Author Topic: throwing is broken  (Read 22723 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: throwing is broken
« Reply #285 on: August 07, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »

You don't need 7 PT and 140 throwing WPF to be accurate

Wrong you need more..

Tzar is an idiot (as usual) trying to suggest that throwers should be comparable to archers (let alone balanced the same as them).

Ive never said that l2r....you gotta have a reading comprehension problem...

Djavo throwing might have a larger projectile than archery jumping (maybe, assuming you're exaggerating) but throwing weapons almost always go to the same spot in the crosshair every time, so it doesn't matter how large the crosshair is...

lol just lol....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2012, 10:12:38 pm »

The class is still a joke compared to archers in terms of ranged capability's.

Ive never said that l2r....you gotta have a reading comprehension problem...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:31 pm »
Your point is  :?:

Where does it say i want throwing to become the same as archery  :?:

Here check out this website  :arrow: http://www.starfall.com/
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2012, 10:30:52 pm »
You said it's a joke compared to archery's ranged capabilities, what did you mean by that?  Elaborate.

I took it as you saying they should be comparable to archers, since you used the word "compared to"...

Maybe you should learn to speak.  If communication fails, it's always the fault of the sender, not the receiver. Always.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »
You said it's a joke compared to archery's ranged capabilities, what did you mean by that?  Elaborate.

I meant that throwing is a joke compared to the ranged capabilities of archery.

Mainly talking about accuracy and projectile speed like i mentioned in some of my earlier post but i take it you only read the title of the threads before you post.

Ive never said i wanted throwing to be on the same lvl as achery when talking about projectile speed an accuracy. Ive only said...  an i say it again throwing could use a little buff.

Have a good day sir.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »
Throwing will always have a slower projectile speed than a bow and arrow...and it is already very accurate because the throwing weapons always go to the same part of the crosshair depending on the throwing weapon...

For them to be comparable to archery, they would need to have the same accuracy, damage, and projectile speed as a bow and arrow...they are completely different, so why would you want them to be comparable?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2012, 10:43:07 pm »
+1
Throwing will always have a slower projectile speed than a bow and arrow...and it is already very accurate because the throwing weapons always go to the same part of the crosshair depending on the throwing weapon...
What the hell are you lathering on about? I didn't want to glance at this thread, but you know damn well that isn't true.
For them to be comparable to archery, they would need to have the same accuracy, damage, and projectile speed as a bow and arrow...they are completely different, so why would you want them to be comparable?
No he said comparable effectiveness not identical stats. For something to be comparable would require to have the total pros and total cons end up with near-equivalent values to other ranged counterparts.
But they aren't.
in my opinion, throwing needs some more accuracy. just a little bit, not archer pinpoint deathmachine accurate, just able to hit the broadside of a horse at 30 yards 3 times in a row without missing like currently.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2012, 10:45:58 pm »
This guy title fits him perfect i guess.  :lol:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »
+1
When I see the good throwers, I try to take them out at a decent range. Once they are in juke and jiving range, they have the advantage over an archer.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:06 pm »
When I see the good throwers, I try to take them out at a decent range. Once they are in juke and jiving range, they have the advantage over an archer.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:27:42 pm by Tzar »

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
« Reply #295 on: August 08, 2012, 03:21:53 am »
I have a dedicated thrower.  Currently 154 WPF in throw, and 0 in anything else.  Throwing lances... you can only carry 4.  They miss even at very close range 4 of 5 times (I pick them back up obviously).  I remember when a throwing lance was a deadly threat (as it should be).  People hunted me down on that alt or ran for cover; even though at BEST I could get 3-4 kills from them and then be forced to pick up a weapon somewhere.  Now... its just a joke.  Even IF I hit them... likely it will take 2 hits to kill them, so thats 4-10 throwing attempts.  So you can imagine... Miss, miss, miss, (and if I am lucky) HIT!  But he lives and I'm out of ammo.  I can't even endure using lances currently, its so bad.  Used to be fun even though I died a lot.  Now... its just dying a lot.  And horses just keep on going with 1-2 lances in them.

So, try throwing spears for more ammo...  spam spam spam.  Doesn't have any real feel of control.  Doesn't have any real feel of "I planned that shot".  But spamming with the most ammo u can is the only way to even get hits, and even then I can barely break even KDR.  I understand people hate range and don't want it to dominate.  But, when you have a fully dedicated thrower... and no one sees you as a threat anymore.  Something is wrong.

Like Silveredge who had both his xbow and mace nerfed.  I no longer fear him.  In fact, its kinda sad to see him now.  Guess Chesta and some others gonna be the same way?

Just a thought, but too much "balance"/micro management of everything can diminish the fun of the game...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:25:02 am by seddrik »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2012, 03:55:24 pm »
+2
Pure throwing is a gimmick, it's never gonna be balanced properly and it would be silly to try. People complaining about their pure throwing char sucking really gotta wake up and realize this is the deal.

Throwing's real strength is hybrid, as a sidearm for melee.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2012, 04:02:03 pm »
Pure throwing is a gimmick, it's never gonna be balanced properly and it would be silly to try. People complaining about their pure throwing char sucking really gotta wake up and realize this is the deal.

Throwing's real strength is hybrid, as a sidearm for melee.

QFT
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #298 on: August 08, 2012, 05:27:59 pm »
Pure throwing is only a gimmick build if you are the only one doing it. Once you have a handfull of dedicated throwers with the same banner (thus on the same team) it is pretty scary.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #299 on: August 08, 2012, 07:11:25 pm »
Not that scary, when say Hospitaller tries it, the only guys who are dangerous are the ones who are actually experienced throwers like chucky and combaticus, the other 3-4 are just chumps.

Those 2 guys should make hybrids also, they would still get a lot of throwing kills, but since they are skilled players, they wouldn't waste so much time running, they would be applying their effectiveness better to team efforts by spending more time actually fighting instead of running. They'd die less to archers and cav.