Author Topic: [NA] Canary_of_Chaos (old)  (Read 7994 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: [NA] Canary_of_Chaos
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 12:39:56 am »
I doubt people are trying to grief you with admin or anything, you just, from what I recall, have a horribly long ban history, and seem to get off on personally attacking admins when they do things as simple as a mute, or a very brief ban.

So when you admittedly break rules on the server, you are gonna get punished.  Probably harsher then some brand new player would.  My advice is to stop blaming the admins who have a say in whether or not you eventually get permabanned (I think you were already essay banned?) and making them think you are even worse of a player who "doesn't get it" then you may already be.

Be a normal, respectful player, follow the basic rules, and no admins will ever need to intervene against you.  Good day sir
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chaffee

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 02:32:45 am »
I don't know if this is you canary but while on siege at 7:30 P.M. CST I was upgrading my character because I had been playing for about an hour and was at level 6 and I decided to take the time to upgrade my stats (we were attacking and I wasn't killing people so I thought it was the perfect time) I am doing a polearm and put three skills into WM and I was putting the WP points into polearm (it was around 130 so it takes time barely four minutes). This is what happens I am teamwounded by one person I say my old friend and report them for TW they call me leecher I tell them that I was upgrading my character a person by the name Canarus (this is why I think it was you canary) comes up kicks me and reports me countless times for leeching I say dude I can't even improve my character without people flipping shit. I am then kicked from the server, pardon my rage here but thats bullshit I can't even stand still for four minutes and improve my guy without being labeled as a leecher. Please Canary or who ever it was ask what I am doing then do whatever just don't assume based on a third party without knowing all of the details.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 03:11:37 am »
Today? Like 30 minutes ago? I haven't been on siege all week. I also don't have an alt named "Canarus".

What is your character name? What day did this happen on? You were on NA_2 siege? By "comes up kicks me" I suppose you mean with his foot, not with admin powers.

If you want, you can make a ban request (on the appropriate board) and we can look through the logs for what happened and possibly take care of the guy who did it.

I'm not sure if you had the game minimized or were putting stats in with the 'C' function, but if you do ever minimize the game, especially on siege, I recommend you go spectator, it might help avoid situations like this.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »
"I am suspicious. It feels as though you're making these accusations as part of a joke. I don't think that you should be so deliberately defamatory like this while taking these allegations so lightly. " -Canary, Unban Huey Thread

Its easier to brand me a liar than to talk with your other chaos admins and find out who did that, I highly doubt the one who did will fess up anyhow but even if they did I'm sure it'd be just a verbal warning given (while other non admins get banned for the same reason). I didn't take a screenshot because I sincerely believed what happened wouldn't ever come up, but I will from now on.

And I don't think you should be an admin if you can't be impartial.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 08:38:41 pm »
You have no idea who the player was, so why would there be any faith that you got the clan right either? You said you thought it was Ganner, another player said no it was Canary, someone else said the name Canarus, which isn't a Canary alt.
It doesn't take a lack of impartiality to believe you were simply saying anything you could in order to deflect the subject in that thread away from the topic at hand, which was Huey's unban.
Maybe you did see a Chaos admin, maybe you just saw a Chaos player, or maybe you even just saw someone with the banner Chaos uses doing it. Who knows? Maybe none of the above?

Next time have your story straight and people won't be inclined to say that you are making part or all of it up, especially when it is part of your effort to defend someone else's rule breaking.

That's my impartial take on it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »
I like turtles.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:41 pm »
You have no idea who the player was, so why would there be any faith that you got the clan right either? You said you thought it was Ganner, another player said no it was Canary, someone else said the name Canarus, which isn't a Canary alt.
It doesn't take a lack of impartiality to believe you were simply saying anything you could in order to deflect the subject in that thread away from the topic at hand, which was Huey's unban.
Maybe you did see a Chaos admin, maybe you just saw a Chaos player, or maybe you even just saw someone with the banner Chaos uses doing it. Who knows? Maybe none of the above?

Next time have your story straight and people won't be inclined to say that you are making part or all of it up, especially when it is part of your effort to defend someone else's rule breaking.

That's my impartial take on it.

Nah, all I have to do now is be that kind of player with his pinky over the print screen button to mass report every single bit of hypocrisy and rule breaking I see. I brought up my point in a very civil way and was completely honest with what I knew and didn't know, so I thought that because I abide by the rules and try to not make an ass of myself all the time, people might actually look into it. I get how this works now and what kind of people I am dealing with.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2012, 09:24:04 pm »
I like that you followed the path of everyone else who didn't get the answer they wanted and accuse every Admin who comments of being biased. I don't belong to a clan, never have, and I don't hang out with the other Admins other than to chat about issues occuring on the servers.
If you think there is bias, go look at every other thread where a player comes in with unsupported accusations. They are locked. We don't go warn the player that was accused or call up their clan for a group warning, or announce that it is against the rules in pink chat the next time we join the server. Your accusation is being treated no differently than any other unsupported claim, and the fact that it was off-topic in an unban thread made it even less credible, even if it was civil; it was still unsubstantiated libel.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 08:23:54 am »
I didn't call you a liar, directly, I called maeday a liar when she tried to call me out for something that I know was fabricated in order to incriminate me.

When you said that Huey should be unbanned because of admin inconsistency, I tried to point out that I've always held the same belief when it comes to teamkilling, one which coincides with the rules: Intentional teamkilling during a round is NOT okay.

You tried to get Huey off on a technicality based on the way that one admin you couldn't even name supposedly interpreted the rules. Well, admins, especially we NA peasant mud-farming admins, do not make the rules. That particular rule could not be more clear, and if anyone is taking it to mean something else (likely under the "common sense" golden rule), it's their discretion, but not one that I believe falls in line with the idea behind the rules. I don't have faith in anyone's administration if they're behaving in that kind of way, not even people I like, so I am absolutely for screenshots if it means you won't start implicating people who are innocent because you can't remember the exact circumstances anymore.

I'm not seeing your reasoning behind calling me impartial, unless you mean that I'm favoring what I know to be true about myself, and that my knowledge of it supersedes what someone else made up about what I've done. maeday did lie, and that's not okay with me.

And I said that I was suspicious, not that I was disregarding everything you said. I was trying to look into it, to see which "one of the Chaos admins" would've said something like that, but unfortunately most of them aren't online during the same hours as I am these days. I shouldn't have suspected a joke, I guess, but you know how Huey threads tend to go.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »
Battle was down, and it was an average day on siege, no admins or anything.
Canary then just joins and bans Dread and mertin for team wounding, no warning or anything.
Then doesn't reply when some object and suggest a warning would've been better.

Sure it was only an hour ban, but a a warning or kick would have worked.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 09:54:17 pm »
Battle was down, and it was an average day on siege, no admins or anything.
Canary then just joins and bans Dread and mertin for team wounding, no warning or anything.
Then doesn't reply when some object and suggest a warning would've been better.

Sure it was only an hour ban, but a a warning or kick would have worked.
They had been griefing and causing drama for awhile at that point so I took it upon myself to get Canary. He witnessed it and dealt with it as necessary.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »
They had been griefing and causing drama for awhile at that point so I took it upon myself to get Canary. He witnessed it and dealt with it as necessary.
Certainly the right thing to do. Siege is never short on drama, it's like a high school
I just feel a ban, no matter how short, shouldn't have been the first thing to come.

Maybe an answer when asked "Why not a warning?" would not spike my suspicions and lower my opinion of Canary.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 05:28:28 am »
all my player-admin interactions with canary have been positive. Very fast responses to admin chat requests. People who aren't explicitly breaking rules get told in pink chat "you are bordering on breaking a rule, watch it" and only kicked if they keep it up. Sometimes the pink chat is sassy, but I do not find it hard to imagine the admin message sent to canary was less rude than the allchat things going on at any given time.

A++ responsive judicious admin would send i chat message again

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 07:10:06 am »
all my player-admin interactions with canary have been positive. Very fast responses to admin chat requests. People who aren't explicitly breaking rules get told in pink chat "you are bordering on breaking a rule, watch it" and only kicked if they keep it up. Sometimes the pink chat is sassy, but I do not find it hard to imagine the admin message sent to canary was less rude than the allchat things going on at any given time.

A++ responsive judicious admin would send i chat message again

+1 would sex again

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 04:40:37 pm »
Maybe an answer when asked "Why not a warning?" would not spike my suspicions and lower my opinion of Canary.

I happened to be in spectator at the time, so the only way I could've answered would have been in pinktext, which, contrary to my sometimes frivolous use of it, I don't like to use lightly. I was feeling rather taciturn at the time.

In situations like people fighting at spawn, what I try to have happen is the parties involved removed as soon as possible, and preferably before the fighting stops, that is, before someone gets TKed dead from it. One hour is the default setting for bans. I could have kicked them, and I could have banned them for a shorter period, it is true, but I feel that one hour is short enough not to cause too much of a fuss.

And siege is a wasteland. A dried up morass bereft of judgment and responsibility, populated by leftover scum and the people who try to keep their heads down long enough to work around them. I tend to be stiffer with punishments delivered there, because there's so much that needs to be done every time I go.