Author Topic: Long Voulge  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Bars

• Earl
  • Renown: 349
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • My name is Bars! And your end is here!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Bars
Long Voulge
« on: January 12, 2012, 01:42:53 am »
+8
Hello Everyone!
I know not much people will care but still i want my buddy back and i want dev team to listen to this!
I've already tried playing onehander, twohander and polearm but those wont fit my playstyle. i need my Long Voulge 'cause i cant use any other weapon.
Please bring back Long Voulge side swings, increase difficulty, do whatever you want to balance it but please brig it back.
For now cRPG got boring, im going to stop playing untill good changes.
Happy hunting!

sry for my bad english

Best regards, Bars.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Someday i get it back, and remind all of you of what you have rightly feared

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
Re: Long Voulge
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 01:47:30 am »
Almost never see people use this weapon, I hope they buff this long voulge. +1

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:51:22 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,23909.0.html

Isn't it against forum rules to make the same thread in multiple places?

Ah, who cares. Give this man his Long Voulge back!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 02:08:52 am »
Anything over 160 cm length doesn't get side swings. It's too dangerous. Ask my girlfriend. Yes, this was a penis joke.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 02:14:43 am »
Anything over 160 cm length doesn't get side swings. It's too dangerous. Ask my boyfriend. Yes, this was a penis joke.
Fixed

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 02:21:16 am »
I support this by all means.  It was by far the funnest weapon when I wanted a change from my horse,  and almost nobody used it.  I understand that it was very strong considering strat,  but I would just consider making it a lot more expensive in strat.

actually,  i will make a pole about this.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 02:52:54 pm »
Hello Everyone!
I know not much people will care but still i want my buddy back and i want dev team to listen to this!

they won't. they never care suggestion corner or take suggestions serious when they come from random players. fact.
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 03:59:51 pm »
Although I liked your style with the long voulge and the fact that you were the only one who used it and did pretty damn good with it, I think you should just man up and use a different weapon. It's not that big of a deal. The long voulge was kinda shit, so if you could fight with that, you are more than capable of using a different weapon.

Yes, shit way to nerf it when they could have just made it more expensive, but listen to yourself. What the hell.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »
I'd be doing the same if katana became unplayable(in some way), Teeth. It's the weapon I've used through thick and thin and no other weapon so far has given be the same
adrenaline rush.

He just feels the same way about his Long Voulge, which is something I can relate to. It's sad to see him on siege nowadays. Especially since I've seen him try all sorts of builds without apparently being able to enjoy any of them as much as he enjoyed his Voulge. I used to curse that voulge for constantly stunning my katana but I never wanted it removed.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »
I'd be doing the same if katana became unplayable(in some way), Teeth. It's the weapon I've used through thick and thin and no other weapon so far has given be the same
adrenaline rush.

He just feels the same way about his Long Voulge, which is something I can relate to. It's sad to see him on siege nowadays. Especially since I've seen him try all sorts of builds without apparently being able to enjoy any of them as much as he enjoyed his Voulge. I used to curse that voulge for constantly stunning my katana but I never wanted it removed.
Well, the katana is truly unique in its speed. Still the same goes for you. If its really a weapon, being only slightly different from other weapons, keeping you in the game, it might be time you give up on the game, or atleast do when your weapon of choice is removed.

I think a flamberge gives an experience very similar to a long voulge. Same speed, very long, maybe even as long if the flamberge length is according to 2h grip. Both very heavy, only the Flamberge is not shit.

Khorin, playing with a bastard sword instead wouldn't be that much of a disaster if you still liked the game.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »
Some of us are loving or avoiding some equipment also because of the looks. At least I do and I don't use some stuff even if it would be better than the gear I use just because I don't like it.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »
Well, the katana is truly unique in its speed. Still the same goes for you. If its really a weapon, being only slightly different from other weapons, keeping you in the game, it might be time you give up on the game, or atleast do when your weapon of choice is removed.

I think a flamberge gives an experience very similar to a long voulge. Same speed, very long, maybe even as long if the flamberge length is according to 2h grip. Both very heavy, only the Flamberge is not shit.

Khorin, playing with a bastard sword instead wouldn't be that much of a disaster if you still liked the game.

Ah, but it's all about style, and nerfing the Long Voulge that badly has completely ruined Bars' style. The stats may be the same on a flamberge, but the character concept, the looks and overall style is crushed. And what is cRPG if not about the opportunity to create your own style and character concept? If it denies me that, then it's no longer the same game I thought I was playing. I don't want to be a bastard sword user, the reason I started playing cRPG was because it offered different options from native.

I have tried many characters. Some of which are fun, atleast for a short while, but I always revert back to the one I love playing the most.
I have tons of alts to prove it:
(click to show/hide)

And it's not because they're alts. Khorin is finished as a character, so it's not that my alts feel like a wasted of potential experience for my main. In fact, I feel quite the opposite, sometime I feel a little guilty for playing Khorin, but it's what I enjoy doing, so I ignore it.

Nevermind the time spent on the ninja clan, which would be wiped with the removal of the katana.

In any case, this is off-topic. This is about Bars and his Long Voulge, which I fully support him getting back. It was never considered OP by anyone(except ptx apparently  :P), and it was never overly used. I don't see why it got nerfed so horribly.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:13:51 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:30:02 pm »
Why shouldn't the bill and halberd get side swings too then?

It is a cheapish polearm in the same role as these weapons. At most, you could justify bringing the speed up to 89. The bill and halberd should be unbalanced too, can't fathom why they are not.

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »
Bars, you should try Flamberge, if you haven't already.
Its faster, more damage, around same (or even more) reach plus it is not unbalanced weapon.

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »
BUT ITS GAY! if you love a weapon, you keep it deer (=
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!