/wanting money for upkeep increase the prices, not to mention that the big traders are gaining from the inflation, they also help it

There is definately more money coming in than going out, remember over a long term people can break even with over 50k.

What you've described is down to the fact that looms/cash are being concentrated in the hands of a shrinking minority of the community. It's pretty representative of real life, certain people just hoard wealth, the fact that there's less people selling expensive looms coupled with the fact that people have a growing amount of income means that the sellers can now dictate prices more effectively - hence a sort of inflation.

At the end of the day its not just greed, people are selling looms/points for the price people are willing to pay for them. You can be as unrealistically greedy as you like, but your not going to find a market for your goods.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:35:38 pm by Bongo Fury »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:54 pm »
Loompoints' prices are skyrocketing for no particular reason - i remember buying loompoints for 350k-400k last year. Now it's coming to 600k and i won't be surprised if it reaches 700k in next 2 months. Why's that happening? The demand for heirlooms has increased and ppl need more looms? The supply of looms depends on how often ppl retire. Do we have shortage of retiring ppl and that is a reason for huge price shift?

Apparently we have an inflation in cRPG, and I would say around 20% a month. That means that more money is produced/grinded than spent on upkeep, so the overall amount of money available grew. Therefpre, we have increased prices of both loompoints and loomed gear. In the long run, this will fuck up the whole system.

Simple solution - increase the upkeep of everything.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:46:42 pm by Corwin »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 06:57:29 pm »
Simple solution - increase the upkeep of everything.

Or introduce new ways for ppl to spend money - i.e. taxes. One should stimulate spending, ppl shouldn't hog all money for upkeep and looms.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 07:01:32 pm »
Taxes? Like "Oh shit I entered eu1, there are 120 slots so I pay 12k gold because 1 slot costs 100 gold taxes for me. Damn I wish I was joining eu2 with 80 slots, because I would pay less money..." ? Yes, people would have to give away their money with that.  :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:48 pm »
Or introduce new ways for ppl to spend money - i.e. taxes. One should stimulate spending, ppl shouldn't hog all money for upkeep and looms.

This is a better solution, something like cosmetic items.

Any kind of adjustment to the upkeep system needs to really well considered, too much of a change straight away could throw all kinds of balance out of whack. Also people will just change their gear setup so they ARE making money, in many cases inflation is pretty much inevitable.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:09:13 pm by Bongo Fury »

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:05 pm »
We could apply taxes if character is looming second set of armor, weapons, leg armor etc. For example, if you have already retired with, say, leather armor once, you will have to pay additional money to heirloom some other armor (gothic plate) - 100k for +1, 200k for +2 and 300k for +3.

Though it shouldn't be neccesarily taxes. Players may need some kind of tweaks and small-time bonuses for monetary charges.

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »
We could apply taxes if character is looming second set of armor, weapons, leg armor etc. For example, if you have already retired with, say, leather armor once, you will have to pay additional money to heirloom some other armor (gothic plate) - 100k for +1, 200k for +2 and 300k for +3.

Though it shouldn't be neccesarily taxes. Players may need some kind of tweaks and small-time bonuses for monetary charges.

It's not a bad idea, but it's pretty complicated, probably not going to be very popular with the comunity either  :)

The website could just start selling vanity items (which cannot be sold back on) for various sums, this would effectively give something for the richer members to spend their money on and take that money out of distribution.

Offline Diablo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 07:31:14 pm »
Current prices seem reasonable to me.

Playing my character from level 0-31 I earn around 300k golds.
I'm willing to pay 300k / 450k for (+1) item.

Count 600k / 750 golds for (+2) seems interesting
+ A little bonus for keeping the article for two generations.

Count for 900k / 1.050k golds (+3) seems interesting
+ A bonus for keeping the item for 3 generations.

beyond these prices it is more interesting for me to work alone its improvements.