Author Topic: Version 0.261  (Read 41260 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: Version 0.261
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2012, 08:58:08 pm »
Right, it's completely fair now! Bows are almost completely useless against heavy armor. Never been more balanced!

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2012, 11:49:10 pm »
+2
why did throwing get a god damn nerf?
Just a soldier

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2012, 11:50:17 pm »
Right, it's completely fair now! Bows are almost completely useless against heavy armor. Never been more balanced!

Yes, finally it pays to choose to be so slow and to pay so much upkeep.

Finally there is really a difference between good and bad archers, it's not "point and click" any more, it finally needs real skill, like melee.

why did throwing get a god damn nerf?

That's a different story, though. I think you could perhaps revert the lowered damage on body hits but leave the increased head shot damage, and instead only nerf the damage value of bows. Crossbows and throwing weapons cause that much damage per shot, that the additional headshot damage won't be much of a buff for them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:52:10 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2012, 12:23:10 am »
Yes, finally it pays to choose to be so slow and to pay so much upkeep.

Upkeep is not an issue anymore. Everyone has plenty of gold. I am currently using an Arbalest and Transitional Armor, and I still don't pay nearly as much as most cavalry players. Upkeep for both items is roughly the same. If you feel slow get more athletics. I'll have 8 at level 30.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:27:35 am by Gristle »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2012, 12:27:14 am »
We had too many archers before, it was too easy for them to score kills, never mind if through skill or through luck, and this has been changed now. I understand you are not lucky about this change, and most likely it will feel very unfair for you, but just try to imagine how much effort I as infantryman have to put in to kill someone, and how much a bowman has. And if both of us fail, who will be dead more likely? The archer who missed or the infantryman who failed?

Just ask yourself what makes you choose to play the game that is unique for its melee in a way you can play hundreds of other games? I think for many people the answer is: because they think it's the easier way to score kills.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:18 am »
Never. Ranged + Mod is once again alive and kicking.
It's only because of rageball, not this nerf.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2012, 12:40:29 am »
Using medieval ranged weapons is also fairly unique to this game. I play a hybrid, because I wanted a build that could handle multiple situations. Many people choose to make single purpose builds, but I find they have too many weaknesses. Rather than improve their builds, they cry for nerfs.

I am as familiar with being infantry as I am being ranged. If you want to reach that archer, you have to move out of his sight. Find a way around the fight. If you are charging directly at him, you need to be prepared and able to take a shot or 2. Maybe try to distract them so cavalry can get them. If all else truly fails, wait for flags. So many people either refuse that option, or forget about it completely.

I understand EU has many issues with camping. Can't tell you what to do about that. NA is not nearly as bad in that regard.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2012, 02:15:58 am »
I sold off all of my MW Archery Gear right at the best time. Now that I'm heavily armored and playing Melee, archery just tickles, even +3 Bodkins from a +3 Rus or Horn bow I have time to stop, type "LMFAO FEED ME ARCHER" and then run them down and kill them.

Yeah, range got shit on.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2012, 02:32:45 am »
Finally there is really a difference between good and bad archers Agi whores and PD users, it's not "point and click" any more, it finally needs real skill, like melee.

I totally agree.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2012, 02:40:59 am »
I totally agree.

Well, the AGI whores decided to hit a target several times (= rely on aiming), while PD users rather followed the plan of maximizing the effect when they score a lucky hit. So the new change seems to give everyone what he deserves...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2012, 02:44:40 am »
Well, the AGI whores decided to hit a target several times (= rely on aiming), while PD users rather followed the plan of maximizing the effect when they score a lucky hit. So the new change seems to give everyone what he deserves...

Except that the difference is so large now that the PD users who use Rus or Longbow are now using largely useless builds.

Now that headshots went from largely damaging to a volcano erupting in your face, agi builds are completely favoured.

No one in their right mind is going to go for bodyshots anymore.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:46:35 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2012, 03:17:07 am »
+2
We had too many archers before, it was too easy for them to score kills, never mind if through skill or through luck, and this has been changed now. I understand you are not lucky about this change, and most likely it will feel very unfair for you, but just try to imagine how much effort I as infantryman have to put in to kill someone, and how much a bowman has. And if both of us fail, who will be dead more likely? The archer who missed or the infantryman who failed?

Just ask yourself what makes you choose to play the game that is unique for its melee in a way you can play hundreds of other games? I think for many people the answer is: because they think it's the easier way to score kills.

If you didn't like the dynamics why didn't you go archer if you thought they had such a good deal?  Just as I suspected this is all about class jealousy.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2012, 03:23:57 am »
Honestly as a pick user, I use about the same effort to kill someone as I did old archery...

Nerf Pick?

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2012, 03:37:10 am »
everything past .262 = useless complaining.

Shut up, it was probably just battlegroups.  God damn.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2012, 03:40:51 am »
All I know is that once I was afraid of chestaclese and his god damn darts and lastnight he hit me and it did about an 8th of my health.
And how!