Author Topic: Let's take a moment and LOL together.  (Read 19048 times)

Offline Xinot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Let's take a moment and LOL together.
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2012, 03:27:28 pm »
+1
Doesn't make any sense. I see your point, but the suggestion with caps on troop numbers would be a good solution. Also gief moar speed.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2012, 03:31:21 pm »
Doesn't make any sense. I see your point, but the suggestion with caps on troop numbers would be a good solution. Also gief moar speed.

Why wouldn't it make sense or I might even ask why would it need to make sense in this case? Take your time and read through a few suggestions threads covering this.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »
so more people shouldnt be able to produce more?

More people SHOULD produce more but not THAT MUCH MORE that it means an automatic win for 'em just because of numbers. A tricky one, yes but maybe there's a solution. Let's have faith in our dear developers and help in the only useful way:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2012, 04:08:29 pm »
More people SHOULD produce more but not THAT MUCH MORE that it means an automatic win for 'em just because of numbers. A tricky one, yes but maybe there's a solution. Let's have faith in our dear developers and help in the only useful way:

(click to show/hide)

More ppl SHOULD produce more, and numbers should always get wins. This isnt Final Fantasy, its a game based in reality. Maybe your super-superior attitude and your lack of social graces SHOULD mean noone wants to help you?
I don't know enough

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2012, 04:16:54 pm »
More ppl SHOULD produce more, and numbers should always get wins. This isnt Final Fantasy, its a game based in reality. Maybe your super-superior attitude and your lack of social graces SHOULD mean noone wants to help you?

Realism doesnt matter in c-RPG, never has done and never will do :P

We need a tier system where clans come under certain tiers and the tier you occupy is what determines your army size and economic output. That seems reasonable, then the biggest clans can all have the same output while the smaller clans can war due to similar output. restrict excessive trading between clans and then equal ground can be found, ofc no doubt the clans of strategus will worm their way round this, devs can only do so much but they cannot limit clans desire to win by any means possible :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Xinot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »
so basically split big clans in smaller clans and still act as one... ^^

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2012, 04:25:08 pm »
Realism doesnt matter in c-RPG, never has done and never will do :P

True, it doesnt. If it did, lances would be sheathable while on horseback (as they were), bucklers wouldnt suck arrows out of the air, and polearms would not be able to outspam 1handers while they both facehug. Also feinting with greatswords would make you drop your weapon as your wrists selfdestruct, being run over by a horse would insta-kill plate armoured guys, plate wearers would be almost immobile after 5 minutes, bows would be able to block, or sticks would not, katana's would shatter all the time...etc. Why they implememted slot system is a game so unrelated to realistic possibilities is beyond me.
I don't know enough

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2012, 04:27:28 pm »
Strat 1.0 fallen repeatidly attacked smaller factions who established near their borders ir their allies. E.g. Hospitallers.

Strat 2.0 fallen ally with FCC and TKoV to attack the NE, which basically became a mopping up operation considering the force of numbers. Fallen then only continued to do war by proxy iirc.

Strat 3.0 fallen are defeated by alliance of Crusaders, Wolves, Hospitaller and Occitain.

I think your memory fails you Casimir.

We were in a similar situation like you... The UIF was the most powerful faction in Calradia (Having just crushed the templars), and we were the only major power left that would have any chance of defeating them, just like you are now.

What did we do? We launched a full-scale attack on them, since we decided we did not want to part of the reason why Strat v1 was growing stale. Our attack failed miserably though, but we did get what we wanted: Action and fun times. The DRZ has hated us ever since, the reason why still eludes me. (Even though there has been multiple diplomatic "resets" or whatever they call them, they don't have any meaning)

Do you also remember our attack on Sarimish and Grunwalder castle? Back in your territory?

About Strat v2:
The reason why it became a mobbing operation was the incredibly foolish actions commited by the NE (Sorry guys, but there was some really bad mistakes there) IE: Not defending villages, using all forces on a few villages and then losing it all due to spawn capture, Leaders quitting etc. AND the fact that DRZ intervened as well. The DRZ forces quickly made the fight senseless.

The later fights with the DRZ was fun though :)

I think i need to make one important statement here: The opinions expressed by individual members of the Brigade express just that: individual opinions. It is not the opinion of the whole Brigade, so do not judge the Brigade as a group based on the statements of individuals. Thank you.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »
+4

Listen asshole, we're talking about balance here, not about having friends. I'm one of the loudest realism lobbysts around here but in Strategos there needs to be some kinda of a numbers over time balance because if there isn't any then we don't even need to enter it, just proclaim the winners (clan or alliance with biggest numbers) and cut the crap.
Other than that - i don't need a fresh random moron to tell me about my social skills & attitudes in this game, crawl back to your shithole and bugger off.

Edit: oh and just to make it clear: I'm not saying that the game should be made so that small clan of 20 people can "Win Strategos" on their own, its not gonna happen and it shouldn't but the game should at least be playable for them without getting ganked in 2 days and having to kiss big-boys asses to survive longer then that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:46:12 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2012, 04:45:43 pm »
Listen asshole, we're talking about balance here, not about having friends. I'm one of the loudest realism lobbysts around here but in Strategos there needs to be some kinda of a numbers over time balance because if there isn't any then we don't even need to enter it, just proclaim the winners (clan or alliance with biggest numbers) and cut the crap.
Other than that - i don't need a fresh random moron to tell me about my social skills & attitudes in this game, crawl back to your shithole and bugger off.

Ah I wuv woo so much Gnjus <3
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2012, 04:56:13 pm »
so in the past the fallen have never been massive and have never attacked smaller clans? I call BS on that

ATS in the northern alliance had an equal amount of members that we did, if not more, not even counting the rest of the alliance nor our helping allies. It was pretty well matched at first.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2012, 04:57:46 pm »
+3
A cap on how many troops a unit (character) can carry wouldn't be a bad idea.

Just like in any RTS you can only lump X amount of troops into 1 unit.

Perhaps by allowing several characters to 'group/follow' (become a warband) they would combine their troops into 1 army for attacking, with a cap on that army as well.

Now this wouldn't mean bigger clans still don't have an advantage, but at least the battles would be more equal if there's a cap on troops, and everyone would have to attack in waves or at least coordinate their first major offensive well.

Not saying it is perfect as is but definitely an idea to play around with IMO.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »
what weird mechanics would strategus have to have if you'd want to have any chance in a game where most of major clans decide to work together in a pursue for world domination against minority that are willing to oppose?

i mean if it is fun for them and they decide to wipe us easily out (and why would they leave us in the end if we stand in their way), we can only accept it.

and since i don't see any strategus would be any different, i'm totally down for going to be bandints only, even if it would mean we would fight with 50 men armies in some shitty desert at the map edge trying to rob a crate of rocks from gnjus. still it will be better fun than the current state.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2012, 05:19:33 pm »
oops doublepost
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:23:54 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2012, 05:22:58 pm »
+1
Oh like you guys haven't QQ-ed at all when we were at war?  :lol:
There was massive QQ and silly excuses every time you lost from you guys pretty much every day then. RETARD THE SERVER. lmao

Atleast we have a real reason to whine. Many agree. The others are socially retarded people like DRZ, Grey, Hospitaller with a few monglos like Paul, Fluffy_Muffin and so on, who are simply too blind to see the flaws of this game and would rather play easy mode (or idle apparently) all the time. Fuck the community, right?

Have your Strat, I have my Rageball. /pats Wilson

I perfectly understand the flaws of strategus, i just repy here because i find it the ultimate hipocricy when you QQ soooo fucking much about being wiped by a bigass alliance this when we ALL know that you would do the same fucking thing to smaller factions in your vicinity.

I dont get it, i seriously dont get it. What is this all about. Why do you whine so much? Lets say you won and wiped wolves, hospitaller. More land for you and YOUR allies. Then you, and your allies would expand even more, because as we all agree more battles more fun yes? Then you would wipe some more factions. OFCOURSE you wouldnt attack your fucking friends, so not atacking your allies and expanding you would be the biggas fucking carebears, THE REASON START IS BROKEN. Dont you understand this??? The only reason you arent the ones branded carebear biggass unbeatable alliance is because you got beaten by a bigger one. So stop being a fucking hypocrite already and prepare for the future battles instead of GTXting from strat
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:31:08 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.