Author Topic: Dezi's Den of Duelling (Challenge an opponent, place a bet!)  (Read 66946 times)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Dezi's Den of Duelling (Challenge an opponent, place a bet!)
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:23:51 pm »
+17
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Welcome to Dezi's honored ground of e-peen measurement!

Since there is seemingly a lot of grudges being held, people being angry with each other and a lot of flaming everywhere, I thought I would provide an opportunity to solve the conflicts the old-fashioned way, duels!

Now the best part is, this will not only be an opportunity to show of your oversized internet-based fornicational device, people will also be able to bet on the participants.

With all this information, there is only one question that you will be asking:

(click to show/hide)

YES YOU CAN!

Send proof to the world that that cavmy old friend who dominated you on EU1 is in fact a scrub! Show that annoying dude who disagrees with your (of course infallible) opinions on the forum who's the boss! Show the community that YOU in fact has the largest of them all!

Now, before you all get too excited and start jizzing all over your keyboards, there are a few rules to follow:

1. Official challenges and responses may only be issued in this thread. (preferably with a bit of RP thrown into it)

2. The challenged has a week to respond. He will be informed via pm. If the challenged does not reply or declines the challenge, he/she (j/k HE) will be "awarded" a place in the Hall of Shame. (Exceptions are of course mad if the challenged has very good reasons, such as not being online, or not having a character suited for the type of challenge issued!)

3. The challenged decides time, date, and server (if a cross-continent challenge is issued). If the challenger cannot attend then a time is to be worked out through negotiation. Subsequently, if a challenger fails to show up to a match, he will also be placed in the Hall of Shame.

4. Since defending your e-honor is serious buissness, I've decided on banning a few items I consider "un-fun":

All crushthrough weapons.

Scythe/Fauchard

Long Awlpike

Long spear/Pike/Bamboo spear

Plated Charger (for cav duels)

Any loomed items except for melee weapons. Will be checked! (The participants are assumed to have enough e-honor not to bring loomed armor)

All armor is allowed, although defending your e-honor in full plate will probably get you ridiculed.

Knockdown weapons are allowed, but usage of the feature (i.e striking your opponent when he's down, or kicking and striking him when he's trying to stand up) will be considered a dishonor, and you will not earn credit for the fight.

Participants may of course modify these rules if both parts agree.

5. Duels will take place on EU3 or NA3. Melee duels will be assumed, you will need to state specifically if any other type of challenge is intended. Be aware that declining a non-standard (i.e non-melee, non standard ruleset) challenge will not be penalized. (But as said, if you only have archer characters declining a standard challenge is ofc. free of Hall of Shame-nalty)

6. Successfully defending yourself in a challenge (i.e beating the challenger) will be considered an act of great skill and honor, and will net yourself a place in the Hall of Victory. Should you manage to defend yourself 3 times in a row, you will be awarded with a place in the most prestigious Hall of Fame (and a personal comment from me). In the Hall of Fame there will also be an internal ranking system, to track who has distinguished himself the most. Winning a challenge that you issued will not net you anything but bragging rights (and maybe some gold, more on that later).

7. 5 duels will be considered standard, although the participants may freely choose to fight more/less if they both agree. (This will still be considered a "standard challenge") I will personally supervise every duel, although volunteers to help do this would be much appreciated, especially NA. If I cannot come on the time assigned I will inform you on that and we'll work something out.

8. Betting follows a simple rule system. If you bet on someone and they win you get your gold back plus an amount of what was betted on the opposing player proportional to what you put in (If you put in 1k, your friend put in 2k, your fighter wins and the total bet on the opponent was 9k, you will get 3k and your friend will get 6k). Any size of bet will be considered valid, although you can never "win" more than 10x of what you put in, any excessive gold will be returned to the original owners (this is to prevent 1 gold bets). If bets are placed on one fighter only all money will be returned regardless of outcome. The first bet will be considered the minimum bet for that match (this is to prevent stagnant betting, i.e you put in 10 k the other side will put in 1k to maximize profit) You can only force bets no higher than 100 k though. You can of course put in more than 100k, but noone is forced to bet more than 100k against you.

Bets are to be sent to me via PM (this is to prevent topic flooding), but don't worry, your bet will be posted in the topic.

Yes, you can place bets on yourself, but then the maximum amount won will be restricted to 2x what you put in.

9. Common sense. Don't be a dick. Don't run across half the map. Don't challenge someone and then give up etc. Only one thing overrides common sense here and that is my judgement. If I consider a challenge invalid then that is so.

10. Have fun, and don't take it too seriously. I really want to see some intense fights, with both fighters trembling from pressure from the bets placed on them and so on, but don't take it too far. RP is great, so is humor.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I will record all duels, and the plan is to eventually put together a nice video.

Constructive input is always welcome!

I forgot to mention: When you have decided upon a time and date please inform me asap so people can watch and I can be there without too much hassle.

UPDATE: Hobb_Captain_of_TkoV has volunteered to help with the NA duels (thanks!). If you have duel at awkward times, please contact him (forum nick: Hobb)

Current champion of the tournaments is Merc_Blueberrymuffin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:03:29 am by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dezi's Den of Duelling (Challenge an opponent, place a bet!)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »
Going to challenge half the EU section as soon as I'm a 2hander again

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:34:28 pm »
I see no problem in any melee weapon apart from crushthrough. If you can beat someone in a 1 vs 1 with a long spear, I say props to you.

Any rules concerning knockdown? If there is anything that pisses me off in a duel it is getting knocked down, hit, kicked and hit again. 3 for the price of 1.

Edit: Whoops, curse my quick reading. Good rules.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:36:13 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
I see no problem in any melee weapon apart from crushthrough. If you can beat someone in a 1 vs 1 with a long spear, I say props to you.

Any rules concerning knockdown? If there is anything that pisses me off in a duel it is getting knocked down, hit, kicked and hit again. 3 for the price of 1.

Edit: Whoops, curse my quick reading. Good rules.

Yeah, the weapon restrictions weren't put there to stop overpowered weapons, they were put there to disallow boring weapons (while beating someone with a long spear can indeed be considered skillful, the duel tends to be long and boring. This is supposed to be a place to "show off" and win with some "style", and I want the weapons used to represent that.)

And as said, if you and your challenger/victim decides to modify the rules for your fight that is perfectly acceptable.

Going to challenge half the EU section as soon as I'm a 2hander again

Good, that's the spirit!  :twisted:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:44:22 pm by Dezilagel »

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 08:44:21 pm »
I can see this being popular.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »
Nice idea.

I can't udnerstand why you would ban flamberge from this though...

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:49 pm »
Great iniative, I feel this will be epic! +1
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:49:35 pm »
+1
Nice idea.

I can't udnerstand why you would ban flamberge from this though...

Thank you :)

It's for reasons stated above, the Flamberge (as well as the Scythe) promotes a style of play that I at least consider not fun. Although I might consider banning the Glavie as well (boo, hiss!).

That will be the next public vote.

Offline TucKMuncK

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TM
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50:33 pm »
I challenge you (Dezilagel) I will wound you so bad that you cant never return to battlefield so you have all the time arrange these duels.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: the crap?! Ban glaive then I have no chance to win ;((((
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:51:43 pm by TucKMuncK »
In memory of TucKMuncK_Wolper, member of River Pirates, ruler of Amashke

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 08:52:20 pm »
Saul canner went 112-1 last night on the duel server. Also: dueling with a long awlpike is hard.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:53:52 pm by Nasturtium »

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:01 pm »
all weapons should be allowed, not fair to make someone use a style they are not familiar with

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »
Thank you :)

It's for reasons stated above, the Flamberge (as well as the Scythe) promotes a style of play that I at least consider not fun. Although I might consider banning the Glavie as well (boo, hiss!).

That will be the next public vote.
Errrrr.. these things are kinda subjective ,you know. Style of play and everything. I mean most of us can agree with banning crushthrough weapons, but i don't see how a flamberge is a problem in a duel.Glaive is much more annoying thanks to polestagger and backpedalling, but banning it is also too harsh imo.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 08:58:07 pm »
Errrrr.. these things are kinda subjective ,you know. Style of play and everything. I mean most of us can agree with banning crushthrough weapons, but i don't see how a flamberge is a problem in a duel.Glaive is much more annoying thanks to polestagger and backpedalling, but banning it is also too harsh imo.

Well, as said you and whoever is your opponent is can freely modify the rules for your match.

And yes, it's my subjective opinion. But this is my idea, and my organization i.e I decide the rules. If enough people protest it then I might as well put up a vote, but until then you'll just have to deal with it  :wink:

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:39 pm »
Duh, how is flamberge different from ie. long hafted or glaive? Apart from no polestun.  :rolleyes:
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:24:33 pm »
Challenge me  :wink:
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!