Author Topic: Version 0.270  (Read 55047 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.270
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:35 pm »
Of course they are onesided, but you can't expect the horse archer to roll over and die or start figthing in melee (because... he is a horse archer).

Finally, a reasonable point of view.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:17 pm »
+1
That would only delay the inevitable.
I hate delays.
Buff all weapons by 50%.

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2012, 03:08:00 am »
Only thing that really needs to be done about HA is make sure that the flags come up at 1:30 seconds before the end of the round.  I'm not sure if its a map issue or a crpg issue but as long as you can avoid the draw every round with flags theres no need to do anything else.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2012, 04:27:08 am »
Now the problem with Rageball is that once one team has even 1 more player it's one sided as shit!
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2012, 12:48:16 pm »
Not true, a difference of one player doesn't matter much and I've seen the smaller team dominate many times. The deciding factor is the teamwork and skill of the players.
Don't.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2012, 01:53:34 pm »
Indeed.

Positioning is the key.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2012, 05:27:11 pm »
Not true, a difference of one player doesn't matter much and I've seen the smaller team dominate many times. The deciding factor is the teamwork and skill of the players.

However, if that is the same on teams, then yes, 1 player does make the difference. If everyone for example guards a person, there will be 1 person always free. ( If positioned correctly.)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2012, 06:53:27 pm »
yea there isnt any new armour,nerf cav and buff xbow and throwing..rageball is more important :P

That kinda sucks though.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2012, 08:51:41 pm »
+1
Guys.

You have just failed to reintegrate one of the most important classes in crpg.

All existing classes were balanced by nature. There is one easy prey for every class and one absolute nemesis. For inf its archers. For archers its cav, for cav its pikes. And so on. Deal with it. Play with your team and you can win. Simple is that!?

But you just killed some of those "natural" classes (throwing, ranged) and now you're wondering why ppl explain that cav gets op? Or why Archerst think about getting a horse?! 

Balancing before 2.6 was very good. There was no superior class (and with superiour i only mean flying horses or gattling-gun-archers)!

Of cause you get killed by archers every round when charging the enemy just because you think your soooo fuckin good that you can kill any ranged guy just by charging in - swinging your massive iron sword.

And yeah some of those archers really are kind of overpowered... Not because of a superior class but their individual skill.

But still you rage on the server - and you ask for a ranged nerf on the forums after your affected ego has been restored.

Seriously there is no reason that justifies a continuous DRASTIC adjustment of damage, armor and weapon stats.

But thats exactly what you're doing ... and thats the result:

Ranged seems too strong --> nerf ranged --> cav gets stronger, no inevitable threat (arrows) anymore --> nerf cav --> infantry has no opponents anymore, gets stronger --> nerf inf --> no class is dealing any damage anymore (sarcastic) -----> mod dead  (true)

Thats what WE should do:

Ranged seems too strong --> give a fuck if some idiots are ranting --> idiots stop playing or transform into nonidiotic lifeforms --> more teamwork --> more tactics --> new builds --> more threats for ranged (BUT THEY CAN STILL USE THEIR CLASS ! ! ! ... talkin bout throwers...) --> no hating, flaming or raging --> more love --> mod gets pregnant and gives birth to its child called "Fun"

Bottom line is...

I really appreciate your work on that mod. I also love the ppl in that community. At least most of them. And its kind of a shame that some really good player's classes get messed up after really bad players (AND NASTY PEOPLE) complained about their skill - if that even was the reason for the nerf!?!?

Please just give the little "Fun" at least a little chance to grow up. I lost mine with my beloved Built. R.I.P Throwing_DoG_Fin. May the Admins be graceful and make you live again.

love

Fin  :cry:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »
Pikes are not the nemesis of cav. Pikes don't hunt cavalry, and are not the preds. Pike protect against Cav, Range is what hunts them.

Using Pointy Sticks to counter cav never ends well. Range is the counter, Pointy Sticks are the shield.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:07:03 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline bravesquirrel

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -[420]-
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »
+1
The same thing could be said (by melee players) about ranged, but you'd be forgetting that you're not the only one playing the game.

Agree, you're all just selfish bastards.

Who are you all to accuse me of delaying just because it's 1v22?  There's still 4 minutes left?  Great, more time for me to work with.  Yea, I see those flags are up and there's a dozen guys standing on it, but I can take out AT LEAST one more of these other dozen guys chasing me with the 6 bolts I have left.  Approach the flags?  Sounds like a good way to lower my KD, bro.  The other 100 whining scrubs in the server just need to get good 8-) Stop be so selfish, jeez.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2012, 09:47:34 pm »
Pikes are not the nemesis of cav. Pikes don't hunt cavalry, and are not the preds. Pike protect against Cav, Range is what hunts them.

Using Pointy Sticks to counter cav never ends well. Range is the counter, Pointy Sticks are the shield.

Whats easier... hitting a moving target, or one that stands still? What makes it stand still?

And btw. any good pikeman is able to kill a charging cav. Archers do shit against a plated charger with a plated rider.
especially after 2.6.

Though i know what you mean. And you're right. But you'd agree on my opinion that "nerfing" just makes everything worse?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:05:29 pm by Finuad »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »
Valid complaints for last patch, Fin, but I don't think it applies anymore. Everything feels balanced again, at least to me.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:23 pm »

I'd have to call bullshit. If only two of you are moving - and the slowest tank can catch up to you, you're fucked. And there is nothing either of you can do.
I'd also like to mention your friend that should be open has already been fucked over by getting double teamed!
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »
Valid complaints for last patch, Fin, but I don't think it applies anymore. Everything feels balanced again, at least to me.

I bet you're a tincan or shielder!   :D

Have you ever been thrower before? And have you tried recently? Its almost impossible to kill someone with heavy throwing axes. They are not acurate enough that you could "aim" for the head. Throwing is a question of timing not aim. For me its not balanced. I've respeced after 2.6 and made a stf thrower with the same build - 15/21 throwing axes only, leather vest ... just to be up to date... Still i only got 12 axes each round. And i need at least 3 of them + 2 hits in sec. mode to kill a low-medium armored dude.

no buff yet. Balanced? Not on your nelly!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:18:22 pm by Finuad »