Author Topic: Can somebody pls stop this madness?  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Can somebody pls stop this madness?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 09:12:51 am »
+2
Teutonics, Strangers, Druzhina and GO under one banner on siege. Not that i don't like challenges but this is just fucking retarded. 23 of 35 of them on one team right now.

I don't see the reason why they shouldn't play like that. IN FACT you guys sometimes take up our banner. You have no right to complain.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 09:23:33 am »
+3
Remove banner balance on public and see servers empty faster than these nay-sayers in bed.

(click to show/hide)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 09:59:20 am »
+2
We dont need bnner balance, We need CLAN TAG BALANCE ! 8-)
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 10:05:27 am »
Whatever will be new in siege system, there always be someone who complain...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 01:20:40 pm »
I don't see the reason why they shouldn't play like that. IN FACT you guys sometimes take up our banner. You have no right to complain.

That is like once a month, so shush Vibe :O

Oh, and Kalp, in the last discussion about siege you were the guys complaining, because everybody uses ur banner.  :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:23:09 pm by Fips »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »

We also did use Fallens banner and fallen also did use our banner on occasion (training etc.)
We raped the server and everybody was totally happy. Sorry Fips. This is nothing we haven´t also done from time to time.

Still i would love to see clan-balance instead of banner-balance. ;) (but i would miss mccart being on my team *g*)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »
I'm for removing banner balance entirely on the official servers. The official servers should be based on character stats/classes for balance. Leave banner balance to Community or otherwise "independent" servers. I'm all for playing with my bros, but I also like fighting against them; mostly I'd just like balance to take into consideration those who are clanless or otherwise don't care about what their banner is.

This is one way to fuck over clans big time and I'd not come back to ever play cRPG ever anymore.

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 03:06:04 pm »
Byzantium does this too. Theres like 10 Byzantiums + 20 randomers with the Byzantium banner on EU_1 on most nights. Stop this madness!

Banner balance needs to be altered, or replaced with a new system.

Solution: Find a way to lock banners to Tags, or someway for clan leaders to reward members with the priviledge to use the banner, ei: no randoms.

I can only talk as someone who has played this game 1+ year unclanned, sometimes clans dominate so much, it gets to the point where you have to make the choice between using a banner or never seeing a multiplier.

There needs to be a change imo, As the game stands there are less and less unclanned players about, i think the feeling of being raped by clans (can't beat them join them) is contributing to less and less "Casual" members, it's more and more uneven now than it ever has been.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:12:13 pm by Bongo Fury »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 07:36:40 pm »
+2
Clans need a way to protect their autobalance. Should be either pin balance (but hopefully not as pin info will always spread around.) or better, a way for clans to be recognized by the autobalancer. (Controlled by website options)

Could work like this:

"Offical" clans - gets priority 1 (Members need to be invited by clan creators through website)
"Pin balance" - gets priority 2 (Overrides official clans IF typed in)
"Banner Balance" - gets priority 3

The autobalancer would thus know better who to put in a team. Clans would be pretty sure to come in the same team, spontaneus "pin teams" could appear, and friends who occasionally play together could choose normal banner balance. Pin could override official clan IF they are typed in, just in case you don't want to play with your clanmates for some reason.

Apart from the obvious advantages for clanmates, and less powerful banner abuse, pin balance could be so that a leader or a team decides to agree on a pin and so will more likely play together for the evening.

This could create more consistent teams and create new levels of spontaneus teamplay through an evening.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:40:23 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 10:47:36 am »
Oh, and Kalp, in the last discussion about siege you were the guys complaining, because everybody uses ur banner.  :P

This is true. We are not happy, when randomers use our banner, especially when this divide our members to two teams.

But I don't play cRPG for a month or something around like this, since two last major patches. I don't know how it works now, but if you call it madness, I'm sure they call it innovation  :wink:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 11:50:55 am »
We need something like battle groups which you can enter if you enter you password!

So, on EU1 and EU2 create battle group under name: Bandits, HRE, Fallen, Massasin etc etc... which you can only enter if you have password and you can't have password if you're not clan member and if boss don't give it to you...

And then balance that groups with rest of randomers...

Removing banner balance would just make things even worse, cause I'm here to play with my clan mates and 95% I'm not balanced or some of my mates... So dear devs, you made game playable again when you removed ladders, time to fix this crap of balance...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 11:56:07 am »
Hey here is solution for evryone!!!!

we need clan system ingame,  somthing like in strat where leaders akcept you to the clan(they can kick you level up in ranks ect)

point in that then last time we have lot abuze about the baner system, using clan tags by kicked members ect.

soo???

make balance based on new system where clan members are geting balance to one team based on clan tag wich you only gain by geting akcep to the clan.

what with randomers or alts who still want play with clan ingame??

solutionis easy to:

alts can be akcepted automaticly to the clan but they have to use tag and obey clan rules.

randomers can use clan baner but balance will not put them in one time or will make that but always after clan tag balance.

That tings can protect us from the masive multi clan siege ataks and other problems what we have atm.

edit:
sorry for not reading all other posts but i fought about that idea from long time

edit2:
thomek have really nice idea to :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:57:57 am by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Bongo Fury

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »
+1
We need something like battle groups which you can enter if you enter you password!

So, on EU1 and EU2 create battle group under name: Bandits, HRE, Fallen, Massasin etc etc... which you can only enter if you have password and you can't have password if you're not clan member and if boss don't give it to you...

And then balance that groups with rest of randomers...

Removing banner balance would just make things even worse, cause I'm here to play with my clan mates and 95% I'm not balanced or some of my mates... So dear devs, you made game playable again when you removed ladders, time to fix this crap of balance...

Clans need to be balanced against clans, NOT clans vs randoms. Big clans also shouldn't be able to share the same battlegroup, otherwise you'll end up in the same position as now.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:24:39 pm by Bongo Fury »

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 12:24:41 pm »
Just make it so that if one team is dominating a lot (no matter if it's because of banner balance or whatever....) balance would automatically move most of other players in other team. Like... if 30 focused pro players are in one team dominating game, it would put all rest in other team till balance is found.

Quality vs Quantity.

And that would be really fun for those under same banner as well. Fighting against odds.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 01:16:33 pm »
and tears what i know about the HRE is
1. They got their asses kicked in strat by hospitaller, occitan, and us (and templar? i forgot if they took part in it)
2. i consistantly kill them(in NA but o well yes i know they are EU and have bad ping)
3. If anyone complains about being killed or somethings unfair.... my reply is-Get Better

I remember you from my few months in NA and unless you got a lot better, you suck. Get Better.