Author Topic: you've nerfed archery again, but you still haven't increased 'skill'.  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: you've nerfed archery again, but you still haven't increased 'skill'.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:42 pm »
you cry for a nerf, i sigh because i see a buff

when i go round on horseback on a champion large warhorse a blue churburg cuirass and a blue great helmet, that i want to approach an archer i just get ONE SHOT.

they just stand there, watch me approach and when i uncover from my shield, boom headshot.

You know how much i pay for that equipment to get one shot by one shitty piece of arrow? I'm now avoding archers

so seriously screw you with your  F****** whine

(rage mod off)

Most archers could one shot by hitting the head even before this patch.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 07:41:59 pm »
truely not as much, I'v just had 3 rounds in a row where i got one shot by an arrow
and still a headshot wouldnt always result in an instant punishement for daring going near to an archer
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:45:19 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 07:49:16 pm »
truely not as much, I'v just had 3 rounds in a row where i got one shot by an arrow
and still a headshot wouldnt always result in an instant punishement for daring going near to an archer

I played cav myself today and I didn't even lose half my hp to incoming arrows or bolts, although I have only 1 Ironflesh, only 15 str and only tuninc over mail.

You sure someone didn't throw his mega epic 2h sword into you? :D

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 07:59:11 pm »
since when do 2h sword throw arrows? derp

you probably zoomed around on the lighter horses...

anyways, my post was more a : dont complain you'v got a nice plus there
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:20:07 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »
+1

Now,
ranged weapons deal more damage to the head and less to all other bodyparts.

Now it is;
53% to legs |   67% to body | 263% to head
Before the patch it was;
80% to legs | 100% to body | 210% to head

I will stop playing as an archer untill the devs remove this crappy damage system again.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:29 pm »
I will stop playing as an archer untill the devs remove this crappy damage system

Yeah its total crap you have to have skill/aim now as an archer an not just spray n pray anymore... fuuuu devs

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:50:58 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »
I guess in 6 months from now, every time you will get hit by an arrow a little window pops up telling you

"Oh snap ! you got hit by an arrow. Do you want to allow the arrow to hit you ?"

letting you either select "allow the hit", "dont allow the hit" or "reflect damage to shooter with a 10000% scale". And Im pretty sure even then melees would still complain ...

€ also:

^
Facial expression of the average melee gayalot that gets hit by ranged attack, before he runs to his mommy ( devs ) crying for nerf.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:07:56 pm by XyNox »

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 09:15:44 am »
Get some ironflesh and you can survive MW Arbalest with MW bolts to the chest, while stark naked, at short range.  lal.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 09:25:01 am »
Yeah its total crap you have to have skill/aim now as an archer an not just spray n pray anymore... fuuuu devs

I was actually getting at how there is no more skill than before because for half the bows the arrow still flies off in a random direction from the crosshair, making it more luck and a gamble when you hit someones head at anything other than point blank range.

Offline pOLLACABALLO

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: mERCENARIES
  • Game nicks: pOLLACABALLO
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 01:30:27 pm »
And for the record, playing archery from lvl 0 to lvl 29 is useless, i mean YOU CANT AIM. 95% arrows are randomly scattered over the 5cm wide pointer.. and even if that 5% hit the guy, you cant kill him, even less now. Nice devs. You destroyed archery. Some guys may be happy.

So, you only play archery if you are lvl 31, or 30. But 152 vs 163 wpf makes the diference. You point to, and you get  50% of accuracy. Now you guys nerfed the body dmg. Its ok as i told you i aim for the head, well you cant aim for the head in almost 30levels. And that means you cant play archery till then.

1. Archers need to loom 2 items to have MW weapon. On despite of some other classes. So we need 6 looms or 6 generations to have MW, on despite of 2h, 1h(shield is not a weapon), and polearms, that only have to loom 3 times to get ther weapon ready. That means you cant play for 29+29+29+29+29+29= 174 levels on wich you CANT AIM HAHAHA

2. Archers need to get lvl 30-31 to aim, and even there, we have 50% accuary.

3. Archers always get oneshot from ANYONE out there, you know why? because if you use more than 7kg armor, your wpf/accuracy decreases... we practice naked? :S

4. Archers got their ladders removed, well since we couldnt take ladders with us, it relied on 2h guys, the only guys that have free spots on inventory. (but then, this guys complain about archers, no sense). Dont want archers on their roof? put ladders yourself and let your archers get to a roof. Its a war game, strategy is a must. Insted of whinning devs.

5. Archers are peasants but with bows. So its the less OP class. And please dont discuss this. We have 0 chance in melee fights. 0 wpf cuz we need it to try to aim remember that 95% of accuracy? and the 50% accuracy? Okay... So if we kill in melee, its because the other guy has no life, or either he is a nup.

And even if you manage to headshot a guy, some will rage and say archery is OP. And guys you cant treat 3 classes in the same way, Bows xbows and trowing are 3 diferent ways of fighting. Way different.

So devs, dont get fooled by the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Hysteria . Or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_psychogenic_illness. Please. Again PLEASE.

ty for listenin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:41:46 pm by yneoz »

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 01:39:54 pm »
Archery finally gets interesting...:-)

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
1. Archers need to loom 2 items to have MW weapon. On despite of some other classes. So we need 6 looms or 6 generations to have MW, on despite of 2h, 1h(shield is not a weapon), and polearms, that only have to loom 3 times to get ther weapon ready. That means you cant play for 29+29+29+29+29+29= 174 levels on wich you CANT AIM HAHAHA
Archers also get double benefit from looming. You could argue bows are or aren't balanced with this in mind, but regardless of if they are, it isn't that major difference anyway.

3. Archers always get oneshot from ANYONE out there, you know why? because if you use more than 7kg armor, your wpf/accuracy decreases... we practice naked? :S
Level 30 with 21 strength is 56hp. ANYONE won't oneshot you. 21 ps, 100 wpf, 33c attack (+3 Italian sword) for example oneshots 10 armor only with headshot or held down strike. Also unlike your arrows that has to be done from melee range.

4. Archers got their ladders removed, well since we couldnt take ladders with us, it relied on 2h guys, the only guys that have free spots on inventory. (but then, this guys complain about archers, no sense). Dont want archers on their roof? put ladders yourself and let your archers get to a roof. Its a war game, strategy is a must. Insted of whinning devs.
So it's strategy to pick up a ladder to spare slots and immediately plant it so archers can camp on roof for the whole round? Yes, very high level strategy and it's an outrage they removed it. Just kidding. I used to carry a ladder on both 2h and 1h + shield build just to get my team my old friendchers to better positions. There was no real tactic or strategy behind it. It was just an obvious move I'm surprised more people didn't do. If there was more weight on positioning ladders it'd be more interesting, but since they can be destroyed so easily you don't even need to place them well or defend them - archers can just sit on top of their camp roof and destroy ladders if anyone tries to plant new ones.

5. Archers are peasants but with bows. So its the less OP class. And please dont discuss this. We have 0 chance in melee fights. 0 wpf cuz we need it to try to aim remember that 95% of accuracy? and the 50% accuracy? Okay... So if we kill in melee, its because the other guy has no life, or either he is a nup.
0 chance in melee fights? You are probably just terrible. Sure, archers are at disadvantange at melee against melee builds - that's just natural - but a couple of points of power strike and a decent 1 slot weapon is definitely more than 0% chance to win even against decent player. Sure though, you are a peasant in melee if you pick 0 ps etc, but that is in no way forced.
[/quote]

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »
I play a 2hander 95% of the time and I think this change surely wasn't needed. Archers were only really good after heirlooming both their bow and arrows. First generation archers under level 30 already had a very hard time to get some kills. Removing ladders was enough. Please revert the damage change or give archers more accuracy.

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »
Im more intresting in this, if we have now 67% dmg, and if it is rain so we have some penalty, in some guides it says 25% dmg penalty when it is rain, so if it is rain i have only 52% dmg with my arbalest? then what the point for me to take it ? and pay so high repairs? when i can make more dmg with 1h simple hit?

And about arbalest- it is weapon for snipers, to shoot at long distance, it is just impossible to aim in head even with 170 wpf, if target is far from you )
so if distance is big we anyway needed 2 shoots, now we need 3- so to kill 1 enemy ranged i need 3 bolts, from my 13 bolts, and it is even worse if it is rain) just lol gj devs)
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline pOLLACABALLO

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: mERCENARIES
  • Game nicks: pOLLACABALLO
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »
Hahahaha well let me see.

Archers also get double benefit from looming. You could argue bows are or aren't balanced with this in mind, but regardless of if they are, it isn't that major difference anyway.

Benefit what? read what i said again mate. And ty for reading, if you did.

Level 30 with 21 strength is 56hp. ANYONE won't oneshot you. 21 ps, 100 wpf, 33c attack (+3 Italian sword) for example oneshots 10 armor only with headshot or held down strike. Also unlike your arrows that has to be done from melee range.

Archers cant use more than 15str or 18str. If you do so, you are a nap. And belive me, I get oneshot EVERYTIME. Try it.

So it's strategy to pick up a ladder to spare slots and immediately plant it so archers can camp on roof for the whole round? Yes, very high level strategy and it's an outrage they removed it. Just kidding. I used to carry a ladder on both 2h and 1h + shield build just to get my team friendly archers to better positions. There was no real tactic or strategy behind it. It was just an obvious move I'm surprised more people didn't do. If there was more weight on positioning ladders it'd be more interesting, but since they can be destroyed so easily you don't even need to place them well or defend them - archers can just sit on top of their camp roof and destroy ladders if anyone tries to plant new ones.

Of course placing a ladder is strategy, what did you smoke my friend?. You need me to draw it on a sheet of paper?

0 chance in melee fights? You are probably just terrible. Sure, archers are at disadvantange at melee against melee builds - that's just natural - but a couple of points of power strike and a decent 1 slot weapon is definitely more than 0% chance to win even against decent player. Sure though, you are a peasant in melee if you pick 0 ps etc, but that is in no way forced.

Well I wasnt terrible with 2h. Power strike cant use it, IF YOU WANT TO AIM 50% ONLY WHEN YOU BECOME LVL 31, YOU MUST HAVE 163 WPF WITH 7 WM AND YOU CAN GET YOUR HALF OF THE SHOOTS STABLE. And I need the 7ath (like almost every class, despite i wear less than 7kg thats why i run like flash) to at least, avoid cav couchs from guess where.. BEHIND HJAHHA. But since i use to spray arrows i need the 2 slots of them, that only gives me 0slot weapon to carry. And I tell you again my friend. Try it.

And to finish, please try it.