Author Topic: Let's take a moment and LOL together.  (Read 19055 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Let's take a moment and LOL together.
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2012, 05:28:40 pm »
+1
IF you want smaller clans to have the same power as bigger clans then erm strat isnt for you. go and play more 5 vs 5 tournaments or something. In war games numbers count. you cant get rid of that.

Its the way of all war games like this. Bigger Kingdoms/Clans/Countries have more power and small ones use diplomacy and trade and opportunity/back hand deals to gain power and land.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2012, 05:36:24 pm »
IF you want smaller clans to have the same power as bigger clans then erm strat isnt for you. go and play more 5 vs 5 tournaments or something. In war games numbers count. you cant get rid of that.

Its the way of all war games like this. Bigger Kingdoms/Clans/Countries have more power and small ones use diplomacy and trade and opportunity/back hand deals to gain power and land.

i agree, this is the 1st reasonable comment from you :o)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2012, 05:40:08 pm »

Guess you dont read much then...
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:46 pm »

Not only numbers count. Quality also counts. Quantity often means lower quality in countless examples of warfare. This can apply to both skill and equipment. In strat having good quality equipment is an utter waste of time. It's expensiveness, and the fact it can easily be countered even by lower quality equipment, means that there is no incentive for small clans to focus on producing a highly effective, well equipped, but relatively small force. Whilst there is huge incentive for producing big peasant armies that can steam roll everything, hence why big clans have an extreme advantage over even medium sized clans, because they can produce far more peasant armies far faster.

I know the crafting skill should have gone some way to helping this, but this strat items were to expensive even with crafting skills and then a mixture of bugs and the fact that good equipment doesn't warrant the effort as it doesn't provide you with as much of an advantage as you think, and numbers count for everything.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:46:20 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »
+1

Even Templars get it right from time to time.  :twisted:

But he didn't mention a situation where not all the smaller clans want "power & land" for themselves. Maybe some would like to participate without having 50 000 troops and 15 fiefs ? I, for example, would like to have 300 well equiped men without owning a fief, because it fits our role-play and we want to do a raid or two, depending on our members activity which is not too big when it comes to scheduled events. Can i do it ? Maybe in the beginning when fiefs are empty but as soon as everything is taken its impossible because everyone skins you with fees in villages/towns/castles and you can't move anywhere without someone's permission or you get ganked. Bandits aside - there are many smaller clans with existence ideas of their own, maybe I'm being too demanding & unrealistic with this but in that case it should be stated clear from the start: "Proceed, Hero, into the Terror's Lair and know that you need to kiss a lot of devilish asses or you won't live long and prosperous." That way we'll know that we need to join DRZ if we want to do anything, I just started to learn the basics of Russian and i think i might become a good friend with them.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »
Guess you dont read much then...

who the fuck are you?
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:24 pm »
+1
who the fuck are you?

Some random asshole who just recently popped out of nowhere and started to throw his wisdom around, as if he was a Hybrid of Keshian & ToD.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:50 pm »
hes just a guy raging in every single thread :D

I dont really play strat anyway. I used too untill i took a sword on the chest :o (that guy is much cooler then arrow in the knee guy)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2012, 05:59:35 pm »
who the fuck are you?

The guy that rolled over you like a fat dog on a weak puppy when were learning to play.

(click to show/hide)

Although it would be nice to have some "lawless" places for bandits to raise troops, it would also make it unfair if you COULD do that, in that you could raid and retreat there without fear of reprisal. Im not defending current strat, I dont really play it except when my clan's strat leader tells me "Move here, do this, do that, come back, etc" because there really ISN'T much to do unless you are in a leader's seat...maybe the game needs tearing down and rebuilding, more on the lines of native SP, and maybe the map of calradia needs to be thrown out aswell.

Also, maybe your "300 well equipped men" would need to be 50 men with good gear, and things such as "Party type": Set it to RAIDERS and you pay little upkeep on men, but have limited goods capacity, but set it to CARAVAN and you pay more for upkeep but can carry very large loads. Things such as line of sight might be good too, allowing small fast moving parties to hide behind things and emerge when their partners, seemingly harmless peasants, give the word that a large caravan is moving past the woods/pass/bridge. There is a HUGE scope for what could be done if old schematics where throw out, but change is scary and chadz has this game already working, after a sort. Who knows, maybe great things are already in the works....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:03:36 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »
+1
The guy that rolled over you like a fat dog on a weak puppy when were learning to play.

Most of the people here that enter discussions have at least balls to not hide their factions and/or game names behind some random forum profiles. If you're such a fat dog that totally rolled me over like over a puppy, it should do you no harm to say who you are.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2012, 06:08:48 pm »
Although it would be nice to have some "lawless" places for bandits to raise troops, it would also make it unfair if you COULD do that, in that you could raid and retreat there without fear of reprisal.

Ofc It wouldn't be fair to have a "sanctuary" for Bandits, I never asked for it and i wouldn't want to see it as we're just throwing some general ideas here that need some extra thinking and solutions but you can't deny that smaller clans should exist in any form and have a chance of surviving at least on some smaller scale if they prefer so ? Or if not then at least Strat should have a notification so all those people with such ideas don't even enter it ?

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
Sometimes I have those moments when I dream of what would happen when if someone GTXs strat he'd just stop flooding these forums with his bitter cries.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:04 pm »
Ofc It wouldn't be fair to have a "sanctuary" for Bandits, I never asked for it and i wouldn't want to see it as we're just throwing some general ideas here that need some extra thinking and solutions but you can't deny that smaller clans should exist in any form and have a chance of surviving at least on some smaller scale if they prefer so ? Or if not then at least Strat should have a notification so all those people with such ideas don't even enter it ?

Like I posted above: There needs to be a niche for everyone, but maybe banditry IS the niche for all small factions at first, since logically: If you are not allied with a large kingdom, they will at some point want your land, so maybe hanging out as lawless goons untill you have the power to make yourself some right to rule by showing everyone your massive balls/armies: Landlessness and productivity DO need to be able to co-excist, Im not arguing with you. But currently the map is too small for much of that, so either we need another continent, or a complete new map, OR an area designated "The Free States" or somesuch, where AI controls the cities and they are NOT capturable, or make the AI land SO powerful they can easily retake what is theres, without encroaching into player areas: thus giving neutrals somewhere to build forces before venturing into the player areas.
I don't know enough

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »
Whoa this is seriously an hardcore whine thread with really pointless arguments.

If strat as of now is boring as shit and there isn't enough battles it's just a gameplay problem that has nothing to do with OP Non aggression pacts and alliances(there were always in strat anyway, i don't remember fallens attacking everyone when u had your claims).
I honestly hope to not have to do any wars in the next future,  i don't see how bugged as shit and too long battles (we are sick of playing 1/2 hours strat battles!)with lag, autoretreats and crashes and super OP defenders, and more and more micromanaging on strat needed for raising an army would make strat more interesting for legios. Actually i think the more they will play, the more they will despise it.
We are still playing a little just because we want to try some siege and have a chance to play if chadz will improve it without restarting it.

Also numbers faction numbers counts nothing, you need to see how many are actually doing something on strat or are willing to do battles regularly. Did you ever see 53 legios in a battle for example?  :|
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:59:27 pm by Sharky »

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »
Well there could be one very easy way to give everybody a place in Strat regardless of their power but according to their power.

Fief Loyalty
- Each faction owned fief must have at least X players from that faction in it otherwise its loyalty will decrease.
- Loyalty will decrease by 2 per day for every player that is missing, from a max loyalty of 10 times X
- For every player over X, loyalty will go up by 1 per day.
- Upon Capturing a Fief Loyalty would start at X meaning you'd need to overpopulate it in order to get loyalty back up
- Fief Loyalty would directly affect Fief Efficiency so there would be a bonus to keeping loyalty high
- X = Total Strat Faction Members * 110% / Total_Fiefs
- So if there are 1500 people in factions and 200 fiefs, then X will equal 8
- If a bunch of people join Strat, then X will go up and every faction will need to condense and therefore make room for the new people
- The 110% is to ensure there are always slightly more fiefs than can actually be held.

This would change the whole mechanics of Strat.

Wars would be fought over the best lands and not over the whole map.  For instance, if your fief prosperity goes up in your main crafting village and you see a low prosperity village right next to you, you could sacrifice the high prosperity fief and take the low prosperity one.

If you wanted to just attack someone because you don't like them, then this would still be possible but you wouldn't be able to just steam role them and add their lands to your own, instead you would have to contract again after your conquest.

Since there will always be too many fief for all of them to be held them there will always be neutral safe havens for bandits to hide in, but a faction could go out and conquer that safe haven to disrupt the bandits before abandoning the fief and letting in return to neutral.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:58:07 pm by Tomas »