Author Topic: All thy hard work chadz text  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
All thy hard work chadz text
« on: January 31, 2012, 02:26:30 pm »
+4
Inspired by Tomas' idea for an "additional crafting skill" ( http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25202.0.html ) I thought about the chadz-Text-System a little bit:

I might have wrong informations so feel free to correct:

How it is ATM:

-"All thy hard work..." (chadzText) is totally random
-chadztext can come at any time and gives you +3 craftingskill in alll the items your wearing
-chadztext gives a -1 craftingskill in craftingskills of items your NOT wearing

So:
Does my hard work really pay of? I do NOT feel like it!
I know of someone how got the chadztext 7 times in one generation while i only got it 1 in 3 Generations. Why isnt my hard work worth the same as the other guys hard work?

Problem I see with Chadstext at this moment:

The randomness of this system makes it hard...it can hit you when you just retired and wear crappy stuff and so screw up your crafting skills with a -1 skill. You can get it even if you dont want it. And if you want it ( i do at the moment) there is nothing you can to to at least increase your chance of getting it. you cant ebven be sure that you get it in a generation.

So possible things that could be changed:

-make the chadztext not show up between level 1 and 15(?) so your lowlevel equipment doesnt screw up your crafting skills (and if you want low level items craftable in strat you can allways wear them later on)

-At least 1 chadztext per generation somewhere random inbetween level 20 and 30:
You dont know when it comes and you dont know how many others might come but you can be sure you will get at least ONE so your hard work does pay of!
If your lucky you can get more than one with the same randomnes like today but you wont have a generation without at least one chadztext.

( all level numbers are only examples and can be tweaked ;) )
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: All thy hard work chadz text
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »
RNG is fuck

That being said I got chadz text about 11x in the last two gens. I also won two lotteries :D

RNG is pro

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 03:00:09 pm »
+2
On a side note:

(click to show/hide)

Offline reaperkiller

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • The bird of Hermes is my name Eating my Wings to
    • View Profile
  • Faction: make me Tame
  • Game nicks: Invictus Praetor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 04:41:32 pm »
+2
"ALL THY HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF"

IM lv 32  and basically took me me alot of time to get thre working to get to lv 33

don't you guys think i should get at least once or twice during this long period of wearing the same equipment?
i mean the whole point of thy hard work is that i played/worked using the same armor for a long time.

i think system has to change
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! SOULS FOR THE SOUL EATER!! LET THE WORLD BURN!!!!!

Offline Raven_Joy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »
I retired and gave my loom point to some item, and i've had no text throughout one damn generation (although i have always used the same equipment) and retired again yesterday, and  still can't produce that item  :cry:
RANDOMIZATION SUX HARD!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:08:15 pm »
+2
I'm telling you, it's not random.  The people who keep getting the chadztext are the people who never change out their gear.  The less often I change my gear the more often I get chadztext.

Try finding some clues and do your own research.  I'm gen 4 and I've noticed patterns (and asked other people who have supplied information as well).

Try not changing your gear for a couple million xp and see if that helps at all.  I'm not saying it's any guarantee, I'm sure there's still a lot of randomness in the equation but I'm pretty sure one constant is how often you change your gear loadout.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Raven_Joy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »
I'm telling you, it's not random.  The people who keep getting the chadztext are the people who never change out their gear.  The less often I change my gear the more often I get chadztext.

Try finding some clues and do your own research.  I'm gen 4 and I've noticed patterns (and asked other people who have supplied information as well).

Try not changing your gear for a couple million xp and see if that helps at all.  I'm not saying it's any guarantee, I'm sure there's still a lot of randomness in the equation but I'm pretty sure one constant is how often you change your gear loadout.

cmoon, I've used the same equipment from head to feet throughout 1 generation and that goddamn motherfucking text didn't appear!
I'd also like to mention that I use light equipment, so I don't have to wait for many levels to get my main gear... 

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »
You certain you've never changed your equipment for the whole generation (or most of it)?, it still seems like from my experience and from speaking with others that it's effected by your equipment load out.  I change my equipment a lot (from 1h sword to 1h axe, and from being on a horse to being on foot), but whenever I seem to leave it alone (or leave most of my equipment the same) I get the text more often.  I usually get it at least 5 times a gen, it seems like I used to get it more.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:59:25 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »
i had it at Lvl 1 on a wooden practice sword ...
But i must agree on crazy's notion you have to keep playing with same gear, i had most text playing with same gear for a couple of gens...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 06:24:31 pm »

I haven't changed my gear since level 16 of this gen (bar my horse which I haven't changed since level 21). Haven't gotten it. Yet I got it 2 times before level 15 last gen when I was using peasant gear I'd never used before. I don't think it's got anything to do with that.

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:20 pm »
I usually get it at least 5 times a gen, it seems like I used to get it more.

This makes me angry and sad...not a single time in 2 generations :'(
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle

Offline Raven_Joy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 07:49:19 pm »
You certain you've never changed your equipment for the whole generation (or most of it)?, it still seems like from my experience and from speaking with others that it's effected by your equipment load out.  I change my equipment a lot (from 1h sword to 1h axe, and from being on a horse to being on foot), but whenever I seem to leave it alone (or leave most of my equipment the same) I get the text more often.  I usually get it at least 5 times a gen, it seems like I used to get it more.

As I said, I love my gear, so I've been using exactly the same items for 4 gens. The highest difficulties of my equipment are 9 STR for khergit lamellar vest and 11 STR for warspear. So you can see that I get my main gear so fast...

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:17:09 pm »
Not only do we reward those who play the exact SAME build for weeks/months so that they can retire and get loompoints, we also reward those who use the exact SAME gear all the time. Anyone who likes to rp different things, or play different styles is shit out of luck. Awesome. God forbid anyone rps in an rpg. Sometimes I want to be a knight, sometimes I want to be a monk, sometimes an archer or an xbower, and just sometimes...I'd love to feel that I'm not at a huge statistical disadvantage for enjoying variety more than other players. I mean if everyone else is fine grinding the same thing all the time without ever letting yourself play other builds or wearing other gear, then excuse me.  :rolleyes:

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:34:58 pm »
+2
It would be damn nice if we could allocate the points amongst things we've already unlocked it for, and cap it at 30 or something.  If you even so much as drop your weapon at an inopportune time or get dehorsed, you'll miss that super rare time window and lose a point instead of gaining.

Granted, how the hell do you craft a horse to begin with.  Not only is chadz playing God, but thrusting a fraction of such power into our hands as well!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:36:23 pm by Uumdi »

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Have_At_Thee

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:42 pm »

-chadztext gives a -1 craftingskill in craftingskills of items your NOT wearing

This is no longer true, atleast not for me.

I had never thought about this and could never understand why I always got many more messages than everyone else.  I have only reciently changed gear after using the same equipment in every slot for about six months.  I was maxed out at 99 in most of the slots a couple of months ago.  I always had a feeling it wasn't completely random but could never work out what it was.  Since I changed a couple of pieces I don't feel like i'm getting them as frequently, at the moment i'll be lucky to get 3 a generation.

I preffer the way it seems to be random and I think it would be boring if you know it is going to happen at some point.  Although it is annoying to get it when you're wearing peasant gear.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:44:56 am by Have_At_Thee »