Author Topic: Version 0.260  (Read 58073 times)

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
Re: Version 0.260
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2012, 10:27:03 pm »
Xbow needs a buff. As a peasant with 4IF and naked I was 2-shot in the chest with MW arbalest using MW steel bolts from mid range. This should have definitey been a oneshot. Throwing needs a buff, my MW throwing daggers take twice as many to kill now. Archery can stay the same as point blank range archery is viable with enough athletics.

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »
Xbow needs a buff. As a peasant with 4IF and naked I was 2-shot in the chest with MW arbalest using MW steel bolts from mid range. This should have definitey been a oneshot. Throwing needs a buff, my MW throwing daggers take twice as many to kill now. Archery can stay the same as point blank range archery is viable with enough athletics.

I think you need to learn what the crossbows look like then. I was one shot by a MW Arb with MW steel bolts wearing unloomed Lamellar, leather gloves, and 7 IF. So there is no way you survived two hits with a MW Arb and MW steel bolts while naked.

The change to crossbow damage was a good thing. I've seen good crossbow players do really well, even with the change.

+1 to the Dev. team for this change.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:35:03 pm by Calmir »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2012, 10:35:31 pm »
Archery is dead.

In my opinion nerf is over the top. Sure take out the ladders im pretty sure most decent archers dont mind but making it only possible to get kills by headshotting people has surely made this the most difficult class around. Now were just fodder for the already dominating cav and spammers.

Ladder removal, great. Nerfing Archery to beyond use, not so great.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »
Problem isn't archery or xbowism... It's throwers who are nerfed as they can never get a small enough aim-thingy to headshot by anything other than luck...
So you need to buff ALL (including my) throwing weapons  in damage due to this nerf.

Also you need to make Meow make a public statement admitting he did all this to nerf cav... same reason the devs killed the duel servers... they're all out to get me... and out to get my rouncey... luckily I borrowed it away.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2012, 10:54:27 pm »
You devs should really make sure you document the work you've done on this mod.
(click to show/hide)
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:04 pm »
+1
lol arbalest is quite fucked up nao, even the peasants without head protection can survive headshots after this patch. it takes around 10 secs to reload arbalest and after all that fucking reloading time, it makes you lol when you see that your target is blocking your shot with his unibrows and yet he's still able to survive another shot in the chest which is protected by shitty clothes..

i know there were so many noob ranged spamming around and the mod was dead, so you just wanted to bring balance to c-rpg by nerfing ranged. but at least re-buff headshots.

sorry for my le bad english, i'm french.

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2012, 11:09:30 pm »
decent patch

SAME SHIT game mode rules and community who accepts them.

battle 2 men left, 1v1.

1 guy (heavist armour and heaviest shield in the game) reachs flag first, holds right mouse button while the other guy (xbowman) hits his shield 50 times. he wins the round, just for standing there slightly sooner. I rage and people think i'm the douchebag.

I mean it should have at least been a draw, even then i would still kick the guy. but victory? who the fuck designed this shit, and why do people think its fine.

cant be arsed with such bad game design.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2012, 11:15:45 pm »
decent patch

battle 2 men left, 1v1.

1 guy (heavist armour and heaviest shield in the game) reachs flag first, holds right mouse button while the other guy (xbowman) hits his shield 50 times. he wins the round, just for standing there slightly sooner. I rage and people think i'm the douchebag.

I mean it should have at least been a draw, even then i would still kick the guy. but victory? who the fuck designed this shit, and why do people think its fine.

loot an axe and engage shielder?

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:14 pm »
decent patch

battle 2 men left, 1v1.

i dunno about douchebag,but you are pretty funny.

P.S. Shmacko (rus bow) is so far actually more or less satisfied with the new archery by the way.

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2012, 11:34:40 pm »
+1
I have to say the range nerf on top of horse archers already lowered damage is a bit much. I can put 4 arrows into a kid with a nomad robe and he still lives. That's with MW horn bow and MW bods. Headshots don't even one hit someone in a kettle helm with full speed bonus.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2012, 11:40:48 pm »
Ho, btw, to all those whining about archery being dead :

How many shielders does it takes to kill 3 archers ? To simplify, suppose the terrain is completely flat and infinite. Also suppose that a full quiver of arrows can take down one shield (most shields break before but that's not really important).

Now, if you ever come up with an honest answer (which I doubt you will), ask yourself : is it balanced ?

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2012, 11:46:30 pm »
i play crpg as archer since one year now and since my begining archer get nerf on everypatch... now it's like a tradition to get nerfed on each patch ... i'm curious to know what will be the next nerf ???

remove arrows and bow then spit on players ?

seriously just fix hit box since 3 patch there is so many arrows who should hit but nothing happen ....

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »
i play crpg as archer since one year now and since my begining archer get nerf on everypatch... now it's like a tradition to get nerfed on each patch ... i'm curious to know what will be the next nerf ???

remove arrows and bow then spit on players ?

seriously just fix hit box since 3 patch there is so many arrows who should hit but nothing happen ....

You've 4-5 shotted my champ plated charger before so stfu, more nerfs ftw.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »
Just played for 3 rounds.

My champion plated charger practically took no damage from archers, my full plate still can't withstand more than 2 thrusts from lancers headon, I'm always crutching at the end of the round...

This mod is awesome :mrgreen:

Tried out Topfhelm, it wasn't showing so I was a headless knight for a round!
(click to show/hide)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2012, 11:51:48 pm »
ITT: good archers doing better than usual, bad archers sucking.

Working as expected.