Author Topic: Version 0.260  (Read 58036 times)

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Version 0.260
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »
Ho, btw, to all those whining about archery being dead :

How many shielders does it takes to kill 3 archers ? To simplify, suppose the terrain is completely flat and infinite. Also suppose that a full quiver of arrows can take down one shield

Easy, 1 Matey.  That guy is murder incarnate to an archer.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:58:49 pm by Mannhammer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2012, 11:58:20 pm »
I think you need to learn what the crossbows look like then. I was one shot by a MW Arb with MW steel bolts wearing unloomed Lamellar, leather gloves, and 7 IF. So there is no way you survived two hits with a MW Arb and MW steel bolts while naked.

The change to crossbow damage was a good thing. I've seen good crossbow players do really well, even with the change.

+1 to the Dev. team for this change.

nou, I never said I survived the second shot, hence the term 2-shot (as in it took 2 shots to kill me). I was 2/3 dead after first shot, pre patch I would have been dead with lamellar.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:31 am »
ITT: good archers doing better than usual, bad archers sucking.

Working as expected.

Especially in strat battles with short bows :rolleyes:

Just because everyone aims for the head now doesn't mean they are suddenly better or that only the better archers survive. It's not that difficult to hit a head in crpg.
Now it is just sniping archers or fastbow spamming archers. Was that intended? Great

Btw, I didn't really see any longbow users saying "hey nice patch"

Would actually be pretty cool to raise longbow speed by 1 or 2 points so you have at least a chance to aim before your reticule starts growing
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:07:18 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:57 am »
You've 4-5 shotted my champ plated charger before so stfu, more nerfs ftw.

so explain me why we was 3 archer on a cataphract, we put on him something like 10 arrows before he die ???
(counted on dead horse bodie)

more nerf if u want but i rly dont care like i said we get nerf on every patch ... i just want they fix hitbox !!!!
imo they should nerf some maneuvrer stat for some horse, a real horse cant turn around him so fast ...

oh btw if someone can explain me how some xbower can reload xbow faster than i bent my rus bow .....
plz put power draw on xbow !!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:05:51 am by blackbow »

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2012, 12:07:03 am »
+1
ITT: good archers doing better than usual, bad archers sucking.

Working as expected.

I can see why you might think that, and maybe for foot archers it's true. With how bad accuracy for HA since last patch (or before) when it took a hit, plus the recent damage reduction, shit is rough. I like the thinking behind this patches changes, but I doubt HAs were factored into the equation. How many successful HAs do you see on NA? 2? It's such an under represented class because it's hard to play well, even more nerfs certainly aren't going to help. And the biggest problem is that no one really cares at all about how HAs get balanced, because people find it an "annoying" class to contend against, and therefore lobby against it, or just flat out disregard it.

I'm not asking that the ranged damage reduction be reverted, that's not realistic, and it's in many ways a good change. However,  the % reduction in damage you receive when shooting off horseback could be addressed. Maybe reduce the penalty by half or 2/3rds, or completely if you're feeling extra saucy :wink:

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2012, 12:09:48 am »
so explain me why we was 3 archer on a cataphract, we put on him something like 10 arrows before he die ???
(counted on dead horse bodie)

Dunno maybe he had over 9000hp?

All i know is what you've done to my PC before.  Don't you remember when you was in Pewcores and in that server were like 70% archers, you like the mod like that?

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2012, 12:12:35 am »
Don't know if anyone else figured this out but with the missing heads its just a few spelling mistakes in the itemkinds1.txt file that are causing this

if you replace the word madeInbucket with madelnbucket and gotlandbucket1 with gotlandbucket it should be fine, at least it was for me

also noticed that the bolzanobucket and greathelm1, the 2 best looking helms were not added  :cry:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:37:53 pm by zottlmarsch »

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2012, 12:14:55 am »
Just hilarious and plain stupid. Been playing now for 3 hours and not single time I was hit for more than max 10% of my health by arrow (unless it was headshot ofc). And I was using pilgrim robe and agi build without IF.

Well... it's time for melee and cavs to shine.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2012, 12:18:14 am »
+3
It is totally retarded as it makes things like arbalest and longbow, made for high damage and longrange shots, totally useless. Tell me how I shall precisely hit the head when I shoot over long distance??  And no, I consider long distance as really long, not the 20 meters most people are always talking about. I mean long when the person I aim at is smaller than my reticule

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2012, 12:19:57 am »
It is totally retarded as it makes things like arbalest and longbow, made for high damage and longrange shots, totally useless. Tell me how I shall precisely hit the head when I shoot over long distance??  And no, I consider long distance as really long, not the 20 meters most people are always talking about. I mean long when the person I aim at is smaller than my reticule

Then you probably need this :

not a medieval bow.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2012, 12:20:58 am »
+1
archers are for softening up melee troops, not slaughtering everything they see

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Renegade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Listen to the monk or feel his Iron Staff ;)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperial Prelates
  • Game nicks: IP_Renegade
  • IRC nick: Renegade334
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:07 am »
- added monk and priest robes
Yeah finally...  :mrgreen:
Freedom of opinion doesn't mean that I have to listen to any crap you say. If anyone wants to criticize me or my posts: Outdoors is a wall that would be glad to listen to you.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2012, 12:22:37 am »
I was in that game, dude.

I saw it with my own pair of eyes. Check the screenshot, see something similar in the low left corner? I just had to go when he took it.
Plus, there were other archers on during that time, who did very well too, had a nice amount of headhits.

What makes you think that I'm narrow minded? Bring on the insults when you can't say anything proper.

You "narrow-minded" person.

Hes simply Jelly, look at any archer related posts he made :D

Especially in strat battles with short bows :rolleyes:

Just because everyone aims for the head now doesn't mean they are suddenly better or that only the better archers survive. It's not that difficult to hit a head in crpg.
Now it is just sniping archers or fastbow spamming archers. Was that intended? Great

Btw, I didn't really see any longbow users saying "hey nice patch"

Would actually be pretty cool to raise longbow speed by 1 or 2 points so you have at least a chance to aim before your reticule starts growing

It wont be long until more HIGH PD hornbow spammers emerge. I know of some archers already respecced to abuse this new patch. I urge the devs to fix the 1 slot machine guns.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:27:14 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2012, 12:26:56 am »
Then you probably need this :

not a medieval bow.

But he's clearly using this according to him:

buzz lightyear edition

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2012, 12:27:35 am »
archers are for softening up melee troops, not slaughtering everything they see

Currently they aren't doing even that. And... it's about game balance, not IRL.

Also, same penalty applies to throwing weapons. I just ran with my pilgrim guy (pilgrim robe + leather gloves, both unloomed) and took jarid in chest, arrow in chest and I still had over half hp left. Jarid did most, arrow next to nothing. I don't even dodge those arrows anymore, it's just quicker to take that one arrow to chest and then smash archer's face in when he's going "WTF dude!".