Author Topic: Really melee-ers?  (Read 12012 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: Really melee-ers?
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15:16 pm »
+1
So I've noticed how happy melee-ers are. For months they Bit**** and complained about how "overpowered" archery was. So now we are underpowered, happy?

Yes, yes we are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »
+1

isnt this precisely the point of an archer?

Hitting like a tank, sure, that's the point of any build that relies on a Strength-based stat. But to be able to hit like a tank- from range, not with a sword or axe or what have you- AND being able to consistently maintain that range against the majority of shield wearers, is ridiculous. What is presumed by many to be the natural counter for, and what should, in my opinion, be the natural counter for archers, are typically too encumbered to catch up with them. Even my 9/27 9ath Padded Leather + Knightly Heater + Flanged Mace user has trouble catching up with archers who cannot possibly be hitting that hard if they too have 9 athletics. That is and has been my main issue with archery. Hit like a tank, move like a gazelle. Needed balance, though the nerf was too extreme.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »
Anyone who is FOR the archery nerf should try playing archery for a gen.

I did, before the nerf, and I had a hard time playing well and contributing much towards the team...let along getting actual kills.

Nerf unnecessary.

I tried to make a STF archer alt but I was broke after a map or two buying a tartar bow and tartar arrows and a hand-axe to really get a feel for it.
And how!

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2012, 09:28:45 pm »
Only thing i have complained as melee  is Katana Speed/damage its crap 105 speed with 37 cut nerf it to 32 .  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:45:00 pm by joosto »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:59 pm »
+1
It's basically the length of a one-hander though.
And how!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2012, 09:44:22 pm »
Also it is overpriced.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ohayashi

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Red Lotus
  • Game nicks: RL_Umamawari_Fuchs
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2012, 09:53:11 pm »
+2
is something wrong with homosexuality.

Homosexuality is a biological anomaly, of this there can be no debate. Does that render it inherently wrong? Depends upon your societal values.
If it kills me, it's OP.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:05 pm »
I don't mind if archery was nerfed, i don't get how xbows were nerfed, xbows= anti tin-can, which means it's going to do very high damage if you don't have any tin-can armor on. Also xbow isn't like archery where you sit far away and shoot all day, xbowman(with an arbalest) got 13-26 bolts to shoot, the bolt when shot drops more than an arrow, it takes around 5-10 seconds to reload, and if your able to dodge the bolt, the xbowman has to resort to their melee.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:58 pm »
Homosexuality is a biological anomaly, of this there can be no debate. Does that render it inherently wrong? Depends upon your societal values.

You are a biological anomaly.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00:01 pm »

Well not really. What is a biological anomaly already is vague enough. But even some animals have homosexual behaviors, although their mean of reproducing is sexual (not asexual), just like us humans. Birds with a strong social structure and mammals (mostly primates and sea mammals) are the most likely to display homosexual behavior.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2012, 10:01:22 pm »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »
The problem is that dev's listen to people complaining, and then they nerf something and completely fuck over the game balance. 

Archery is certainly a joke now (coming from someone who's never picked up a bow in crpg).  I have 12 strength and 2 iron flesh.  With a middle of the line armor that I wear (mail shirt) I can take a shot from a bodkin arrow and only do about 1/7 or 1/8 damage to my health. 

Just because a lot of people bitch about something, even a majority, doesn't mean catering to them is logical or based on rational reasoning.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:10:15 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »
The problem is that dev's listen to people complaining, and then they nerf something and completely fuck over the game balance. 

Archery is certainly a joke now (coming from someone who's never picked up a bow in crpg).  I have 12 strength and 2 iron flesh.  With a middle of the line armor that I wear (mail shirt) I can take a shot from a bodkin arrow and only do about 1/7 or 1/8 damage to my health.

We were playing around with horse archery and even a headshot from an MW hornbow + barbs didn't kill someone with a sarranid veiled helm 47 head armour and I had to finish them off with a couple of bodyshots. So much for the headshot buff working. With HA it's completely useless. Not point even trying.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:10:57 pm by Overdriven »

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2012, 10:11:51 pm »

Just because a lot of people bitch about something, even a majority, doesn't mean catering to them is logical or based on rational reasoning.
I didn't see many bitch about the xbow, yet they nerf ALL range.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2012, 11:04:55 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNwsH2Y-I3c

Watch that video.  The aiming reticule might give you an idea what archers have to deal with.  Unless you're REALLY CLOSE you can't effectively aim at the head consistently because there is too much randomness regarding where the arrow is going to land.  Sure you can try to aim your shots up a bit higher, but you will miss much more often with your arrows while having a marginally better chance at scoring a head shot.

So archers will still have to fire arrows "mindlessly" (which isn't further from the truth btw for good archers) yet there was no change to actually make headshots any more likely.

Now, if missile speed & accuracy were improved across the board I would be more willing to let the recent changes slide, because good archers actually COULD aim for the head a bit better.
I know the reticule is bad and I do believe that archers should get a small accuracy buff. Tho to me it seems like the archer in that video has maybe a little less wpf in archery than pure archers have. It looks bigger than the one I used to have at least.

But tbh after giving it some thought, if I were still an archer myself I would probably want this to be reverted. So yeah, I support the archers on this one after giving it some thought. Other than that I would like that archers got more accuracy and missile speed, but less normal speed. I like the feeling of slow and powerfull archers, but that is only my opinion tho :wink: