Author Topic: Can somebody pls stop this madness?  (Read 6334 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Can somebody pls stop this madness?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »
heres an idea... get better... I bet one saulcanner or kaoklai or someone like that could take the whole HRE team on...btw randomers have the right to use any banner they want
Fact remain if there are 60 people its going to be close to a 30v30 and thats fair teams... if your losing then get better

U must be new to siege.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 10:23:41 pm »
heres an idea... get better... I bet one saulcanner or kaoklai or someone like that could take the whole HRE team on...btw randomers have the right to use any banner they want
Fact remain if there are 60 people its going to be close to a 30v30 and thats fair teams... if your losing then get better

Bold words for someone unfamiliar with the HRE.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Have_At_Thee

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 10:33:42 pm »
+2
I believe there is a server without banner balance now, eu5?  You could just go there.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »
pin balance..

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:10 pm »
This post is so full of shit, thanks for the brilliant advice.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »
If you really want to play siege without a big blob on the other side, you can still negate their banner stacking by having all HRE members switch banners to that of DRZ, GO etc.

Pushed to the extreme, this leads to the whole server using one banner, thus acting like if there was no banner balance.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »
Long story short: There isn't really any autobalance.

One way people circumvent it is to just NOT SPAWN if they get on the team that they don't want to be on, so the teams might be perfectly balanced, if they would spawn without being on their clan's team.

Happens all the freaking time.  Good solution to that, though, might be to not reward players who could have, but didn't, spawn in.  Maybe even  an auto-kick or temporary ban for repeat offenders.

Admins sometimes take care of it but not usually.

Unfortunately I think the only solution to this would take more effort than it's worth, though the autobalance for c-RPG is way worse than native, where it seems there's extensive balancing done every round.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 04:18:16 am »
+1
U must be new to siege.
nah not new at all.. in fact ive gone 2 gens never playing battle and just siege  ive seen saul or racecar take out like 10 guys so again...get better(but then again ur HRE......)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:19:24 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 04:20:45 am »
Bold words for someone unfamiliar with the HRE.
and tears what i know about the HRE is
1. They got their asses kicked in strat by hospitaller, occitan, and us (and templar? i forgot if they took part in it)
2. i consistantly kill them(in NA but o well yes i know they are EU and have bad ping)
3. If anyone complains about being killed or somethings unfair.... my reply is-Get Better
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:22:08 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 06:11:20 am »
and tears what i know about the HRE is
1. They got their asses kicked in strat by hospitaller, occitan, and us (and templar? i forgot if they took part in it)
2. i consistantly kill them(in NA but o well yes i know they are EU and have bad ping)
3. If anyone complains about being killed or somethings unfair.... my reply is-Get Better

pretty shite reply, just because a clan lost on strat doesnt mean they will in a normal battle server. Maybe they didnt have the weapons and armor their best with, maybe they didnt have most of their members on who knows point is strat is totally different from normal servers. And what kind of advice is "Get better" thats like saying to a person whos autistic to focus on the convosation...its just not going to happen, People "get better" by training and working for it not just "spawn....stab stab stab...die....spawn...die...spawn.....slash slash slash...KILL...die..." no I dont know how you learned to play and "got better" but I had to train and had to have someone teach me how to play....back on to the main subject as you said if you have faced HRE on an NA server ping makes a pretty big different on your performance and has a big impact on gameplay...why don't you try joining EU_2 or 5 and see how well you do with shite ping... and the comment but then again ur HRE...... what the fuck is that supposed to mean? if its relating to the fact their german you should just stop posting and if its not how can you judge a clan from a few strat battles??
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:13:02 am by Hunter_the_Honourable »
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 06:34:49 am »
+5
I still stick my suggestion of banners being tied to strategus factions. Why would you need a banner if you're not in a clan anyway.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:04:10 am by Siiem »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 06:54:04 am »
+1 for removing banner balance all together. Its a complete waste of time and effort.

What we need is a dedicated NA & EU server that uses the battle group system. Have clans set up regular battle group battles and then duke it out. LLJK+CHAOS vs ATS+HATE, stuff like that.

The "public/comunity" servers are no place for clan toting ballony. The "leechers" aren't at fault either it stupid system that gives clans server priority over everyone else. If your on and getting your arse whooped because 1 team has 18 people on TS working together vs your rable you can't blame the person who say "fuck this" and changes their banner.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 07:32:39 am »
+2
+1 for removing banner balance all together. Its a complete waste of time and effort.

What we need is a dedicated NA & EU server that uses the battle group system. Have clans set up regular battle group battles and then duke it out. LLJK+CHAOS vs ATS+HATE, stuff like that.

The "public/comunity" servers are no place for clan toting ballony. The "leechers" aren't at fault either it stupid system that gives clans server priority over everyone else. If your on and getting your arse whooped because 1 team has 18 people on TS working together vs your rable you can't blame the person who say "fuck this" and changes their banner.

I disagree with removal of banner balance. It's really fun to group up with some clan mates while playing, and without banner balance that becomes exceedingly difficult. What we need is a limit on how many people can have the same banner and still be on the same team.

For example, let's say the server currently has 100 people on it. Of those, only let's say 20 can have the same banner and still be teamed up together, assuming fewer than 41 people throw on the banner. Once more than 20 have the same banner, it splits them between the 2 teams. The more people that throw on that banner, the more they get split. (These numbers are of course just off the top of my head, and would need revision) Therefore, small clans and just groups of friends who want to group up and play together can still do so very easily, but you can't have a massive horde of people all grouped up with the same banner slaughtering randomers.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:34:22 am by Zerran »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 08:18:52 am »
I think this is in the works already, stating on the crpg website your clan affliation or a group code so that grouping up with friends dosen't rely on banner balance anymore. Would be preferable to limiting banners, and stops unaffliated players from jumping on the bandwagon.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 08:24:16 am »
I'm for removing banner balance entirely on the official servers. The official servers should be based on character stats/classes for balance. Leave banner balance to Community or otherwise "independent" servers. I'm all for playing with my bros, but I also like fighting against them; mostly I'd just like balance to take into consideration those who are clanless or otherwise don't care about what their banner is.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:25:53 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.