Author Topic: Can somebody pls stop this madness?  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Mosquito

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Can somebody pls stop this madness?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:29 pm »
Is problem here that ppl are allowed to swap and change their banner each game? stop that and it would eliminate most of these whines? a banner is for life, not just christmas ie it should be same lvl as a name change for adding a clan tag not just a whim.

Why would a MERC or Byzantium clan member ever WANT to change their banner its goddam unpatriotic! (or something) and really should get you kicked out of any selfrespecting clan i would think? what sort of message are you sending out to the community if you would happily drop your colours just to gain a multiplier?

note:MERC & Byzantium just an example of 2 pre-eminent clans on server (EU1) that i play on most, i'm not suggesting that their members do switch banners(also i can almost spell their names)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:11 pm »
Simply create something on the character page that looks like the faction box in Strategus:

- Everyone can create a new faction
- Below this you have the option to join an existing faction. You can choose from a dropdown-list and then click an "apply"-button
- Every faction leader has some basic options for faction maintenance, basically a list with all members and a few buttons next to them, e.g. "accept"/"decline" (for applications), "promote/demote" (for members, to promote them to officers to allo be allowed to accept applications) or "promote to faction leader"/"kick" for some definite decisions  :mrgreen:

- banner balance gets reworked. Every server has five free "slots" (I don't mean real slots increasing server population) per team for clan players. So if two groups of clan players between 2 and 5 players join, each of them will be balanced into one team. As soon as the five slots are exceeded, another pair of five slots opens, and the players get distributed another way, but always trying to place same clans into the same team. But the difference between the teams will never be more than five clan players.

Examples:

(Left column are the clan player slots for team blue, right one is for team red)

A|B
A|B
A|-
A|-
A|-

or

A|B
A|B
A|C
A|C
A|C
----
A|C
A|C
 -|C
 -|-
 -|-

or

A|A
A|A
A|A
A|-
A|-

This way noone can just "leech" on a foreign clan, but simultaneously the need to do so will be lowered, too.

But unless the autobalance itself doesn't get reworked, especially with taking into concern the different classes in the teams, I am strictly against removing banner balance. It would only mean you are stuck forever fighting that absolutely dominating team, unless enough of them disconnect.

Oh and by the way, please add a counter to the character page which counts how many rounds you have won or lost. I am highly interested in the values you get for clanless players and for clan members.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 10:17:20 pm »
We need something like battle groups which you can enter if you enter you password!

So, on EU1 and EU2 create battle group under name: Bandits, HRE, Fallen, Massasin etc etc... which you can only enter if you have password and you can't have password if you're not clan member and if boss don't give it to you...

And then balance that groups with rest of randomers...

Removing banner balance would just make things even worse, cause I'm here to play with my clan mates and 95% I'm not balanced or some of my mates... So dear devs, you made game playable again when you removed ladders, time to fix this crap of balance...

What if I'd give my password to Druzhina and Druzhina enters with us?  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 12:36:41 am »
banner balance is a failed experiment that lead to massive pwnage of pubbies  and it will stay that way because people love the multi as opposite of fighting their clan mates

( i know its so hard fighting good fighters right )

Offline McCart

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 09:43:38 pm »
Teutonics, Strangers, Druzhina and GO under one banner on siege. Not that i don't like challenges but this is just fucking retarded. 23 of 35 of them on one team right now.

HRE and greys under the same banner on EU_2 siege..

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:15 pm »
( i know its so hard fighting good fighters right )

Fallen don't have any good fighters, so we prefer the challenge of all the good players stacked on the other team.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »
Okay, i wanted to make a new thread, but thx for bumping this one, McCart =)
I'll just post some screens without any comments:

(click to show/hide)

Oh, before anyone starts it: Ban-Request for Leeching was already made, don't mind with that part of the picture =)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:23:08 pm by Fips »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »
Edit: nvm, just saw how old this thread is.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 05:45:37 pm »
Srsly? 95% of one team using the same banner and noone cares?

And yesterday night it was the same with HRE and a huge pile of randomers using our banner. Well, it was fun, but nevertheless i would love to see that changed.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »
Srsly? 95% of one team using the same banner and noone cares?

And yesterday night it was the same with HRE and a huge pile of randomers using our banner. Well, it was fun, but nevertheless i would love to see that changed.

I am also not a fan of banner balance, but aren't the screens actually showing what you want to achieve? If everyone has the same banner, banner balance doesn't work any more  :P

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 10:13:26 pm »
There is no solution to this problem, banner balance can't be removed, it would destroy the clans
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »
There is no solution to this problem, banner balance can't be removed, it would destroy the clans

Tag-Balance?
Signing up for your clan on the site? (Should be semi-permanent and costs much money to change)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:47 pm »
Actually I don't have problems with clan players playing together. I have a problem with poor team balance, not trying to put the same amount of clan squads in both teams, next to other flaws like ignoring classes while balancing and so on...  :?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »
Banner balance should get smarter and we need some pin based balance so you can't banner whore anymore. I think it would be cool that if there are 15 Byzantiums on EU_1, that the banner balance is smart enough to just make 50 vs 70 teams or something. Would be awesome.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 11:32:17 pm »
Banner balance should get smarter and we need some pin based balance so you can't banner whore anymore. I think it would be cool that if there are 15 Byzantiums on EU_1, that the banner balance is smart enough to just make 50 vs 70 teams or something. Would be awesome.

No problem with that. +1