Author Topic: Version 0.260  (Read 58035 times)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.260
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2012, 01:02:01 pm »
I'm not sure what to think about the archerynerf.

I think reducing bodydmg is fine, but can't you chage it to something like 70-75% instead of 64 or 67, whatever we have now.
It is kind of ridiculous, that people with 8 bodyarmour can survive a shot from mw longbow, mw bodkins, 7pd and 8wm.
I don't want to oneshot or twoshot everyone, that isn't balanced or realistic either, but 2 arrows for a little peasant? ....

Btw, what did +1 accuracy change for longbow? I can't aim longer than before :/

How many arrows to kill a person now, assuming you never do any damage more than the target's need to kill health, and you only do/did body shots [if body shots are 67% damage now]:

1->2
2->3
3->5
4->6
5->8
6->9
7->11

Same if body shots are 75% damage:
1->2
2->3
3->4
4->6
5->7
6->8
7->9
8->11

As somebody who wears 8 body armor, I think it's ridiculous that I could be one shotted unless my opponent messes up :\. Prepatch bows used to 1-2 shot me, melee took 1-4. Now melee takes 1-4 and bows take 2-3.

That being said, the changes may be too harsh [especially on throwers] but the devs and players are going to need more time to see how it pans out, and ^ is just to show the difference between your proposed system and the current [nothing more]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:04:20 pm by Wraist »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2012, 01:12:09 pm »
Whatever your "stats" want to show, I doubt everything you wrote.

Why should it be, that I need more arrows with 75% dmg than with 67% ? Or did I misunderstand your numbers?

8 body armour and getting killed after 2-4 hits? o.O  You know we are not talking about peasant fighting against peasants correct?
I have melee chars and I have an archer and even with something like 29 body armour I most of the time died after 2 hits from a melee guy, often only 1.

I never see anyone in such light armour survive up to 4 hits, except it is a peasant hitting him

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2012, 01:20:01 pm »
I think you misread the numbers, top numbers are how much it currently takes with the patch, the bottom numbers are your proposal, so let's say prepatch you needed 7 body shots to exactly kill somebody. With the way things currently work, it takes 11, with your proposal, it would take 9 [so if you're an archer, you'd save 2 arrows with your suggestion].

Math:
We have damage=x*d. x is the number of projectiles, d is the damage per projectile.
h=x*d, h is health [with my assumption of no overkilling]
If we lower d by 2/3 then we have
h=y*d*2/3, y is the new number of shots
3h/2=y*d=3xd/2

So y=3/2*x [in other words, you need 50% more shots].

Same logic applies for the 75%, in that case you need 33% more shots. Then I just go to the highest integer.

For my builds, 15/24 with 0 IF, I'd die in typically 1 hit [unless I got lucky]. For my current build 21/15 [6IF, I think], I typically get killed by a high strength character using a heavy weapon. A katana is normally 2, sometimes 3 shots. 1hers can be 1-4ish [I don't use helmets either].

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »
+1
Archers got two options, Get more str and sleep easy getting body shots.  Or pump agi and spam for headshots.

And as for crossbows? A Weapon already so situation dependent due to the constant down pour of rain every other map? They get to suffer a base damage debuff as well? I haven't tested it out for myself yet, but if this goes the way I think it will then i'm going to have alot more time to play TOR now than I did before until they rectify this. I was never much for playing heavy armor simulators.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:27:48 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Kubla Khan

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2012, 01:28:37 pm »
- disabled ladders in non-Strategus game modes

You killed the mod... Again

Offline Orbas

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Martian_Of_Chaos, LittleGreenMan
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2012, 01:33:06 pm »
I'm down with everything but the range nerf.  Range gets nerfed the most out of every thing and it hasn't been OP in a long time, how often do you see range topping score sheets in game? Or even top 3?  And if it is in fact a 33% damage reduction, holy shit.  Not to mention added damage loss in rain.  Crossbows are gonna be hurting badly in that situation.  I saw a guy in a red gambeson with 4 arrows in his damn chest earlier, not to mention a couple others in his limbs.  If this crappy change doesn't get reverted there should atleast be a balance brought to it, such as increased ammo due to the fact it takes more to kill now.  And the "extra headshot" damage, was that supposed to give range something back?  Never seen people running around with multiple arrows sticking out their head or not needing more than a kick if they did survive the first shot to begin with.  Ranged was fine before this patch, even after the damage was taken from bodkins.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:34:39 pm by Orbas »
"Quiet! Listen, people. This team is not about egos or wardrobes or publicity. It's about handling threats larger than any hero can alone."

Offline Tazman

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tazman_HRE
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
- disabled ladders in non-Strategus game modes

You killed the mod... Again

Why? There are enough ladders which placed around a castle in siege-mode and in battle-mode u dont need ladders...there are also enough places to climb houses and so on.

This mode will never die...

The last patch bring us many better things. *Thumbs Up* for this mod and this patch.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »
bah, u killed it. GREAT WORK, USELESS LONGBOW

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »
hmm last night templar stevee was doing just find with 10-1 or something with a longbow on eu1.

its simple :) aim for the head if your good and if your not great then archery is no longer easy :P

get a more powerfull bow and more PD
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:30 pm »
its simple :) aim for the head if your good and if your not great then archery is no longer easy :P

explain "easy" :P whats easy about archery ?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »
+1
point click kill :D i have a gen 2 archer alt and have had many stf archers. it isnt that hard.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »
Throwing is useless now thanks. Lets all play 2h spammers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2012, 02:42:30 pm »
I have to say it, this was one of the worst patches of all time, seriously. You took something beautiful and just threw it right out the window. I was like the only person who wore the Nordic Pot Helmet, now you changed the model and all now the gimps are coming to steal my baby, I WORE NORDIC POT HELMET BEFORE IT WAS MAINSTREAM.
I used it occassionally myself and new model looks like crap.

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »
since i'm braindamaged i can't find anymore the pictures of the new helmets, could anyone post the link to taleworlds forum again?

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2012, 02:46:23 pm »
since i'm braindamaged i can't find anymore the pictures of the new helmets, could anyone post the link to taleworlds forum again?
i got it, for other braindamaged guys
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=76943.0