Author Topic: Why Un-nerf!?  (Read 5563 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Why Un-nerf!?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2012, 06:13:29 pm »
As to the topic:

They unnerfed ranged so I can become a shotgun character.

Lock the topic.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »
+1
Nice idea to go for STR builds and more armor. The only problem is that this will make it even easier for archers to run away and shoot you...

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2012, 06:41:40 pm »
I think archery damage was actually close to perfect before the un-nerf. Sure at first it seemed like a super nerf but the GOOD archers still did well. Isn't that what the goal was? To make archery more skill dependent in order to make it harder and not so easy? The currently increased damage isn't really a problem for melee if the archers aren't very skilled but for skilled archers (of which there are many) melee really have very little chance. I have an archer alt and I don't really enjoy taking down helpless foes with such ease. Wearing armor should mean something. I don't know what the new damage values are but if the old one was 67% damage for body hits I would say try 77% and try that for a while because whatever it is now, I think it's too high in my experience. You shouldn't be able to take out heavy armored guys with horn,tartar and nomad bows on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:43:32 pm by Lichen »

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »
You're right Lichen, let's give heavy armors a God mode.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 06:49:35 pm »
You're right Lichen, let's give heavy armors a God mode.
Rus and long bow remember? Those 2 should be the ones to use against heavy armor.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 07:03:15 pm »
Rus and long bow remember? Those 2 should be the ones to use against heavy armor.

I think it's a good idea, but there will be still one problem: where will be a border between heavy and no heavy armor?
If it willbe from Plate Armor up i'm for it. It would be nice to see many plated guys fighting each other :)

The only solution for 5PD bow users to kill a plated guy will be a headshot or two, because putting a half quiver of arrows in body to kill him won't be nice :)
Archer forever :D

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 07:03:20 pm »
Can devs make it so that 50% of thrown cant be picked back up again? Like just say its stuck too deep into something that it cant be easily taken back out due to said throwers amazing power throw???
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 07:13:39 pm »
Nice idea to go for STR builds and more armor. The only problem is that this will make it even easier for archers to run away and shoot you...

And this right here is the big problem. You can choose light armor and agi so you can actually chase the ranged, but then they just 1-2 shot you. Alternatively you an go heavy armor strength and survive 4 or so shots, but then you have literally no way to fight back against a kiting archer. Cav are the only ones that can really effectively take out archers, but thanks to shotgunning this can be difficult even for them, so they tend to just go after unaware melee instead.

Archer damage isn't the real problem imo, it's the fact that they still can't be reached if they just run. Make having a bow drastically reduce movement speed and make ranged deal less damage under a certain range.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »
And this right here is the big problem. You can choose light armor and agi so you can actually chase the ranged, but then they just 1-2 shot you. Alternatively you an go heavy armor strength and survive 4 or so shots, but then you have literally no way to fight back against a kiting archer. Cav are the only ones that can really effectively take out archers, but thanks to shotgunning this can be difficult even for them, so they tend to just go after unaware melee instead.

Archer damage isn't the real problem imo, it's the fact that they still can't be reached if they just run. Make having a bow drastically reduce movement speed and make ranged deal less damage under a certain range.

Ranged tend to be difficult to kill as cav because good ones usually never stand in easily reachable positions for enemy cav, and if they see the cav first, ranged can still dodge anything the cav tries fairly easily, delaying the fight and putting quite a few arrows in the horse while support is coming. The only relatively effective tactic against well placed (defended) ranged is hit (or miss) & run, but that kills the horse quite fast.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »
+1

Archer damage isn't the real problem imo, it's the fact that they still can't be reached if they just run.

You should remember that running is a standard defence for archers against melee. That's normal that archers run, if you want to catch archer - become a high athletic guy and move smart on battleground to get archers from back. You can also take a shield and don't let archers to shoot your temmates by defending them or going after archers and disturb them to shoot. You won't make kills but your team can win a round and give you a multi. Archers were, are, and will be annoying until they are able to shoot.
Archer forever :D

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »
+1

QFT. Archer damage was never a problem, but the fact that they can just scurry away from harm any time they want is maddening to melee players. Archers should require melee protecting them in order to be effective, which is how it worked historically.

I say let archers do plenty of damage, but reduce movement speed by 50% within 10 seconds of firing a bow.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »
remmove arrows, make bows thrust atack onlly with 7 blunt damange and peps will still whining,

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »
Well, limb shots do less damage now, so it wasn't a complete un-nerf.

Also, GOOD archers will do well no matter what.  Average archers should be able to play averagely.  The last nerf didn't allow this.  Average archers were doing terrible.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:52 pm »
shields don't take slots? wtf
when did this happen

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 07:53:02 pm »
+2
archers tell you to take cheap shields that make you slower and won´t protect you at all.
As 2hander those shield you can take are bullshit and if you take them you cant get archers anymore :)