Author Topic: [NA] Canary_of_Chaos (old)  (Read 7977 times)

Offline TheSpartacus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
[NA] Canary_of_Chaos (old)
« on: January 16, 2012, 02:36:54 am »
Hello,

I was kicked from NA_crpg1 battle server by Canary_of_Chaos for starting a kick-poll for a player(Mongoliaserfz) who was hiding in a stack of hay at the end of a round. He was the last person remaining on the enemy team and kept shooting a crossbow from a stack of hay up on the second floor of a building(not 100% sure, but this may have been an unreachable location as well).

Two problems i have with Canary:
1. Doing nothing about a guy delaying the game.
2. Kicking me for starting a kick poll without a warning.

According to the server rules posted here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html is it not Ok to hide in hay as the last man standing "NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)"

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: [NA] Canary_of_Chaos
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:38:53 am »
BAN CANARY!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:51:15 pm »
Well I have a few issues with your issue. I was online at the time.

1: A player who is shooting at people is not hiding. If he is reloading inside a haystack or behind a tree it makes little difference. Shooting a xbow has a tendency to give away your position. So we disagree on your interpretation of delaying the game. This is in fact the primary issue. Too many players who feel that they can better interpret the rules of the server than the administrators that are online.

2: Seeing as you found the server rules in order to quote them, I think your 2nd complaint can be dismissed as well. Canary didn't need to give a warning for poll abuse when it states clearly in the rules that you should have stated the reason for the poll PRIOR to starting it.

No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll

This also applies:

NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle

You didn't like the playstyle, you disagreed with the admins online, and then you started a poll as a result without following the server rules for creating a poll in the first place.

If you want to take the time to be a rules lawyer and second guess the admins online, make certain you are following them.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:19:47 pm »
I believe Canary is filling Dextraa's role while he is away so this probably isn't the correct place to write your complaint.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:25:37 am »
Tydeus both Canary and Dexxtaa are admin.  :wink:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:11 am »
I was wondering how long it would take for me to get one of these threads.

I was kicked from NA_crpg1 battle server by Canary_of_Chaos for starting a kick-poll for a player(Mongoliaserfz) who was hiding in a stack of hay at the end of a round. He was the last person remaining on the enemy team and kept shooting a crossbow from a stack of hay up on the second floor of a building(not 100% sure, but this may have been an unreachable location as well).

According to the server rules posted here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html is it not Ok to hide in hay as the last man standing "NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)"

This is correct, if the last person alive is hiding in a spot where he's entirely obscured from view (to a degree) it's against the rules. I'm not entirely certain, but I think that his enemies knew where he was and were attempting to deal with him, in which case being in a spot where you're effectively invisible isn't exactly delaying, unless as you said it was an unreachable spot. I'm not sure it was.

Anyway, what happened, however, was that you started a poll and someone complained that you were vote-kicking them for no reason. As you probably know from having read the server rules yourself and as other folks here have said, poll abuse is also against the rules, and since no one complained about someone hiding in the hay, only about you having put up a poll for no supposed reason, the squeaky wheel got the grease, so to speak. I wasn't spectating the person you were vote-kicking, but I could see that you had in fact put up a poll. I took action accordingly.

Possibly a bad judgment call, assuming the situation was one in which the guy you put a poll against was really in the wrong, but honestly? Talk to admins! Use 'i' chat, it's there for a reason. I'm skeptical of your having a problem with my "doing nothing about a guy delaying the game" when no one ever alerted me to the fact that someone was supposedly misbehaving.

Anyway, it was just a kick. The worst that happened is that you lost precious seconds of playing time and your multiplier.

Congratulations on starting my admin feedback thread, though, because starting off on the footing of complaint always makes for a good impression.

Offline Dach

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:45 am »
Welcome to the club Canary!  :lol:

Tried to stay in the dark myself but if you do your job, you will get complaint...

(I'm still somewhat of a adminja, still don't have the admin tag on the forum  8-) )
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

Offline Socrates

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Philosophy is a way of life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ascended Order
  • Game nicks: Socrates
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 08:51:38 pm »
I'm still in the clear - Yes!
The act of justice is not determined by the state.

Offline Lord Lurk

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • I Be Lurkin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lord Jerk
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 08:59:34 am »
Complaint:

Someone was teamwounding in spawn and canary used admin chat to tell people to stop swinging in spawn. I then proceeded to make a joke about how I cant read bright pink chat(Which I do, I usually gotta hit L to see it unless its night on the map or theres a dark enough texture to background it against), and said something along the lines of "I cant read bright pink chat, I think it said swing in spawn."

A bad joke, I know, but theres tons of that anyways. I was prompty muted by canary, in which I didnt really care except when the mute lasted for roughly an hour, give or take a few minutes. When I was finally unmuted 3-4 maps later, after asking in adminchat if I was to ever be unmuted, I made a comment about how enjoyable long mutes for a silly comment is fun, which I was then told by canary to "go cry about it."

I normally wouldnt care too much, but I think chatting is at some point, especially when your dead, a way to enjoy the game some more by saying /boasting/complaining/gibberish crap in chat with the community. It just seems bad when an admin responds that way for, in my eyes, a bit excesive punishment for something that wasnt a big deal in the first place. I'd almost go as far as to say this was personal but I wouldnt have dirt to back that up with anyways.

All in all, I just felt like I was unjustly punished and given a big "F U" when saying something about it, and was told to go cry about it, so I figured why not. Nothing will probably come of this(Me assuming), cause I have yet to seen any punishment given to an admin that just didnt out-right screw the servers population over. Almost brings back to mind the days of Goretooth's rampages when he was drinking, which canary stated he was plastered, and would perma ban people for the silliest things.

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 06:03:10 pm »
If you'd asked to be unmuted earlier, it probably would've happened. I think a lot of people forget about mutes as all the player has to do to clear it is reconnect if they forget about it.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »
Complaint:

I was digging in a mine today and I brought a canary and it fucking died

WHY GOD

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Dach

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 10:21:31 pm »
Yep advice for all muted player, we admin usually forget about it... happened to me too.

So if you find that you mute as been long enough, you can ask nicely in I chat to get it removed.

:)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 12:51:25 am »
Why isn't Chaos mass banned yet??

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 03:36:05 am »
We were, old news. Moving along.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:13 pm »
Why isn't Chaos mass banned yet??
 dynamike likes this

On topic: I think animating others to teamhitting is not a smart decision in itself and generally makes the admins' lives harder. Therefore a mute is warranted imo.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?