Author Topic: Really melee-ers?  (Read 12015 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 877
  • Infamy: 2845
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Really melee-ers?
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2012, 01:48:39 am »
I noticed some different behavior the last 2 day. The accuracy and damage of bows seems to be even more nerfed now. At first I just thought its my imagination but the hornbow surely was not this inaccurate. Sometimes I missed stationary targets at mid range what was not the case 3 days ago.

Then I noticed that all of a sudden 80% of my headshots are not lethal anymore. "OK" I thought, maybe I just shot very highly armored targets. THEN however I took out my longbow + loomed bodkins + 8PD and shot peoples heads happily and they refused to die. Just some minutes ago I shot someone 5 times in the body with this build/equip without lethal result. When I shot someones head and it took 3 additional bodyshots to kill him I seriously was not sure if this is some kind of a new cheat or something.

Did archery get nerfed again ? Is this a joke of some kind ? Is it april fools ? Halloween ? ...

Edit: Oh and I just want to point out that "ghost arrows" seem to occur at a 40% chance now instead of the usual 30%. Wtf is happening to this mod ?

I've just been pwned by Inhumane.

You suck as an archer, even tho you have bloody autoaim.

EoD.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2012, 11:06:16 am »
Only reply from trolling cannonfodder so far ?

bump
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »
Only reply from trolling cannonfodder so far ?

bump

DUDE: Unless you got MW arrow + bow on lvl 31+ toon and can make headshots so continually that the fact the there is NO hitbox there half the time doesnt affect you, you wont kill anything with a bow, stop raging: Archery was effectily moved to the same corner as pikemen: Every can have a blast at it but your not gonna get kills and enjoy yourself unless you have nerded at that class for the last 2 years.
I don't know enough

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2012, 08:28:47 pm »
DUDE: Unless you got MW arrow + bow on lvl 31+ toon and can make headshots so continually that the fact the there is NO hitbox there half the time doesnt affect you, you wont kill anything with a bow, stop raging: Archery was effectily moved to the same corner as pikemen: Every can have a blast at it but your not gonna get kills and enjoy yourself unless you have nerded at that class for the last 2 years.

While a minimum of this is true, the problem I describe occured several days after the nerf has been applied. As I said, about 3 days ago I was stillt able to get more than 20 kills a map every now and then, plus headshots were pretty much insta kills. But now it seems even headshot damage has been nerfed to 67%. Also please dont post if you havent played archer lately DUDE.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2012, 10:01:44 pm »
OK DUDE!
I don't know enough

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2012, 10:17:15 pm »
this nerf is really getting on my nerves, this nerf turned this game to shit for xbows

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2012, 04:17:03 am »
+1
-snip-
 the by far highest damage overall (31 pierce stab on poleaxe eg)
-snip-
Just gonna quote this as proof that you should never, ever listen to BlackMilk when it comes to balancing or anything related to how this game works:

Because saying that the 31 pierce stab of a poleaxe is the "by far highest damage overall" I'm just gonna point out that Morningstar does 37 Pierce [just checked. Morningstar now does 38(!) pierce damage] and Great Maul does 43 blunt. Anyone stupid enough to bitch about the "super-op-unfair-damage" of polearms needs to get their brains looked at.  2hs deals the most damage. End of story.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2012, 11:33:08 am »