Author Topic: Offer Heirloom Respecs on Major Weapon Rebalances  (Read 3262 times)

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Offer Heirloom Respecs on Major Weapon Rebalances
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 06:53:54 pm »
Make it cost 500k.

You do realize that 500k gold would require ~83 hours of naked leeching to obtain? Or ~114 hours with 10k of gear on? Or ~181 hours with 20k of gear on? Or ~440 hours with 30k of gear on? A generation 4 character can retire 3 times and masterwork a new item in ~160 hours.

Also, could people please stop implying that everyone wanting to change their heirlooms is running off for another broken item? I came VERY close to masterworking the long awlpike instead of the normal awlpike after the post-patch heirloom theft. In the next patch, they took away the ability to use the long awlpike with a shield. I do not remember having seen a creditable player call the long awlpike overpowered, and I do not know if I would still be playing cRPG if I had picked differently on what was basically a coin toss.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 08:21:46 pm »
Yes I know how much that is. Cause I have it. And I have done zip to earn it. It's been free money for me.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 09:33:34 pm »
Pfffft. We've already gone through a huge timesink to get the heirlooms... adding another huge timesink to switch heirlooms would be straight-up cruel and insulting.

Also, basing the trades on Generation is unecessarily hard on newer players. They already have it hard enough!

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »
the problem is, that if this is free, you would need no more than 3 heirlooms, then you would be able to have a masterwork whenever you change build.

Offline Rasputin

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26:39 am »
I just feel like if people think like they wasted to much time into something they don't use, they might just quit playing the mod and the playerbase gets smaller and smaller.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 09:59:28 pm »
Not everyone is you. We dont need morons who just take OP weapon, heirloom it and then cry after nerf...

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 01:21:45 am »
Heh... I have a truckload of heirloomed stuff I don't use, because I wandered between various classes, archer/polearm, crossbow/polearm, 1h cavalry, etc ;P

Would love the ability to change heirlooms but oh well.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Rasputin

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 11:25:26 am »
As much as I think all the people using bar maces should go die in a fire, should still offer a weapon change when the weapon is thankfully made useless.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 06:06:12 pm »
Barmace shouldn't be made useless. It should just loose it's ignores your block and still swings faster than you feature.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 06:38:02 pm »
I am gen 14 so i have lots of heirloomed items,
so far i have heirloomed only items that I plan on using my final build (horsearcher)
but I think it would be nice to be able to respec heirlooms for a fee (i dont know how much maybe 10-25k per respec so 30-75k for a masterwork)

I think you would see more people trying out different classes rather than everyone heirlooming only the most powerful/OP items

I like trying out unique classes and a switching it up alot but if I want to try a unique build like a shortbow archer or a dagger user
masterworks are going to help alot and putting 3 gens into a build that might not even work and gives you a deadend item would be a waste of time.

Even if they limited it to one respec per gen +goldcost it would still give you the chance to eventually switch the heirlooms around.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 07:29:43 pm »
I like trying out unique classes and a switching it up alot but if I want to try a unique build like a shortbow archer or a dagger user
masterworks are going to help alot and putting 3 gens into a build that might not even work and gives you a deadend item would be a waste of time.

Even if they limited it to one respec per gen +goldcost it would still give you the chance to eventually switch the heirlooms around.

this, next gen im gonig to try out a quarter staff build, but i won't spend 3 generations on it, so i can only get a 1 loomed quarterstaff that i will probably only use 1 gen.

I also like changing classes and weapons alot, so i end up with a bunch of balanced items :D

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 09:02:43 pm »
Well, nothing prevents you from making a x build with a regular x. I do so all the time.
If you let them switch to easy heirloom is just a general stat boost to players who played longer whichever class they play. This will never beat the awesomeness of being in possession of the coveted unique Deadly Quarterstaff.
I'd rather be able to borrow it to someone I deem worthy (enter name on site, he can use it from his inventory, remove name, he can't anymore). Another news, slightly off topic though, I'm looking for a boy that carries my weapons and watches my back.

edit: It has to be capitalized, ofc.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:55 pm »
To me, heirlooming an item means it has a special meaning to you, its not just another weapon. I've only loomed my swords.

I realise its very few players who feel this way, but this means for me that i don't worry about my items getting rebalanced - the dev team won't destroy any weapons special feeling.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:54 pm »
These are my thoughts on the issue:

#1, Heirloom Respecs: I don't think it's necessary to allow respecs at all, EXCEPT when stat changes to an item are made by the developers. When this happens, anyone who owned an heirloomed item that had it's stats modified should be offered the opportunity to select a different item to heirloom. As WaltF4 pointed out, not allowing this can be very frustrating for a player who put lots of time into developing their build.

#2, Heirloom Trading: Honestly, I hear people cite this as a solution to issue #1, when it simply isn't so. While heirloom trading may help SOME people, and COULD be a nice feature, I doubt it will be used often. Ultimately, the majority of people who no longer want an heirloom probably don't want it because changes were made to the item that make it something totally different from what they want (ie, it sucks). If this is the case, such as the situation with the long awlpike, which was made to be unusable with shields, you'd likely have problems getting someone to trade the devalued item for an item that you want.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 01:06:26 pm »
I agree with Ramses, heirloom for me is special, and like him i have heirloom my sword(cleaver), i will not change even with modification cause it fit with my style (i choose it more for the style than to be op).

Heirloom should be choose carefully, and unchangeable, it comes from your ancestors. The last reset on heirloom was not made to allow ppl to change but because there were too much heirloom.

But it could have exception, like long awlpike that has been completely change. I guess the problem is that a lot of players choose weapons which are op at the moment and are always in search of "best" build and best weapons.