Poll

Do you think that repairs should be banned? (Re-edited for smart asses)

Yes
No
No just reduce the costs

Author Topic: downsizing or plain getting rid of repairs (Reasons why)  (Read 3260 times)

Offline MrRicky

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In Alan Rickman we trust.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Impresionante Salsa
  • Game nicks: Isalsa_MrRicky
downsizing or plain getting rid of repairs (Reasons why)
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:12:07 pm »
I know what alot of the admins will say when they see this "Oh great another Bitch moaning about getting rid of repairs" but i have actually got to say it is ruining Crpg

Reasons Why we need to get rid of Repairs:

I've been mentioning this on a couple of servers and i have got to say... Alot of the replys where "You will get the best armor straight" Ok This is a load of crap, as it took me 18hours to even get close to buying the armour but by then i was already lvl 26 and had multiple debts which leads me onto my next argument that ok i used a normal crossbow (which costs 10k) and first time using without dieing i spent 700 on repairs..... are you kidding i could buy a nice piece of fur armour with that but instead i got a threat note saying "You Might want to fix that" as if the actual server diliberatly destroyed my items, yeah so the upkeep for any item on this game is ridicolous so im stuck wearing shitty fur which btw there is nothing fun about it...honestly before lvl 26 i played this game 5hours a day thats how amazing it was but since i was burdened with repairs i barely play 30mins without being fustrated at losing all the money i made using teamwork and a feck load of  stimulant drinks.... I know what i'm asking will be most unlikely but if you could atleast decrease the repair costs or alternativly by getting rid of repairs you could always use other ways to stop players for example you could Increase the lvls of all armours so everybody will actually need to concentrate on levels instead of worrying if they will have enough money to repair there little clubs or peseant knives.   Thanks for reading all this, looking forward for the admins agreeing with me :)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: downsizing or plain getting rid of repairs (Reasons why)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »
+7
It's hard to have a compelling argument when your entire post is like one huge long run-on sentence and its really hard to read do you know what I mean its like trying to listen to someone talking really fast and you get the gist of what they're saying but you don't really have anything specific stick in your mind and its too frustrating to bother reading again.

:)

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 12:26:22 am »
+3
I've often wondered why people seem to have so much issue with repairs, as I've only seen things break when I'm dumb enough to purchase something expensive without leaving a reasonable buffer beforehand.  A good armor rating (~40) set for head, body, and legs should not cost you more than 30k, with weapon depending on your class.  Cavalry is different, yes, and so you need more of a buffer there.  However, as it stands, I can't reasonably state that repair is an issue if you wisely manage your money: look beyond the upkeep you pay at the end of each round, and start looking at your gains overall during a round of gameplay.  If you're having issues with upkeep with a decent loadout of 30k, then consider using less expensive equipment until you have a good 5k-10k gold saved up for buffer. 

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:15:56 am by Brrrak »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 12:58:50 am »
+1
And lo, they did herp and derp and poo was born from it.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:22:52 am »
This is the same argument given every time. I agree with Brrrak, I've never had any issue dealing with repairs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:16 am »
I'm confident that I have enough gold to wear the Weimar helmet+Black Armor+Heavy Guantlets and use a flamberge for at least a full generation or two.

Your idea would have everybody [except for awesome red shirt wearers] using full plate at level 30, widening the level gap even more :|. Perhaps invest more wpf. Also, it doesn't matter the type of armor you wear as long as you can block [barring ranged deaths].
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:27:42 am by Wraist »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 10:39:55 am »
+5
Very fair poll. Stopped reading there.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 10:58:32 am »
The effect of reducing repairs is making people run in higher end armor. People run in high enough end armor already.

It's not hard to run in decent gear while gaining money really. It just won't be full plate.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 11:36:59 am »
I can't believe people are still to stupid to realize that if you plant a biased poll people here are going to vote against whatever you are pushing towards regardless of what they personally believe.

Beyond that upkeep is a joke.

If you are Gen 1 you get a free set of levels to do nothing but get free money to build a buffer.

If you are beyond Gen 1, why didn't you sell your loom? 1 loom is enough to support heavy cav for multiple generations, don't tell me whatever gear you're using costs significantly more than my mamluk/dhurizina elite/h. lance/gloves + shield.

If you are worried about upkeep you are playing CRPG terribly wrong. The marketplace has destroyed the concept of upkeep being a mitigating factor.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:37:45 am »
The cost for cavalry should reduce a little since the upkeep is insane. Also as a plate charger user myself.........

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 11:41:51 am »
The cost for cavalry should reduce a little since the upkeep is insane. Also as a plate charger user myself.........

I agree, cavalery totally needs another buff, we do not have enough of them right now.
I see so few Plated Chargers around lately and i miss my elephants =(
Are you high?

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 11:45:27 am »
I agree, cavalery totally needs another buff, we do not have enough of them right now.
Are you high?

This is CRPG, nerf archery, buff cav. People will complain all day in-game about cav but never on the forums because they're too busy nerfing any sort of ranged into oblivion again.

By the way, every ranged nerf is a cav buff so thanks for that i guess.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 11:46:52 am »
I can't believe people are still to stupid to realize that if you plant a biased poll people here are going to vote against whatever you are pushing towards regardless of what they personally believe.

Beyond that upkeep is a joke.

If you are Gen 1 you get a free set of levels to do nothing but get free money to build a buffer.

If you are beyond Gen 1, why didn't you sell your loom? 1 loom is enough to support heavy cav for multiple generations, don't tell me whatever gear you're using costs significantly more than my mamluk/dhurizina elite/h. lance/gloves + shield.

If you are worried about upkeep you are playing CRPG terribly wrong. The marketplace has destroyed the concept of upkeep being a mitigating factor.

Is that means if I play on my gen 1 main forever without retiring i will never have to repair anything? Really?

Are you high?

Aye Meow,  i can do another update for the elephant ....

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:10 pm »
Is that means if I play on my gen 1 main forever without retiring i will never have to repair anything? Really?

This used to be an exploit, it has since been fixed. You don't have to repair for lvls 1-25, unless you respec in which case you start repairing immediately.

Honestly I don't think giving newbies the first 25 levels free of repair is good. I see too many of them grabbing the heaviest, most expensive equipment they can during this time, then when upkeep hits all they have is plate and have to sell it all. Making upkeep hit from the very beginning makes it easier to ease into it, as they start with low tier equipment and can balance upkeep cost with income as they go, rather than getting hit by it all at once with good gear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 12:02:04 pm »
This is CRPG, nerf archery, buff cav. People will complain all day in-game about cav but never on the forums because they're too busy nerfing any sort of ranged into oblivion again.

By the way, every ranged nerf is a cav buff so thanks for that i guess.

No worries, i am very aware of that, sadly can do nothing except for posting about it myself.
But that is another thread i guess, mainly the rebuff throwing and slow ranged weapons - remove damage nerf from body shots for horses one :mrgreen:

18hours

After you get in about ten times that amount of play time you will understand how upkeep as gold sink plays an important role in making lower priced gear useful and keeping the marketprices from going up even faster.

No that means if you are gen1 and below 10k money as well as below a certain level you will not pay upkeep.
If you reach that level or rerespec/retire that is not possible anymore if i am updated on that mechanic.

It's so newbies can make some money before they get hit by upkeep, not so people can use plated chargers in black armor forever.

Aye Meow,  i can do another update for the elephant ....

Nah, i meant the Plated Charger, i do not really want war elephants.
When i see a Plated Charger on the field right now i always go d'awwww, they just look so hilarious with their tank like armor plates and all.