Author Topic: throwing is broken  (Read 22813 times)

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
Re: throwing is broken
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:33 pm »
+1
We got jarids doing the same amount of damage as arrows... There really isnt a huge difference in damage between throwing and strong ranged builds, but the accuracy, range and ammo count is far lower. That isn't balanced imo.
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2012, 09:44:16 pm »
Chestaclese was raping the community servers last night as a thrower.  If you think throwing needs a buff you're high.
Whoever Chestaclese is tell him to only use throwing lances, and only fight pure-strength builds, unless the idiots charge right into him with a higher speed than their agi allows for they'll each take four throwing lances to put down. Guess how many throwing lances you get if you fill each slot with them... yeah... that's right... you're to damn stupid to guess the obvious and implied answer so I'll post it: FOUR.

...Is that balanced? No. Does it need a huge damage buff? Yes. Should Miracle have tried throwing at least once since after the patch before posting his comment? Let's see if you can guess that answer.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
Whoever Chestaclese is tell him to only use throwing lances, and only fight pure-strength builds, unless the idiots charge right into him with a higher speed than their agi allows for they'll each take four throwing lances to put down. Guess how many throwing lances you get if you fill each slot with them... yeah... that's right... you're to damn stupid to guess the obvious and implied answer so I'll post it: FOUR.

...Is that balanced? No. Does it need a huge damage buff? Yes. Should Miracle have tried throwing at least once since after the patch before posting his comment? Let's see if you can guess that answer.

Ok. You win.  All throwing weapons should 1 shot kill everything no matter what.  Also, my first comment wasn't really meant to be taken serious.  Sorry everyone got so fucking butthurt over it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:52:46 pm by Miracle »
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2012, 10:14:24 pm »
+1
So then you can't say nerf cav based on the few elitists that do well on horseback, right?

Agreed. Besides, Huey isn't really that good and cav is hard.

Whoever Chestaclese is

Chestaclese is the guy that uses light armor and only uses war darts. And by only I mean no other weapon. Then he runs into a group of enemies like a melee fighter would and delivers death in form of sub-polearm-length distance throws, most of them headshots of course.

Yeah, that kinda guy.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »
Chestaclese is like the only thrower that comes to mind, which means he's the only thrower that gives me any sort of scare.

If only one thrower comes to mind, that probably means throwing is broken.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:34 pm »
Ok. You win.  All throwing weapons should 1 shot kill everything no matter what.  Also, my first comment wasn't really meant to be taken serious.
I never claimed all throwers should one shot everything... but the throwing lance is in severe need of a buff, jarrid aswell, I don't know about the others weps, but those are the two I use.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:35 pm »
I never claimed all throwers should one shot everything... but the throwing lance is in severe need of a buff, jarrid aswell, I don't know about the others weps, but those are the two I use.

Isn't it always the ones one uses that need the buffs?  :wink:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012, 11:41:49 pm »
Yes it needs a damage buff, as do most things.  I do not like living through multiple strikes from any decent weapon.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2012, 12:07:23 am »
Throwing is the bastard child of cprg. Sad realy, it was a fun playstyle
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2012, 03:19:05 am »
Chestaclese was raping the community servers last night as a thrower.  If you think throwing needs a buff you're high.

I was lucky to be playing on a team made up mostly of Chaos and that most of them were in teamspeak.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2012, 09:55:59 am »
Well i can recall Dimanche - the Pecores guy with throwing axes. He was quite a formidable thrower.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2012, 02:14:28 pm »
funny whenever I play on na_1 any thrower still 2 shots me regardless of body armor and usually 1 shots my horse no matter what shit weapon they're using or what shit build

before this nerf throwing axes literally 1 shot chamion cataphracts and would do 3/4 of their HP with body shots that had no momentum bonus

thank you i think throwing is a little better now, maybe too powerful still, just like rus and long bows with stacked PD

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2012, 03:22:54 pm »
Isn't it always the ones one uses that need the buffs?  :wink:
I've been several things, and I never thought they were UP until I got to the after-patch throwing weapons german poleaxe-man, swordman light thrower, heavy thrower, after-patch heavy thrower, after patch HT.
No one asked for the nerf except Smoothrich (sucker who don't know wtf he's talking about), barely any EU throwers, (I heard it's different on NA).

Offline Vrael

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Vrael
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »
Last week or something the Ninjas rocked Eu_1 and a cav came against us. Thomek threw 2 mw jarids in the destriers face, but it didn't die. A mw snowflake did the job. So yes, I think throwing should be buffed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hippy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fiber One
  • Game nicks: Oats
  • IRC nick: Oats
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:35 pm »
I always figured throwing was a bit undermined anyway seeing as it doesn't have the range of bows/xbows or the consistency of bows, but the one trade off was that it dealt good damage and could be thrown moving as well as being idle. That to me already makes it a hard weapon to use, so why nerf it when it takes some practice to be consistently good with it?
Ban all Reddit