Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 38501 times)

Offline Morpher

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Oldmy old friend
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Morpher, UA_Bandera, Gold_Miner, etc
Re: Rageball
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2012, 02:00:38 am »
I love rageball only when playing in a good skilled team :D With ninjas at flanks, playmaker throwing a perfect passes, and defence breaking all attacks :)
But when you get into a noob team... Then rageball shows it's Dark Side. When you understand why it's named RAGEball :) It turnes into unbalanced shitty gamemode with neverending x1.
But when you win - it's perfect! :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2012, 02:19:57 am »
I agree.
I am not personally affected by this problem, but I understand the difficulty that some players may encounter.

The problem of being color blind is already penalized in real life ...
I am convinced that the modders can change the colors (green vs red) and make them compatible without difficulty.
(blue vs red works very well for example ...)

Thank you for taking this request concidération.
it would be a remarkable gesture of compassion.
Wait. So THAT'S why video game developers always chooses RED vs BLUE as their team colours! I KNEW there was a reason for it!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2012, 02:22:38 am »
It needs to be better policed; Khorin seems to be the only admin you ever see on the Rageball servers. I am sure people are getting away with using the autoblock hack, for instance.

Admins are not allowed to do anything to "suspected autoblockers" anyway.

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2012, 06:55:47 am »
+1
The icon on the ball changing color depending on who controls it would be nice too. grey for when it's dropped, red for enemy possession, and blue for friendly possession. The ball won't change color when it's thrown until a few seconds laying on the ground, so you know who passed it last.

People playing in the server would be cool, too.

EDIT: Someone throwing the ball in a way that makes it unreachable should automatically give it to the opposite team and give them a free throw to a teammate (similar to after scoring goal), like throwing out of bounds. Resetting to the center of the map isn't always the best solution.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:57:29 am by OzyTheSage »

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2012, 11:09:39 am »
EDIT: Someone throwing the ball in a way that makes it unreachable should automatically give it to the opposite team and give them a free throw to a teammate (similar to after scoring goal), like throwing out of bounds. Resetting to the center of the map isn't always the best solution.
Huh, it already does that. After 20s, moved the ball to closest entryp, only the opposite team can pick it up, and when they do it's a free kick.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2012, 05:17:28 pm »
Lots of people joke about autoblocking or aimbotting when they die, but I have seen some weird stuff like people blocking attacks they couldn't have seen. I remember suggesting that there was an autoblock cheat in use last April and being assured I was wrong and/or called a conspiracy theorist.

You mean this thread: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3519.0.html? Because when you made that thread the only auto blocker I know of hadn't been released yet. You'd also be surprised how much people can see with liberal use of the view outfit key.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2012, 09:25:23 pm »
rageball is really fun but seriously it gets fucked up by runner chars, agi whores, ninjas etc. also, lots of abbooozing happens with current score & balance system.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
No multis with less than 8 players
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:58 pm »
+2
I was wondering if we could improve the multi system, which prohibits gaining multipliers when there's less than 8 players, to at least allow gaining x 2.

Once the server is less than 8 players, it just dies and is real hard to populate again because there's no point in staying. So if we could at least gain x 2 maybe people would stay long enough to repopulate.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: No multis with less than 8 players
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2012, 11:49:07 am »
I was wondering if we could improve the multi system, which prohibits gaining multipliers when there's less than 8 players, to at least allow gaining x 2.

Once the server is less than 8 players, it just dies and is real hard to populate again because there's no point in staying. So if we could at least gain x 2 maybe people would stay long enough to repopulate.

Indeed because if there are less than 8 players none of the team will get multi from scoring. rage ball sounds like football to me since i can kick the ball just like playing football. THIS IS MOUNT AND BLADE FOOTBALL!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:28 pm »
One question Ozin, when my team get x5, are we allow to keep the ball rolling and not scoring because we had x5?

What we want to do is just to keep the x5 rolling by defending our goal rather than attacking

Also Ozin i notice a bug. Very bad one. When i get the ball, i will run slower i know that , but when i score the goal. My running speed didn't come back and i was still slow as hell. (I am sure other people pick up the ball after i score so i should have my full speed back) but it didnt. Even rounds end or map changed my running speed didn't return to maximum speed. also some people from same clan joins together (Nords) and they keep wining every single time and i am on x1 for like 50 minutes . Please fix this
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:30:11 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2012, 08:04:38 pm »
Is it possible to remove the auto-server-password from the EU server? Sometimes I see 23/30 and its still passworded...

Can we also limit the NA Rageball server to 5 or 8 goals?  Without a cap of goals, the team with the better players that know what they're doing just keep raping the other team for 30 minutes until the map changes and the teams are switched up.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Ridicule

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ridicule, Ridiculous
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2012, 10:00:10 pm »
+2
The bug with keeping the speed debuff after scoring until you touch the ball again is very annoying.  I would rather pass the ball to someone else and let them score if I know that they will be able to get the shot off than go ahead and take the basket myself because of this. 

I have also had times where I haven't scored but have received the speed debuff until I touched the ball again.  The only thing that I can think of that caused this is that I kicked the ball too far and it ended up respawning.  I will have to pay more attention though and see if I can duplicate it.   

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Gay One
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2012, 04:41:07 am »
Any honest attempt at creating a Rageball League? TKoV has started drafting members into our squad.
"I know were gona lose strat, but lets leech all the xp we can."

Offline _451_ATS

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2012, 04:56:38 am »
+1
Any honest attempt at creating a Rageball League? TKoV has started drafting members into our squad.

Yes. I have a thread with a signup and need teams to start a season. It's in the events section.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2012, 08:17:28 am »
This mod is a lot of fun but i have few suggestions to make it way more better:

-On eu server , please make it football field map 7/24 ruins,desert and the other retardic hilly map is just so idiotic to play.Football field map is unique and really really fun :D

-There are retards who doesn't care about the game , i got bored of passing the ball to my teammate then watching him passing through the ball to kill some enemies....

-This game doesn't reward killing enemies directly but most of the guys in it still try to kill people by their "retardic instict" .
I think killing a guy outside of the ball's x meters of radius should be called as foul and give the player who did that a warning and a free kick for the opposing team.

-Each player should have like 3 warning chances per map , 3 warnings = kick out of the server !.

-Auto balance or something ? I want to play on same team with people i share my teamspeak.
That's why i have a clan and thats why we pay for a teamspeak , this mod is full of teamwork but it doesn't encourage people to use teamwork by it's weird roster system.Fix it somehow please .

-Reduce shield's protection . divide shield skill by 3 maybe ? Otherwise we'll see lots of 9 athletics/9shield naked runners with bucklers .
You can't hit a guy with shield therefore you can't take the ball from him. Or maybe scratch that idk just an idea i don't want to get lynched by shielders now  :lol: 

Autobalance , 7/24 stadium map and foul system is needed urgently i think.