Author Topic: Loompoint Price  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
Re: Loompoint Price
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 07:40:36 pm »
Current prices seem reasonable to me.

Playing my character from level 0-31 I earn around 300k golds.
I'm willing to pay 300k / 450k for (+1) item.

Count 600k / 750 golds for (+2) seems interesting
+ A little bonus for keeping the article for two generations.

Count for 900k / 1.050k golds (+3) seems interesting
+ A bonus for keeping the item for 3 generations.

beyond these prices it is more interesting for me to work alone its improvements.

You mean along with your "natural" heirloom (i.e. the one your character produces when he retires), you also have money to buy one more? 2 heirlooms per generation seems a little bit too much  :?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:34 pm »
+2
I remember Rhaelys doing some maths awhile back:

(click to show/hide)

So the max amount of gold you get in a gen is around 430k, without factoring in any upkeep at all, to start with, with you getting less and less gold the more you retire. If people can get more than that they're going to, that's just how it is. Personally 600k is the absolute highest I'd go, and I'd probably still just wait for a better deal. 550k is what I've payed for my past five purchased points, and I feel like that is a fair deal.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 07:47:56 pm »
Increasing upkeep (addressed to those points made earlier) is a terrible, brute force idea. Preferably the low items would stay the same, mid tier would be slightly increased, high tier even more so. This of course assuming that upkeep needs to be raised at all.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 07:49:05 pm »
Probably came from people abusing first gen characters < level 25 getting infinite money (no upkeep).

Did they ever do anything about that?
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 07:50:20 pm »
Did they ever do anything about that?

Yup, now I think you start paying if you break 10K in reserve, or some such crap like that.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »
I remember Rhaelys doing some maths awhile back:

(click to show/hide)

So the max amount of gold you get in a gen is around 430k, without factoring in any upkeep at all, to start with, with you getting less and less gold the more you retire. If people can get more than that they're going to, that's just how it is. Personally 600k is the absolute highest I'd go, and I'd probably still just wait for a better deal. 550k is what I've payed for my past five purchased points, and I feel like that is a fair deal.

He did not factor in repair costs though. My character is relatively light with few repairs, but I only have made about 200k my first gen and about 150k this gen (about to retire)
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 08:18:58 pm »
Diving in a little bit to what has caused the price increase...

1. A few months back when Strat was first coming around and getting heavily played--no one was retiring. So you saw the prices rise from 400k up to 450k-500k.
2. Archery then, and Archery now -- During this time, more people were wearing heavy armor to combat archers. They got nerfed, but are now rebuffed some and armor users are wearing it more -- Prices rise to 540k.
3. Simple inflation. Those that are selling their loomed items can now demand anywhere from 200-500k more than what they used to be able to on MW items. These are the same people offering to mass-purchase looms at 550-600k.

I don't think it will turn tail and run unless there is a massive week filled with loom points for sale and people having to part with them for under 530k for a regular period of time. I've sold a few loom points in my career, first one I got 380k for, next was 440k, more recently 550k.

I hope it goes back down, it makes those of us not playing the Market system unable to obtain high-priced items without the dedication to play through 3 generations to obtain it.

Tanken
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:28:30 pm »
He did not factor in repair costs though.

So the max amount of gold you get in a gen is around 430k, without factoring in any upkeep at all, to start with, with you getting less and less gold the more you retire.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 09:53:04 pm »
LOOM POINTS R EXPANSAVE MUST BE GREED

(click to show/hide)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
LOOM POINTS R EXPANSAVE MUST BE GREED

(click to show/hide)

You are assuming that there are still lo of people playing Strategus. That's just not the case.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 01:42:53 am »
+1
He did not factor in repair costs though. My character is relatively light with few repairs, but I only have made about 200k my first gen and about 150k this gen (about to retire)

The maximum amount of gold you could gain in a single generation is actually at generation 1, because with higher generations the amount of XP you gain per tick is higher, but the amount of gold you gain per tick remains the same.

Thus, with 8,735,000 XP needed to retire: (I do not know the exact values for the last three digits, but it's inconsequential)

8,735,000 XP/1,000 XP per tick = 8,735 ticks x 50 gold = 436,750 gold

This holds regardless of multiplier, because gold increases by the same proportion that XP does. Consider the case of a perpetual 5x multiplier:

8,735,000 XP/5,000 XP per tick = 1,747 ticks x 250 gold = 436,750 gold

Now let's consider the worst case scenario.

You gain the least amount of gold when you receive maximum XP ticks, which is set to 1,450 at a x1 (generation 16).

8,735,000 XP/1,450 XP per tick = 6025 ticks x 50 gold = 301,250 gold

What was the point of this post?

I don't know.

max·i·mum   [mak-suh-muhm]  Show IPA noun, plural -mums, -ma  [-muh]  Show IPA, adjective
noun
the greatest quantity or amount possible, assignable, allowable, etc.
the highest amount, value, or degree attained or recorded.
an upper limit allowed or allowable by law or regulation.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:43:58 am by Rhaelys »

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:38 am »
and what it all boils down to ...... people in crpg with enough money to buy looms are fuckin retarded leechers who dont contribute whatsoever to multiplyers, they are the rotten oozing filth in this community that care not for battlefield glory but, to eventually trot about in shiny stuff, while still being the fuckin retarded scrubs they are.... now probbably im gonna have to pay more for my fun while these maggots just will continue grinding / leeching on their cheap ass gear..

*also what would be way better is if you can sacrifice an alt + heirlooms to main , for lets say ~30/50 k, as a different option to the lvl 5 bs. basicly person is still sticking his time into getting the loom himself + paying xtra (xtratime) for the transfer.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:04:53 pm by rufio »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »
maggots just will continue grinding / leeching on their cheap ass gear..

I do pretty decent in cheap clothes, still using good weapons though. I feel like high armor is a detriment to this mod.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 02:08:08 pm »
People are treating the market as a market. Buying low selling high. The price of loom points is related to the value of objects in the market. Who is going to sell a loom point and not be able to afford a loom? Why would you not just loom something like armour and sell it if you wanted cash.

The result is a co-dependant price relationship. The constant inflation is "normal" constant money is entering the system. If the value of money is being depreciated by it constantly growing then the prices are also going to keep going up.

Its possible to earn a rather tidy some of money playing a light cheap archer for a gen or light infantry. A cheap 2 skill shield and Yanmaodao + Byrnie and a nice hat is going to cost very little to maintain. As all that money filters into the system it helps to push the price up.

The trouble is we don't know how many trades are really going on and we have no simple way knowing how much liquidity is in the market. For all I know very little money is actually moving around and instead most of the movement is trades.

Another thing that was causing inflation was money coming out strat. People were able to transfer cash out strat at a 10-1 rate. If I pushed out my strat money at 10-1 right now I would walk out with over 1.2mill. And that's what was happening a month or two ago. Huzzah for inflation.

TL:DR don't have a shit fit, its normal. Prices rise, its called inflation.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 02:12:35 pm »
Selling loom for 800K! It sings, cleans and he can satisfy volunteer's egoistic needs!
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat