Author Topic: Let's take a moment and LOL together.  (Read 19070 times)

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Let's take a moment and LOL together.
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 10:26:34 pm »
+3
Nah, pretty sure my standards have yet to be met  :)

Besides, hard to see you Greys from my cloudy and oh-so-lofty pedestal built on the skeletons of your 100 CD Key fiasco.
atop the thousand fallen bodies from the carpet bomb raid too?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2012, 10:36:34 pm »
+2
atop the thousand fallen bodies from the carpet bomb raid too?

Those were brave men standing up to wizards like that, how dare you

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »
Once upon a time the Templars and their bitches held all of Western Calradia, we ended that. Maybe you should act and not whine.

As for your nonsensical claims with regards to the size of the Templars I find it hilarious. The Templar clan is nothing compared to the size it was back in its heyday they do not have 100 members anymore. Cut the shit.
Aww, Plazek, people aren't that naive, you CAN'T compare that one to this. Templar "bloc" was big, but they didn't fight. Hell, they just laid down and died, as mercs, then searaiders, then 22nd, then others went and carved up their lands one by one, with most of their "allies" switching sides without much fighting. Disappointing - yes, challenging - no.
And even if they hadn't, they really didn't have those numbers. Back then strategus required a more active participation from people and Templars were bloated with cheap recruits, most of whom didn't really take any part in Strat. The rest of their bloc was much smaller clans. Combined, your alliance, even before their bloc split, could actually have had more members.
But that is just too inconvenient to remember, right?

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2012, 10:39:03 pm »
+2
...If you want a lot of fight[ing] - cRPG servers are open around the clock. If you are interested in tactics - you're the commander, and if you are interested in economics and politics - Strategus is right for you. I do not feel responsible for the overall picture of the game - my role is to make my faction was powerful militarily and economically. It is very easy, therefore philosophical discussion seems unnecessary...

This is a very valid point, I think.  That is why I play cRPG and largely ignore/only craft in Strat: because I prefer the immediacy of cRPG.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:49 pm »
+7
I said 1 year ago that we should give up all our fiefs, become true fallens (bandints), make raids only for fun and leave big wars for others (not that i'd believe any real big war would ever happen) :o)

If you cant change other peoples way of thinking than its always better to change your way of playing the game to find some fun. At least its better than complaining on forums that you fight wars you since beginning can't win.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:38 pm »
You're trading with them? If you're trading, you're not fighting.
That's, by very definition, coordination. Casimir, you're making this too easy for me.

ARE the Grey, DRZ, both core-UIF and lackey-UIF (that plethora of clans that refuse to fight a decent war like yourself) the MASSES or not? Goddamn, you flip flop from saying "poor us, we're not that big despite what the numbers clearly say" to agreeing that you and your Non-aggression buddies are indeed as massive as everybody knows you are. You have MASSES of people. MASSES. Even if they only want to fight, they still make troops and trade goods. Stop pretending otherwise. Remember that term, intellectual dishonesty? Stop it.

If you can't beat them, join them? Or just puss out and refuse to fight them? How exactly does your brain justify this nonsense when you argue that those who are significantly weaker than you are inferior for fighting against an enemy you refuse to fight, but they simply cannot defeat (again, look at the NUMBERS)?

Please be more mindful and edit your posts for clarity. Yes, coalitions against larger opponents do work- especially with your coalition can outnumber them with only a clan or two such as the Strat 2.0, the counter-LLJK coalition.

So hear me one more time- LOOK. AT. THE. NUMBERS. Getting bigger than the UIF and its NAP forces is out of the question. Even the Grey Order ALONE is larger than LLJK.

So apply your own fucking logic. Form a coalition, and attack the Grey Order! That's essentially what you're telling everyone else to do. Grow a pair and bust a move you twit. Show me you can do it. I eagerly await to see your glorious crusade coalition fight the UIF. I double dog dare you.

I am marginally regretful for personal attacks. I truly want to talk to you in person. Come over to Fallen Teamspeak sometime, I'd love to chat.

That being said, marginally regretful is all you'll get. I've seen what the Crusaders have done (and not done), and I know that you have strong influence in that circle. Based upon the glowing descriptions of your own logical justifications for your actions, it's still appalling. It's boring. Your "advice" is unabashedly riddled with hypocrisy, "I don't want to lose by fighting them when I know I can't win!", "You should go do 'this or that' and then you'll beat them!"

Do you even realize it? You're so defensive about your actions, you've blinded yourself to the abundant failures of the political maneuvers that have turned a potentially awesome game - Strategus - into a nitwit's bargain of who can shake the most hands and avoid fighting until the numbers are overwhelming. And then, you expect us to be impressed?

We're not. Because that's lame as shit. I stick by my guns, rude as it may have been. You're unimpressive and intellectually dishonest. Prove me wrong.

Again. "Wait for the wipe" is a lot less fun than playing a game where wars and intrigue are abundant. Where power actually SHIFTS from time to time. The UIF was founded in 2010. They've been singing kumbaya together ever since.

When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Maybe I tip toe the bounds of decency, but I will not yield my honesty to civility.

I'm no massive fan of splicing post apart, probably why my post aren't as clear as you'd like.  I am mindful of what i say, but as you i speak only my mind.  I have no need to defend my actions as all i have done is ride the wave.  My factions aim is to get as much land as possible in strategus, and hold it, whether via war or diplomacy. You say you want to see the power shift, but surely that power shift would mean that you and your supporters would become more influential and be established as the next power bloc.  It seems your only real aim is to make war, but having lost one many of your members have lost interest in strategus, making you incapable of doing so. If your success is so closely tied to your interest i'd say your aims are very similar to mine. 

I also believe you've misinterpreted me when in referred to those in charge dictation to the masses. This was more of a comment on how my own faction operates, as i'm sure is the case for many, rather than my comments on the strategus diplomatic scene.

I'll also be a tad more specific on what i mean when i say coordinate.  None of the "UIF" attacked Fallen/HRE.  None of their resources, none of their troops, none of their members.  The attack was planned and carried out by the desert alliance alone. Our aim was to destroy you to gain lands for ourselves. So that we may spread our influence as you have done.

You seem to regard cautious competence as a vice and and aimless aggression as a virtue.  Something which i would disagree with. I doubt i'll get much more back other than being accused of being intellectually dishonest, which is ripe considering your highly biased perspective on the situation. Extensive discussion of this subject will bring little of gain to me, although im sure it will help to reassure your opinions of myself, and for you to restate teh fact you got beaten by a larger force of players.  If you wish to discuss the past events of strategus or expand your knowledge of my diverse and interesting character feel free to contact me. 

All in all, strategus is strategus.  There's probably gunna be a big bad guy, who holds most of the land and other people wont like him.
I'd listen to the wise words from your founder.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:39:32 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2012, 11:51:49 pm »
It's pretty clear the core of the UIF (DRZ, Grey, Legio and 22nd) have never and will never go to war with each other.
So, out of curiosity, why haven't you all joined together into one faction like BRD, Corns and Cavaliers did with FCC?
There are some big advantages to it. For example: Moving of resources around the map is much easier because you don't have to enable trades. Plus all the faction/equipment info is easily accessible when grouped together. 

There is no troll here. Just wondering what advantage you gain, if any, for remaining a confederacy?

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2012, 12:06:04 am »
Besides, hard to see you Greys from my cloudy and oh-so-lofty pedestal built on the skeletons of your 100 CD Key fiasco.

We all have our skeletons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related

dont judge
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2012, 12:10:43 am »
We all have our skeletons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related

dont judge

We have fewer skeletons, and I don't hide them, and I shall judge.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2012, 12:11:21 am »
+1

dont judge

Damn Umbra, you missed the pun by 2 hrs...

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:28 am »
Same people complaining about the same stuff.   All these clans that you claim are allied are really not.  There is just no reason to for all of us to fight each other when whiners and cheaters are still on the map.

Quit complaining about being too weak to stand up to the people you pissed off.  Become stronger and do something about it.  Or quit.  Nobody really cares what you trolls decide to do.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:20 am »
while i was admin, i've had an early look at the interface :) and the number was different back then, i think only fallen was about 97 members, but i guess most of them quit :) same for other factions on your list. Strong get their ranks padded and weak shrink in size.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:39 am »
me hugging Plazek and friends :)

You imply in wanting to hug me ?  :wink:

Ide rather hug TommmYyY instead :-(
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2012, 01:35:46 am »
Quit complaining about being too weak to stand up to the people you pissed off.  Become stronger and do something about it.  Or quit.  Nobody really cares what you trolls decide to do.

Evidently you care...

Most of my issues lie in item costing. GK would have been able to do more if we had been able to afford horses sometime before we were pushed out the area. Fact is the amount of time it took us to get any substantial number of horses, combined with that equipment bug which took waaaay to long to fix, meant that we just didn't want to fight. 1 fight would have meant another month or more saving up again for more horses. The problem with being an all cav clan during a strat version which makes horses an extreme rarity.

The fact that neither we, nor any of our allies (or most of the clans this strat) could afford horses, just meant we lost interest as soon as things started going badly. Because without horses all of our players are near useless in a fight. Now the only ones of us left playing strat are in bandit groups.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:38:27 am by Overdriven »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2012, 02:18:40 am »
You imply in wanting to hug me ?  :wink:

Ide rather hug TommmYyY instead :-(

you failed to read what i wrote :P

Evidently you care...

Most of my issues lie in item costing. GK would have been able to do more if we had been able to afford horses sometime before we were pushed out the area. Fact is the amount of time it took us to get any substantial number of horses, combined with that equipment bug which took waaaay to long to fix, meant that we just didn't want to fight. 1 fight would have meant another month or more saving up again for more horses. The problem with being an all cav clan during a strat version which makes horses an extreme rarity.

The fact that neither we, nor any of our allies (or most of the clans this strat) could afford horses, just meant we lost interest as soon as things started going badly. Because without horses all of our players are near useless in a fight. Now the only ones of us left playing strat are in bandit groups.

I'd also agree, our earlier fights against GK were riddled with bugs and problems, telly did detract from the value of it all.
Turtles