Author Topic: Why Un-nerf!?  (Read 5589 times)

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
Re: Why Un-nerf!?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 11:15:17 am »
Yes, nerf ranged again so I can go lancer again... maybe this time heavy cav!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 11:17:14 am »
+3
only one day after patch and melee players start to cry and say about op and nerfs, silly kids...
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31:44 am »
Is is still less than before.
The body damage is not back to prenerf / native values.

No one said this is the final tweak on it but as before you will have to deal with it for a while.
It's not like the cav spam was any better.

yes it was
FREE ALLERS

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1419
  • Infamy: 1620
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 11:38:11 am »
+1
Devs, you forgot to nerf 2H.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:31 pm »
+1
1 bolt just took 80% of my hp. I have 18 str 2 if and 57 body armor. Cool. Really fun.

So, you have 57 hit points (35 is the base, you can figure out the rest), with 57 armor. Sounds like you took an Arbalest shot to the chest. Yeah, they're hitting me for about that much too (50 hit points, 68 body armor), and I'm glad they're something to fear again. I'm pretty good at dodging. You better learn, too. You're armor doesn't offer much against 100 pierce.

I (barely) survived 2 PT10 javelins and a bolt today. I know one of the javs hit my arm, and the bolt must have hit my leg. On another life I survived a full speed lance to my side, which must have hit my arm. I had between 10% and 5% of my health left. I would say the patch is working as intended.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »
DO WHILE $GAME="CRPG"
1. AARGH! ARCHERS! THEY HAVE RUINED THE GAME! NERF THEM!
2. AARGH! CAVALRY BUTTLANCING! THEY HAVE RUINED THE GAME! NERF THEM!
END
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 12:36:19 pm »
So, you have 57 hit points (35 is the base, you can figure out the rest), with 57 armor. Sounds like you took an Arbalest shot to the chest. Yeah, they're hitting me for about that much too (50 hit points, 68 body armor), and I'm glad they're something to fear again. I'm pretty good at dodging. You better learn, too. You're armor doesn't offer much against 100 pierce.

I (barely) survived 2 PT10 javelins and a bolt today. I know one of the javs hit my arm, and the bolt must have hit my leg. On another life I survived a full speed lance to my side, which must have hit my arm. I had between 10% and 5% of my health left. I would say the patch is working as intended.

Indeed, if you have 57 hp and 57 armor, if the bolt damage is 95. then 56 - 38 = 18, which means you will have 18 hp left so it seems fair to be honest :D

Offline TheNeX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 01:02:58 pm »
+4
I honestly dont understand much of the complaining about archery.

I might still be gen1, and by all means a noob, but as an archer, it takes me from 6 to 12 shots to take down the average player. This with bodkin + horn. When i cant afford bodkin (which for some reason break down EVERY SINGLE ******* TIME IM KILLED) and i use barbed or even worse, normal arrows, i just go for the headshot.

This, on foot, on horse the damage SEEMS a little better, but the random aim balance that out, at least i can annoy the shit out of everyone. This when my palfrey is not slower than a loomed cataphract  :rolleyes:

Yesterday, out of frustration, i took my short spear, my palfrey and went lancer for a couple of maps. I did twice the kills i do normally, while hitting far less. This with an archer build, 0 ps 0 wp.
Guess who i looked for easy kills ? Yay, archers, basically all that i killed was using a bow  :lol:

My point is : killing as an archer, is really tough : shielders you cant kill if they are not dumb, 2handers will probably catch you before you take them down, unless you luck out with an hs, cavarly with cataphract or heavy horse wont go down. You are basically farming kills on peasant / ranged / shooting in the back. The only situation we are any good at, its with position and numbers.

ofc, looms and higher lvl (im 30) change the balance a little, but even the VERY good archers i saw on the servers (robin_hood for one) i dont see laying distruction and death around em, like say, a good glaive user or a good lancer.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »
+2
Ranged is buffed compared to V.261, but it is still nerfed compared to V.260, or so I hear.  The last version was too great a nerf for all ranged and completely screwed with proper balance of throwing, slow xbows, bows etc.   I haven't gotten around to looking at comparisons  to the last version yet but I'm going to see how many fewer arrows will be needed by my 4 PD STF dewd.  Then maybe I'll make a high PD STF alt to further test.

I took 3 arrows to the body point blank from a longbowmen in duel yesterday... that seems pretty damn reasonable in my 52 body armor 64 hp.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »
I honestly dont understand much of the complaining about archery.

I might still be gen1, and by all means a noob, but as an archer, it takes me from 6 to 12 shots to take down the average player. This with bodkin + horn. When i cant afford bodkin (which for some reason break down EVERY SINGLE ******* TIME IM KILLED) and i use barbed or even worse, normal arrows, i just go for the headshot.

This, on foot, on horse the damage SEEMS a little better, but the random aim balance that out, at least i can annoy the shit out of everyone. This when my palfrey is not slower than a loomed cataphract  :rolleyes:

Yesterday, out of frustration, i took my short spear, my palfrey and went lancer for a couple of maps. I did twice the kills i do normally, while hitting far less. This with an archer build, 0 ps 0 wp.
Guess who i looked for easy kills ? Yay, archers, basically all that i killed was using a bow  :lol:

My point is : killing as an archer, is really tough : shielders you cant kill if they are not dumb, 2handers will probably catch you before you take them down, unless you luck out with an hs, cavarly with cataphract or heavy horse wont go down. You are basically farming kills on peasant / ranged / shooting in the back. The only situation we are any good at, its with position and numbers.

ofc, looms and higher lvl (im 30) change the balance a little, but even the VERY good archers i saw on the servers (robin_hood for one) i dont see laying distruction and death around em, like say, a good glaive user or a good lancer.
It also seems you're a hybrid which takes away from the damage.  Pure archers will always hit harder than hybrid archers.

Ranged is buffed compared to V.261, but it is still nerfed compared to V.260, or so I hear.  The last version was too great a nerf for all ranged and completely screwed with proper balance of throwing, slow xbows, bows etc.   I haven't gotten around to looking at comparisons  to the last version yet but I'm going to see how many fewer arrows will be needed by my 4 PD STF dewd.  Then maybe I'll make a high PD STF alt to further test.

I took 3 arrows to the body point blank from a longbowmen in duel yesterday... that seems pretty damn reasonable in my 52 body armor 64 hp.
I'd be willing to go into duel to test this.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:25:50 pm by Miracle »
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 03:27:35 pm »

Oh yes please do MrShine so that those melee users can stop wining  8-)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 04:05:51 pm »
+1
It also seems you're a hybrid which takes away from the damage.  Pure archers will always hit harder than hybrid archers.
I'd be willing to go into duel to test this.

I'm thinking he's a horse archer.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline TheNeX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 04:15:06 pm »
+1

Yes i am.

When i started, 3 weeks ago, i didnt have a clear idea and i settled for a compromise. I got 6 pd and 154 archery. Still at level 30, i would like to kill a shirt peasant with less than 3-4 hits:/

I mean, i kill a peasant with about 2 strikes from my spear, with no proficiency :/

Quote from: Spawny

I'm thinking he's a horse archer.

Im both. 5 riding/3 HA 6PD 6ath. Bad idea i know, but i know now, i didnt know back then =)

Offline farthammer

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Leon Barksky
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: Farthammer
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 04:46:57 pm »
chadz pls nerf all melee classes fist only pugilism 4 lyf.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50:30 pm »
And we have all over again after little buff of ranged. That's preety sad. :(

I think that many players who are whining about ranged are just agi guys with light armors and low hp, because they don't have IF.

I'm using MW longbow and MW tatar arrows what give me 40 cut dmg. I have also 7 PD and i'm killing medium armoured guys in about 3 shots, and i think it's good compare to time taken to draw my bow.

I can oneshot somebody if he is a real pesant, killing ninjas takes 2 arrows. Tincans can survive 5 shots or more. I think that's a good deal, because I'm almost always dead after one hit from melee or cav.

In my opinion this little buff for range will decrease a little bit amount of cav on maps, because now they have to think to keep their horse alive to the end of round.
Now they just can't make a open charge a group of rangers on light horses and laught that archers almost can't kill their horses.  8-)

Last thing is Shoutgun shots. Whining about that is stupid. Melee want's to dodge a shot from 3-5 meters?????!!!! I'm asking why and how it could be possible??? To dodge any missle from close range u shoud move like Neo form Matrix.... We are in C-RPG, not in Matrix.

I have a simple tips for melee if they want to survive longer:
1) learn to dodge (it's not so hard at all)
2) take a shield (arena shields with no shiels skill can save u from few arrows or bolts)

If u want to survive more shots:
1) Invest some points to IF
2) Get better armor

Happy whining :)
Archer forever :D