Author Topic: The State of Archery in cRPG - all fear the machine gun bows  (Read 13664 times)

Offline godhanger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: godhanger
Re: The State of Archery in cRPG - all fear the machine gun bows
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 10:15:48 pm »
+1
mr shine, him diamond

Offline Tonyukuk

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MikariN
  • IRC nick: MikariN
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:28 pm »
Archers patch is good, problem; after the patch,too many ppl started the playing cavalary..I watched your videos..I can kill pll 4-5 body shot,1-2 head or neck shot.
Unreal:
Essay ban, 800 words on: "Accepting defeat and learning from it"

GEEKİLLER:only 2 words: "Fuck You!"

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »
i went cav simply because i have not had a cav gen before im a big cavnoob Q_Q

honestly though due to the influx of cav i think there is gonna be a influx of the "machine gun" archer

i have noticed it actually it seems like more and more archers are pelting me nowadays

of course by themselves there harmless but if they hit me multiple time and/or multiple archers my horse is black bar if not dead

and can you really blame them?before it was quality vs quantity, if they cant shoot quality shots then there just going to revert to quantity
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »
+1
(sorry for the Teamspeak chatter - should have left the channel)

Why'd you attack Chaos, we're your butt-buddies!

More related to the actual topic: Has anyone done any similar testing with a crossbow or throwing build? I would like to see how bad-off the dart throwers have it compared to the archers, for instance.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:51 pm »
Come onto NA duel sometime, let's see how many head shots you survive against my STF archer... maybe fraps yourself in battle and point out the times where you've taken a 100% damage headshot from an archer.

I'm sure it happens, but the archers that are able to score those 1-shot headshot kills aren't the ones that can effectively and consistently hit the head.  I have no doubt that a longbow or rus bow user with 7-8 PD will be able to 1-shot most people with a headshot, but even if they are aiming right at the head there is probably a 30-40% chance they can hit the head with the shot at the range in my video... not even considering the fact that targets are moving ALL the time.

Basically what I'm saying is, a build designed to hit the head effectively still doesn't do a whole bunch of damage, while builds that CAN kill with 1 shot lack the wpf to do it consistently.  Archers are between a rock and a hard place.

Things seem ok for archers then. If you could be able to both headshot consistently and oneshot on headshot, there would be a problem.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 10:48:27 pm »
Things seem ok for archers then. If you could be able to both headshot consistently and oneshot on headshot, there would be a problem.

My tests were against stationary targets at short range.  Even with my accuracy with this build I'm not going to be able to consistently get headshots against moving targets, or against targets that are further away.

It took me 6 body hits to kill a level 13 peasant in light armor at short range.  Do you really think things are ok for archers right now? Really?

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tonyukuk

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 10:59:17 pm »
I have got 18-24 build.ım using horn bow..you can kill any ınf max 6-7 times..

DONT BUFF ARCHERS NERF CAVALARY
Unreal:

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 11:11:23 pm »
Solution : nerf ranged damage! :rolleyes:

I hope the devs dont get the wrong impression just because most people are happy with the inneficience of archers lately. You broke the class, put it back together.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:13:07 pm by Adamar »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 11:30:57 pm »
Just make cavalry no longer bullet proof tanks...

My build was in theory perfect for hunting horses before the patch, now it seems a bit, odd...

The whole reason why I became an archer was so I could hunt horses...  :(
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tonyukuk

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 11:38:16 pm »
Problem is buffed? the arabian horse..why they buff the this horse,ı dont undertstand..
Unreal:

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 11:51:41 pm »
Archers could do the sensible thing and stack str, meaning their body shots will actually do significant damage...

Hello and welcome to the latest ranged nerf! You're a few weeks behind on this discussion it seems, or perhaps you've just brought the argument full circle?

It is my understanding that archers WERE stacking strength, but the latest patch was too harsh for that build. People said, "switch to the faster bows," but that's clearly not a great choice either. I don't care how high their Power Draw is, bodyshots are a joke now.

So, they're not supposed to do a lot of damage with bodyshots, and you're saying they shouldn't be able to headshot consistently. What are they supposed to do?

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:42 pm »
imo your video just show than all bow before horn are just good during leveling
and archer dont have lot of choice about build
so if we stay like that in futur all archer will have 18/21 or 18/24

imagine its like if all 2hander were 12/27 ... oh sry they already are all agiwhores .... =p

no seriously for me the real problem is buged ghost arrows passing through bodies
i invite u all to report here the problem :
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,24247.0.html

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:46 am »
This is balanced because you still cause staggers (most of the time). This allows the real heroes of the battlefield to win. Didn't anyone tell you? Archers are support characters. They're more like cheerleaders, while the melee classes are the real athletes. What, you actually want to do damage? You're using the wrong weapon then.

Damage to horses will probably be reverted at least. Cavalry are supposed to be support too, so it's OK to hurt them.

I think you are exaggerating here.

In my opinion archers really shouldn't do too much damage, simply because you don't need to make a mistake to be shot by an archer, unlike melee where you can block and even fight back.

I agree that you do too little damage atm, but this is about to be tweaked a bit, so you should do fine as soon as the next patch comes out.

I retired some time ago, and from ATH 8 I am now on ATH 5 (approaching my build's maximum of 7), and I find it particularly difficult to dodge arrows. It was much easier for me some time ago, but now mtemko can shoot my from horseback over 50 meter (and over the heads of 10 other players) twice in a row, killing me, while I am running around and dodging like mad. (I knew he was shooting me).
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 12:26:48 am »
It was a ridiculous post, yes, but some people think ranged really should be little more than support, which is also ridiculous.

mtemko is a very good HA. I remember when he used to play on the NA servers. The whole server would rage at him. You are basing your opinion on the best players of a class instead of the average player. Too many people make that mistake.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 01:19:43 am »
I think you are exaggerating here.

In my opinion archers really shouldn't do too much damage, simply because you don't need to make a mistake to be shot by an archer, unlike melee where you can block and even fight back.

I agree that you do too little damage atm, but this is about to be tweaked a bit, so you should do fine as soon as the next patch comes out.

I retired some time ago, and from ATH 8 I am now on ATH 5 (approaching my build's maximum of 7), and I find it particularly difficult to dodge arrows. It was much easier for me some time ago, but now mtemko can shoot my from horseback over 50 meter (and over the heads of 10 other players) twice in a row, killing me, while I am running around and dodging like mad. (I knew he was shooting me).

Lol joker. Mte? He's a mate and I know his build...

He's good, but at 50 Meters not even foot archer have a 100% chance of hitting you, assuming they aimed perfectly :P

And Mte, if he didnt change his mind, went for the less accurate more damage (which is still crap damage) HA build.