Author Topic: throwing is broken  (Read 22814 times)

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
Re: throwing is broken
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2012, 10:36:35 pm »
+1
funny whenever I play on na_1 any thrower still 2 shots me regardless of body armor and usually 1 shots my horse no matter what shit weapon they're using or what shit build

before this nerf throwing axes literally 1 shot chamion cataphracts and would do 3/4 of their HP with body shots that had no momentum bonus

thank you i think throwing is a little better now, maybe too powerful still, just like rus and long bows with stacked PD

Cav is so hard. Buff cav and nerf throwing again so Smoothrich can get a good nights sleep.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2012, 10:43:54 pm »
+1
Cav is so hard. Buff cav and nerf throwing again so Smoothrich can get a good nights sleep.
Oh he's a cav, that explains it, don't worry, the devs will nerf throwing further so you can ride straight into throwers without any speed bonus on our throws.
That's the reason we can do damage against cav, because they ride straight into us not thinking about the speed bonus. So lets nerf throwing again so the type of guy I assume Smoothrich is can get easy kills and stay flat out retarded and expect their couches to be undodgable, them to be untouchable, and more importantly them to be the best players on the globe.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »
+1

I like how the USA players bitch that cav is so easy, and yet complains whenever the range predator dares scratch their horse.

3/4 damage with a throwing axe to a champion cataphract, eh, no momentum bonus?

I like this:
I think throwing is a little better now, maybe too powerful still, just like rus and long bows with stacked PD

Let's do some number crunching.

Looking at a normal one (even weaker):
(click to show/hide)
VS
(click to show/hide)

Now assuming a god tier thrower with 8PD and 6WM, at 24STR and 154 wpf and NAKED, this gives us:
(click to show/hide)

Hmm, maybe a real baddass will decide to hit him? Let us look at somehow someone with 154 wpf but now ten Power Throw, some post-level 30 badass:
(click to show/hide)

Now, imagine a champion Cataphract with increased health and armour taking these shots.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »
I like how the USA players bitch that cav is so easy, and yet complains whenever the range predator dares scratch their horse.

3/4 damage with a throwing axe to a champion cataphract, eh, no momentum bonus?

I like this:
Let's do some number crunching.

Looking at a normal one (even weaker):
(click to show/hide)
VS
(click to show/hide)

Now assuming a god tier thrower with 8PD and 6WM, at 24STR and 154 wpf and NAKED, this gives us:
(click to show/hide)

Hmm, maybe a real baddass will decide to hit him? Let us look at somehow someone with 154 wpf but now ten Power Throw, some post-level 30 badass:
(click to show/hide)

Now, imagine a champion Cataphract with increased health and armour taking these shots.
Speed bonus is everything for a thrower like me, sure there are some like that Chestaclese guy who often make headshots (I only do around two-four a day with my throwing lances and jarrids TBH D:), When Kafein comes charging into me and I in the last second throw a jarrid into his smug cav foot (please note before anyone asks I do not hate cav, I play cav, and I don't hate Kafein (just a little friendly insulting) I take 90% off his health, however when he's standing still it takes WAY more throws to kill.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2012, 11:13:40 pm »
Smoothrich, when his horse got thrown to death under him:

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2012, 11:26:10 pm »
i'm sorry i'm not clicking on any of tears links, anyways i was on na_1 today with 61 body armor and 2 ironflesh, 24 strength, and a thrower took off 90 percent of my HP with 1 hammer, body shot, while i was in the middle of melee.  he also 1 shotted my destrier with a body shot.  this happens every day

no one is talking about cav balance here (yes theres too many scrub armored and courser cav on now), just that throwing puts out the highest damage of any class requiring the lowest amount of effort or skill, absolutely insane amounts of damage, arguing that it doesn't is a lie

tears i looked at those charts, they're all obviously way fucking wrong, 1 heavy throwing axe regularly does 100+ damage with body hits with little to no speed bonus, urist made it so it uses old soak values or something like that, basically they do better than pierce damage it seems, and 100+ of it
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:29:15 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2012, 12:27:17 am »
Any throwers on?  I'm going to be around for the next hour, hour and a half.  I'd be interested in doing some video testing. 

Come to NA_3 or hop into IRC and ping me cause I'm eating some dinner.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2012, 01:17:57 am »
Tested. What's the verdict Dr. Shine? Is Smoothrich full of hot air?
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2012, 01:43:38 am »
Tested. What's the verdict Dr. Shine? Is Smoothrich full of hot air?

I've received the diagnosis, and I have bad news; Smoothrich's story is terminally ill on account of too much bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj8x8T2p-3Y&context=C30af511ADOEgsToPDskIy3dH0RlFzIlYRfZ9vukUl
Headshot test.  Doesn't say too much because I'm not sure if that first shot actually hit the head even though it looked like it did on my screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLkmzk9FvM&context=C3eaad32ADOEgsToPDskKI6n0ycx9oP3lCeSJ_iH4v
3(2) standing still shots.  The second axe probably hit me as I was moving (I'm dumb).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3IlWxh_rg0&context=C30af511ADOEgsToPDskIy3dH0RlFzIlYRfZ9vukUl
Me running at Chesty, getting hit near point blank.  3 hits to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5DxAgyeyw&context=C30af511ADOEgsToPDskIy3dH0RlFzIlYRfZ9vukUl
Ghazi offered his horse for the test; full speed +3 courser taking a point blank body shot that did 75% damage.

So I have less armor and less HP compared to smoothrich.  Courser obviously has less hp/armor as well.  Heavy throwing axes were +1.  Heavy throwing axes have 3 axes to a stack. 

Yeah, throwing needs a buff pretty bad.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2012, 02:03:50 am »
7 PT, not impressed, many throwers do 9-10

just looking at those youtubes, 2 or 3 more powerthrow and you would've been 1-2 shotted every time, and the courser would've been 1 shotted with a body shot with just 8 PT,  just like i'm complaining about.  10 PT throwers can 1 shot horses with the heavy axes and 1-2 shot any infantry build regardless of speed bonus

imagine the damage this class was doing before the flat 30 percent decrease or whatever it was.  just unacceptable balance wise
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:08:41 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2012, 02:15:48 am »
+3
7 PT, not impressed, many throwers do 9-10

just looking at those youtubes, 2 or 3 more powerthrow and you would've been 1-2 shotted every time, and the courser would've been 1 shotted with a body shot with just 8 PT,  just like i'm complaining about.  10 PT throwers can 1 shot horses with the heavy axes and 1-2 shot any infantry build regardless of speed bonus

imagine the damage this class was doing before the flat 30 percent decrease or whatever it was.  just unacceptable balance wise

Can't argue with that. I'm a thrower that people consider reasonably good and you're a cav player that knows throwers that have 10 pt that one hit your horse and kill you. I must be some kind of fucking asshole to open my mouth on this subject. Clearly I'm the ignorant one between us. I conscede the rest of my time on this subject to expert on all things throwing Smoothrich.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2012, 02:31:48 am »
10 PT throwers can 1 shot horses with the heavy axes and 1-2 shot any infantry build regardless of speed bonus

Funny, then why don't they whenever I see you play? Or any heavy cav play? Unless we are counting axes to the head of a Destrier as heavy cav, I don't think I believe you all that much.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2012, 02:40:46 am »
10 PT throwers can 1 shot horses with the heavy axes and 1-2 shot any infantry build regardless of speed bonus

"just that throwing puts out the highest damage of any class [LIE, an average two-hander deals WAY more damage] requiring the lowest amount of effort or skill [LIE, we got a huge reticule, unless we go naked agi spammer we got to carefully watch out neither to get to far or to close to our enemies, takes much more awareness than your average two-hander or cav build.], absolutely insane amounts of damage [I believe that spot is reserved for your couched lance], arguing that it doesn't is a lie [LIE, if you had any brains you'd know why by now]"
Lie, let's see, Zlisch the Butcher: 7pt however since I use throwing lances I deal around a quarter more damage and it balances itself out.
Zlisch takes up to FOUR throws to kill MR_Onion and all those other strength players, this is even freaking pierce instead of that cut, I take two throwing lances to kill a fleeing archer with (I assume) 0 IF if I'm lucky (normally it's fucking three), so don't you go off making your retarded bullshit claims.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:45:46 am by Zlisch_The_Butcher »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2012, 02:44:03 am »
Lie, let's see, Zlisch the Butcher: 7pt however since I use throwing lances I deal around a quarter more damage and it balances itself out.
Zlisch takes up to FOUR throws to kill MR_Onion and all those other strength players, this is even freaking pierce instead of that cut, I take two throwing lances to kill a fleeing archer with (I assume) 0 IF if I'm lucky (normally it's fucking three), so don't you go off making your retarded bullshit claims.

With all due respect.

1.) He is USA clan, an LLJK splinter

2.) said this:
...1 heavy throwing axe regularly does 100+ damage with body hits with little to no speed bonus... basically they do better than pierce damage it seems, and 100+ of it

Obvious troll is obvious.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2012, 02:47:46 am »
Obvious troll is obvious.
TBH I think he really is that stupid... but I don't know, not an NA player after all so I haven't had a chance to kill that noob cav.
please not I'm not making any attacks on cav in any posts in this thread, I'm just making attacks on that one fool.