Author Topic: throwing is broken  (Read 22812 times)

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Re: throwing is broken
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »
I am not using any throwing weapons myself, but it would be nice to see more of them on the battlefield :)

Not sure if its best to buff damage or add 1-2 ammo to the existing quantities, but there are very few throwers left in cRPG ( compared to bows and xbows ) :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 03:27:53 pm »
+2
Extra ammo wont help I fear, if anything we might see more spam throw builds. We need the damage back, throwing in my opinion should be a partly random attack. The accuracy doesnt need to be raised to the point of archery, maybe a slight increase but nothing extreme. It should just be a case of throwing is a low ammo, not pinpoint accuracy (maybe a bit more than current) but extremely hard hitting short ranged weapon. The accuracy will mean that if you miss you have to recover fast or be charged down, but you take the risk because you have the ability to cripple a charging horsemen / plater or get a lucky hit on an archer fleeing on you that will later be an issue.

Throwing at formations should also be effective, it should really damage shields more than it does and people should consider breaking up a formation to reduce throwing damage over just holding and shrugging it off.

These are my opinions, but I think a lot of people agree with the core points.
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:57 pm »
My last gen was a thrower (3 weeks ago), I never had any problems nor did it seem broken to me.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 06:41:44 pm »
My last gen was a thrower (3 weeks ago), I never had any problems nor did it seem broken to me.

That's pre-patch.  Now all ranged does ~33% less damage except for the head (which does more).  For a thrower with already limited stack-size & low accuracy that means a large drop in kills per stack.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Ramsay

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ramsay
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 08:16:29 pm »
I respected from a fail build. On my previous gen Pre path I was a successful thrower so I made a shielder/thrower with 6 PT and heavy throwing axes. Usual stuff.

One round an enemy peasant with 5 armor shirt was throwing stones at me. I threw heavy axe straight into his chest and  stood there amazed and in dismay as he just staggered and continued throwing his stones at me. Then I cried a bit. Hit the respec button *again*. From 4 mil xp to 1mil...

From the calculator: my dmg in this situation was 62 -74 (remember that he had no armor) but guess what after nerf 75% of that is 46 - 55. Not enough to ensure kill a naked guy kill with 18 str with no IF. Now you have to be *lucky* in a dmg roll to kill him :|  I'm not even gonna start with explaining how useless it is on tincans.

Using heavy axes 2 slots u have only 6 *very* inaccurate throws.
I can't play a thrower for weeks praying for a buff. Its just no fun.
It's not that complicated. Just buff throwing wep Dmg 25% or exclude it from archery nerf.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:00 pm »
I respected from a fail build. On my previous gen Pre path I was a successful thrower so I made a shielder/thrower with 6 PT and heavy throwing axes. Usual stuff.

One round an enemy peasant with 5 armor shirt was throwing stones at me. I threw heavy axe straight into his chest and  stood there amazed and in dismay as he just staggered and continued throwing his stones at me. Then I cried a bit. Hit the respec button *again*. From 4 mil xp to 1mil...

From the calculator: my dmg in this situation was 62 -74 (remember that he had no armor) but guess what after nerf 75% of that is 46 - 55. Not enough to ensure kill a naked guy kill with 18 str with no IF. Now you have to be *lucky* in a dmg roll to kill him :|  I'm not even gonna start with explaining how useless it is on tincans.

Using heavy axes 2 slots u have only 6 *very* inaccurate throws.
I can't play a thrower for weeks praying for a buff. Its just no fun.
It's not that complicated. Just buff throwing wep Dmg 25% or exclude it from archery nerf.

This is truely a sad story and its the same for javs, so I feel your pain man  :cry:

It also upsets me to point out that damage was reduced by 33% not 25% :/
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 08:56:45 pm »
25% for throwing would still have been to much  :| Ah but yes it should be buffed by 25%.

Offline Ramsay

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ramsay
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:28 am »
33%? 33%?!?! T_T Okey let me correct: absolutely no chance of killing a naked peasant with heavy throwing axe.

It's the first time I can remember (and I was in the pre XP barn/boat "every tincan with sword of cookies and a siege crossbow" terror age) that a supposed nerf for one class actually nerfed other class (crossbows) and totally ruined another (throwing).

It's clear that no balance team worked on this. It was just a rushed nerf on a whim.

What's worse there was much work on balancing and nerfing in old patches to make throwing just right. Now it's ruined.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 03:28:16 am »
+1
I've never really noticed this nerf. You guys are just whiners - It's basically the same. I still don't kill anyone with my 11TP.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 03:35:38 am »
I've never really noticed this nerf. You guys are just whiners - It's basically the same. I still don't kill anyone with my 11TP.

That's because a throwing build with 11 pt is retarded. Did you just start playing the game or have you just remained ignorant all this time?
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 03:38:38 am »
IMO powerthrow should have a bigger influence on throwing damage.
For example 1PT should barely notice anything, 8 PT should 1shot anything. There should be a wide range of damage modifiers.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 03:40:11 am »
+1
That's because a throwing build with 11 pt is retarded. Did you just start playing the game or have you just remained ignorant all this time?

Andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Over your head.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 03:43:42 am »
Andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Over your head.

Hahaha. Was he being sarcastic? Guess I'm the ignorant one haha.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 03:46:50 am »
+1
I do agree with Chesty, he is the best thrower I have ever seen. Before the nerf he was never topping the scoreboard with 30 or 40 kills like lance cav, but he would get a fair amount of kills. I saw him a day or two after the nerf and his +3 War Darts were glancing on my Lordly Banded Armor with 6 IF. I think you should  give throwers the damage they had pre-patch. I liked seeing Chesty kill shielders with throwing!

~Malicious

Offline 22nd_deprav

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_deprav_the_skald
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 04:17:18 am »
So I've 5 PT and I just saw someone survive one of my jav thrown at close range to his face with 48 head armor.
And then I saw radh with 23 body armor surviving 2 javs, 2 arrows and 1 bolt...

I'm building a 1h/shield/throw/cav char since the beginning, I was already playing this char back when a stack of throwing wps was using 2 slots and was mostly based on luck. (That was the worst crpg period ever for me Dx) but this might actually be worst. Unless I'm gettin some lucky-ish headshot it's pretty useless now.

But it's only been a few months since throwing weapons went from "useless pieces of crap" to "reliable weapons" and I've never seen any well-justified complaint about those, and now it's nerfed again, I sad...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:00:08 am by 22nd_deprav »
Max characters: 400; characters remaining: 354