Author Topic: Lolstab range  (Read 12898 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Lolstab range
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2011, 11:04:00 pm »
Yes if you say so, I havnt really seen you make much sense as you say your using the collision dection routine to work out the distance on weapons, when that only shows the clients hitbox's. The string I posted was from the ACTION.TXT which I used as a template with the Viarables folder to decode the end of each string to find out where the animation ends which shows you the distance.

It depends on the actual filesystem layout of your Viarables folder. If the IO is memory mapped, you could get clear values indicating start and end frame of animation, thus making range calculation trivial. However, in the case of shared memory, it's much more difficult to decode the IPO keys. This leads to fuzzy and inaccurate values; to get the proper ones you should run them through a Mersenne Twister pseudo-random number generator and RSA-decode them with at least 256 bits key length.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Freestyler
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »
It depends on the actual filesystem layout of your Viarables folder. If the IO is memory mapped, you could get clear values indicating start and end frame of animation, thus making range calculation trivial. However, in the case of shared memory, it's much more difficult to decode the IPO keys. This leads to fuzzy and inaccurate values; to get the proper ones you should run them through a Mersenne Twister pseudo-random number generator and RSA-decode them with at least 256 bits key length.
umm ok? i see what your saynig but why does that have relevance?

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2011, 11:12:24 pm »
umm ok? i see what your saynig but why does that have relevance?

It doesn't? Obviously, the output is taken from an auto-flushing output file stream, and you can't demangle the quad-words just like that. Add to that that the animations are used in conjunction with strategic entities, and decoding the actual range becomes much more challenging (or impossible, if you don't know the linkage convention used by the compiler).
Is that how you decoded it?

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2011, 11:16:24 pm »
Someone pass the damn popcorn.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2011, 11:19:07 pm »
It doesn't? Obviously, the output is taken from an auto-flushing output file stream, and you can't demangle the quad-words just like that. Add to that that the animations are used in conjunction with strategic entities, and decoding the actual range becomes much more challenging (or impossible, if you don't know the linkage convention used by the compiler).
Is that how you decoded it?
thats in no way how i decoded it as it would liek you said be impossible.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2011, 11:20:05 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »
thats in no way how i decoded it as it would liek you said be impossible.

So, how exactly did you do it? Did you just use a template file and a hex editor to derive the normalized representation of the data structures? That would work as well, but only a very experienced reverse engineer with good knowledge of Visual Basic could pull that off.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2011, 11:24:58 pm »
So, how exactly did you do it? Did you just use a template file and a hex editor to derive the normalized representation of the data structures? That would work as well, but only a very experienced reverse engineer with good knowledge of Visual Basic could pull that off.
Like i said before 3 times i think.. I done it in HEX with a template file im sure i can quote my posts.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:32 pm »
Like i said before 3 times i think.. I done it in HEX.

Ok, I got that. But which method of integral derivation did you use? Did you apply a Fourier Transform and then decoded the stream through an RSR232 port at TTL level? Or did you go for a simpler but far more effective matrix inversion coupled with a simulated capsule bounding body collision (in a B-Tree domain, obviously)?
Forgive my curiosity, but what you achieved is very impressive and I would like to know more about it.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2011, 11:46:12 pm »
Ok, I got that. But which method of integral derivation did you use? Did you apply a Fourier Transform and then decoded the stream through an RSR232 port at TTL level? Or did you go for a simpler but far more effective matrix inversion coupled with a simulated capsule bounding body collision (in a B-Tree domain, obviously)?
Forgive my curiosity, but what you achieved is very impressive and I would like to know more about it.
sowe i cant be arsed anymore lol i wanna go play.. but i did use matrix linear algebra in combination with simulated capsule rigid bdy collision.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2011, 11:49:58 pm »
Damn /it/, just when this was getting so interesting.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2011, 11:50:21 pm »
sowe i cant be arsed anymore lol i wanna go play.. but i did use matrix linear algebra in combination with simulated capsule rigid bdy collision.

;d
See, I knew you weren't able to hex edit!

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2011, 11:53:13 pm »
;d
See, I knew you weren't able to hex edit!
sorry but i never implyed that or did i? im sure i anserwed your question breif.. as you are talking about bounding body collision is completly wrong as its based on a rigid collision LIKE i said im going to play. bye

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2011, 11:59:54 pm »
sorry but i never implyed that or did i? im sure i anserwed your question breif.. as you are talking about bounding body collision is completly wrong as its based on a rigid collision LIKE i said im going to play. bye

Making up excuses doesn't work with me, I can see right through it!

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2011, 12:00:51 am »
Can we get someone to do a dramatic reading of this thread?