Author Topic: Suggestion: Polearms glance when enemies are close.  (Read 5248 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Polearms glance when enemies are close.
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2012, 10:06:49 pm »
Just because you suck doesn't mean the entire shielder/archer community does.

A skilled 1h is probably more dangerous to me than a skilled 2h/pole, partly because I'm not as used to fighting them and partly because of their speed.

I could list a whole bunch of 1h whom I would consider equal/better than me and who regularly beat me up (no you're not among them).

All in all, I think someone owes someone an apology  :lol:

Youve never fought me as a 1hander....I fought you plenty with a 1handed weapon when I was a thrower, but most ppl can kill me when they level 30 and backpedal with a polearm and I got no athletics, armour or wpf...so, sorry I hurt your ego buddy.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »
Youve never fought me as a 1hander....I fought you plenty with a 1handed weapon when I was a thrower, but most ppl can kill me when they level 30 and backpedal with a polearm and I got no athletics, armour or wpf...so, sorry I hurt your ego buddy.

...so first you are saying that you are getting killed by spammers and can't fight back (implying that you do suck), and now you're trying to make some other point...? I'm confuzzled.

Well then, I'll give you my standard challenge:

11 duels, winner gets to choose a tag for the loser for one month. (Noone has yet to accept it :( )

Come shut me up, prove me wrong  :D

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »
If Torben plays cavalry, I know I have to be especially cautious after spawning, because he loves rushing to the enemy spawn and stabbing unaware or afk players.

nope.  http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,16078.0.html

as soon as you move to the fight,  thats another thing tho ; )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:50 pm »
I'm down with ya Thomek, i've played pole this gen and it feels just like 2h, don't like it atm.. I changed LWA to bamboo spear already so it wouldn't feel so boring.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:08:55 pm by Von_Hazaa »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2012, 03:12:25 pm »
Dezi, the point of 2h not outreaching a lance stab isn't to make cav autowin against 2h. Afaik, you can still block down ad infinitum, and dodging is not hard with the classical 18 to 24 agi. Currently, cav avoids 2h just as much as pikemen. If this isn't chocking to you, there's nothing out of this discussion. And the few times some cav tried to couch lance me when I was on foot with my 1h, I had no trouble jumping 5 meters away like a frog while swinging my sword and damaging (usually killing) their horse.

To me, this is more a matter of a comparison between human maneuver and horse maneuver. Horses got nerfed a lot in maneuver, but humans never, partly due to the fail game engine. But seriously, no one in RL is able to run at their max speed and instantly turn 180° while keeping the speed. You may say RL isn't important, but that's part of the reason the melee combat became so messy and centered on double swings (or, said shorter, spam) and getting in the back of your enemy using nocollisionwithotherplayers magic glitching, or hiltslashes. I don't want everybody to turn into a wannabe polepoop, yet this is exactly what is happening. New players don't learn feints and holds, they just watch "good" melee and conclude the best way to play is to spam and move in semi-random fashion, because sometimes it works.

Offline Munchkin9

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 05:26:26 pm »
There is nothing powerful about spamming. If someone is marginally good you can beat a spammer, if you can't you suck. Spamming is just another of the tools at are disposal and like everything else has a counter (decent blocking, spin and chambering).

As to the issue at hand. There just is something wrong about beating through a line of infantry to reach the long spear wielding guy in the back only for him to do a ninja move jumping back 5 feet and doing a 360 while thrusting which miraculously hits you and kills you outright. Its vexing. Not that anything should be done about it. The LAST, I say again, THE ABSOLUTELY LAST THING THIS GAME NEEDS is more nerfing. We keep going down this path and before we know it, we'll be playing WoW.

Frankly I don't get why so many things get nerfed so often. Every 5 minutes someone starts whining about this or that weapon that killed him. I think that if something absolutely has to be nerfed the devs should wait a month or two (at least) to see if the noise dies down or if it is, genuinely, a problem. Also buffing is better than nerfing.
Chars: Redreg

That's it. Don't like it? Tough.