Author Topic: Why Un-nerf!?  (Read 5552 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Why Un-nerf!?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »
+1
QFT. Archer damage was never a problem, but the fact that they can just scurry away from harm any time they want is maddening to melee players. Archers should require melee protecting them in order to be effective, which is how it worked historically.

I say let archers do plenty of damage, but reduce movement speed by 50% within 10 seconds of firing a bow.

The archers that are 2-3 shotting people consistently (and I question 'consistently 2 shotting') are not the ones that can run away.  The ones that can run away will probably average 4-6 (dunno with new patch) shots to kill medium (50-60 hp) infantry.

You already have the damaging slow archers and the fast guys who hurt less; it's hard to have the best of both worlds unless you have an archer with looms who is leveling past 30. 

Hard hitting dedicated archer:

(click to show/hide)

Dedicated "running" archer
(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 08:29:41 pm »
remmove arrows, make bows thrust atack onlly with 7 blunt damange and peps will still whining,

What happened to Templars? All of a sudden you guys have almost the same amount of ranged players as Fallen Brigade. Not just that, you lobby for ranged buffs harder than Fallen archers.

If I recall right, Templar clan didn't allow archers in their ranks before. Now every second dude with Templar tag has ranged weapon in his hands...

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 09:04:42 pm »
Templars always had a lack of ranged guys.
And those opinons on forums are not opinion of whole clan, but only some persons. All what I and RebelYell write here is not for buffing, but to show ppl that ranged guys should have a equal chances to fight like other classes. Some are better against others, and there won't be a total balance, it's just impossible.

Leshma if u will read all my posts you should notice that i'm not whining, but trying to find solution of problem. I also gave some tips for other players too, and try to show other players that a life of range guy is not so easy as they think and i know other players  agree with me.

Anyway that what i'm writing on this forum is MY opinion, not Templars.

I'm playing an archer from begining, i'm gen 4 now and i'll probably never change class because i just love to play with an archer. :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:06:25 pm by Templar_Steevee »
Archer forever :D

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 10:09:56 pm »
What happened to Templars? All of a sudden you guys have almost the same amount of ranged players as Fallen Brigade. Not just that, you lobby for ranged buffs harder than Fallen archers.

If I recall right, Templar clan didn't allow archers in their ranks before. Now every second dude with Templar tag has ranged weapon in his hands...

Most of them are alts or 1 gen trip.

btw
awesome awatar
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:11:02 pm by Rebelyell »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »
+1
The archers that are 2-3 shotting people consistently (and I question 'consistently 2 shotting') are not the ones that can run away.  The ones that can run away will probably average 4-6 (dunno with new patch) shots to kill medium (50-60 hp) infantry.

You already have the damaging slow archers and the fast guys who hurt less; it's hard to have the best of both worlds unless you have an archer with looms who is leveling past 30. 

Because archers generally wear such light gear, an archer with 15 agi/5 ath can still run away from most melee. "Relative Run Speed" is roughly equal to Athletics+Agi/6-weight/7. So a 24/15 archer spec has a "Relative Run Speed" of 5.5, whereas your typical 21/15 shielder in medium armor has a "Relative Run Speed" of about 4.5.

Should a melee guy have to have 7+ athletics and/or wear cloth just to keep up with a heavy archer in a footrace?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:48:53 pm by Phew »

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:09 pm »
so what do  you want another nerf???

if you are here just to make rumor

gfys
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2012, 10:57:09 pm »

Archery was never forbidden ( the Pope Asdimanus the first was in fact an archer). We had archers in the past had them now. Sorry for an offtop just a short history review.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »
What happened to Templars? All of a sudden you guys have almost the same amount of ranged players as Fallen Brigade.

Fallen have substantially less range then we used to. Our reputation has outlived us.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2012, 11:36:55 pm »
Because archers generally wear such light gear, an archer with 15 agi/5 ath can still run away from most melee. "Relative Run Speed" is roughly equal to Athletics+Agi/6-weight/7. So a 24/15 archer spec has a "Relative Run Speed" of 5.5, whereas your typical 21/15 shielder in medium armor has a "Relative Run Speed" of about 4.5.

Should a melee guy have to have 7+ athletics and/or wear cloth just to keep up with a heavy archer in a footrace?

Well, if melee could always catch archers that would be a problem.  Archers SHOULD usually be faster, otherwise archers will just get run over if a melee horde comes through. 

But the dedicated heavy hitting 24/18 build I provided has 3 athletics... I'm pretty sure most melee can catch that even in medium-heavy armor. 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:58 am »
Slightly off topic, but I think 1h really needs a buff. I think that 1h, due to their low damage, low weight (weapon stun), low reach (prone to kicks), and stats to be put in shield make them the weakest melee class. 2h and pole have every advantage over a 1h, not limited to huge axe breakers, hiltslash, or stab exploiting (and god do I hate when 1h stab bounces).

Their shield weight should be decreased so that they aren't slow turtles anymore and so they can catch archers. I personally think a hoplite is much better at catching archers, as polestagger along with greater reach stops archers in their tracks, not to mention that the hoplite can also use polearms like the longspear.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:39:34 am by PieParadox »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:09 am »
The only thing I really agree with is the 1h stab as I've countlessly glanced off people moving away from me, even doing the silly "swing-stab" motion. Other then that I see the class as more of a wedge/formation breaker then anything else and they're effective enough against other classes 1v1.

Being as they're smaller weapons I would expect them to weigh and do less damage overall at the expense of blocking multiple attacks and ranged weapons. You can avoid kicks by starting to strafe either the left or right as you get too close.
And how!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 10:51:58 am »
+1
I am using materwork arbalest and shoot 1 masterwork steel bolt into a peasant archer, and he surrvive lol

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 03:29:47 pm »
maybe you just hit his arm or leg...
Archer forever :D

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 03:33:31 pm »
I am using materwork arbalest and shoot 1 masterwork steel bolt into a peasant archer, and he surrvive lol
u reached gen 7 in 3 month?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »
+1

bagge 2-3 shoots me consistenly me and runs like the wind with his 18/24 build. 54 body armour, 21 strength, 5 ironflesh. I seriously don't think that those builds should 2-shoot medium to heavy infantry. 9 PD and 10 PD build should be the only ones capable of it since their movement is somewhat limited, but alas, it ain't like that. 6 PD builds should hit hard but not as hard as now, but should have great kiting abilities like they do have now. You easily get both the damage and movement nowadays which is a bit bad.

Slightly off topic, but I think 1h really needs a buff. I think that 1h, due to their low damage, low weight (weapon stun), low reach (prone to kicks), and stats to be put in shield make them the weakest melee class. 2h and pole have every advantage over a 1h, not limited to huge axe breakers, hiltslash, or stab exploiting (and god do I hate when 1h stab bounces).

Great animations where all directions are very good and serves it's own role. Best knockdown weapons by far too, best protection and very viable hybrided with throwing. I think 1Hs is the best infantry class myself.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.