• Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
Re: Oh my!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:44:15 pm »
In before some clan QQing because they can't instawin "teamplay" on siege with backladder tactic.

Can't wait for this update !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:48:12 pm by Kansuke »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »
cRPG - NEW VERSION (Not Yet Released)

Sweet, merciful crap, yes.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 09:11:51 pm »
It's just a pity that it took that long...  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
whining wins again  :twisted: :lol:

Bullshit that people bitching and complaining always get catered to.  I honestly wish the dev's would just ignore people complaining unless they have a valid argument, and specifically only in regards to bugs and glitches.

I don't ever use ladders on infantry or being a horseman, that being said it seems pretty obvious why someone would use a ladder...certain classes and equipment have strengths and weaknesses, just because something is a strength, doesn't mean that it needs to be nerfed...just because whiny bitches complain about everything, doesn't mean that you need to nerf everything.

pathetic.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:14:41 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »
Most interesting.  :D

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
Bullshit that people bitching and complaining always get catered to.  I honestly wish the dev's would just ignore people complaining unless they have a valid argument, and specifically only in regards to bugs and glitches.

I don't ever use ladders on infantry or being a horseman, that being said it seems pretty obvious why someone would use a ladder...certain classes and equipment have strengths and weaknesses, just because something is a strength, doesn't mean that it needs to be nerfed...just because whiny bitches complain about everything, doesn't mean that you need to nerf everything.

pathetic.

So you are saying there is no justified negative feedback from the community that makes developers improve things that are wrong/broken?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 09:21:12 pm »
It's just the usual:
like the change -> omg best devs ever
hate the change -> omg devs listening to whiners

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:03 pm »
Joker86 - from what I've seen, mainly no.  Most of the arguments I saw (and I'd say I read about 50% of the pages in most of the recent whining threads) people resort to saying something is overpowered, or unbalanced, but don't explain how (if you say something is overpowered, explain to me if there is no counter-measure to defend against it).  I've yet to see anyone ever justify how something is overpowered.

You think ladders are OP?  Bring a ladder yourself.  You think archers on rooftops are OP?  Put some archers on a rooftop yourself. 

As a general rule of thumb, every class can be countered by AT LEAST that same class, generally at least 1 or 2 other builds/classes as well.

I'll state it again, nothing in the game ever has been, or ever will be that overpowered that there is no way to counter it's strengths.  Every class or build or technique has a weakness that can be exploited.  I'm just tired of the answer to every issue is to "nerf" something. 

It's just the usual:

That's why you and the other devs fail so often.  You don't understand there's other view points than "nerf or buff".   You missed an option:

Those who don't have a preference or aren't affected by the change.  I honestly don't care if ladders are in game or not, my argument is that it's ridiculous that changes keep being made to satisfy whiney bitches who can't ever justify why something is overpowered.    I don't love the change, I don't hate the change, I'm neutral.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:26:00 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »
O_Q

Haha, that's how I feel too.

Amazing job.

\o/

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »
+1
It's just the usual:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA

(click to show/hide)
First of all, the overpoweredness, lameness, funkillingness of ladders is so obvious that it shouldn't be explained. But actually I did, countless of times, with me 15 other players. And even then, an hour of play on EU_1 explains it just as well. This whole statement of yours here is so wrong, but I can't be arsed anymore. Justice is what we've seen here today. A great leap forward in cRPG greatness. Shut up and enjoy ladderless play! Woohoo!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:28:52 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:53 pm »
don cmp
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 09:31:49 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA
First of all, the overpoweredness, lameness, funkillingness of ladders is so obvious that it shouldn't be explained. But actually I did, countless of times, with me 15 other players. And even then, an hour of play on EU_1 explains it just as well. This whole statement of yours here is so wrong, but I can't be arsed anymore. Justice is what we've seen here today. A great leap forward in cRPG greatness. Shut up and enjoy ladderless play! Woohoo!

It's not overpowered for the reasons I stated.  You can bring your own ladders to counter enemy archers on roofs.  You can counter it by using your own ranged to shoot at them.  You can counter it by not standing out in the open without a shield and waiting for the flags to spawn.

Every equipment, class or style of play has its' strengths, and it's weaknesses.  When you show me equipment, a class, or a playstyle that has no weaknesses that can be exploited, then I'll say that discussing a nerf is logical.  Otherwise I'll disagree every time.

Just because someone is trying to take advantage of their classes strengths doesn't make it overpowered, it means they have at least a shred of common sense.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:33:49 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »
+1
Joker86 - from what I've seen, mainly no.  Most of the arguments I saw (and I'd say I read about 50% of the pages in most of the recent whining threads) people resort to saying something is overpowered, or unbalanced, but don't explain how (if you say something is overpowered, explain to me if there is no counter-measure to defend against it).  I've yet to see anyone ever justify how something is overpowered.

You think ladders are OP?  Bring a ladder yourself.  You think archers on rooftops are OP?  Put some archers on a rooftop yourself. 

As a general rule of thumb, every class can be countered by AT LEAST that same class, generally at least 1 or 2 other builds/classes as well.

I'll state it again, nothing in the game ever has been, or ever will be that overpowered that there is no way to counter it's strengths.  Every class or build or technique has a weakness that can be exploited.  I'm just tired of the answer to every issue is to "nerf" something. 

The sheer existance of a counter doesn't make things BALANCED. To have BALANCED things, chances must be EQUAL (in general, given there are some rock-paper-siccor-mechanisms)

And if infantry brings an own ladder (which adds only a lot of weight, slowing you down and takes away precious item slots, so it's a bad solution!) it either gets destroyed by the archers before the infantry can get up, or even worse, the archers let them come up and shoot them to bits.

- It is completely unfair that infantry has to take the same item like archers only to take away an advantage archers gain from maps, and infantry doesn't have a single similar benefit from any map, except of pure "narrow alley" maps. In other words: if archers take a ladder they have a massive benefit from it. If infantry takes a ladder it has a slightly better chance to remove a massive benefit from enemy archers. Really?

- It is plain retarded to have archers being invulnerable to 50-66% of the enemy team until the end of the round.

- Infantry CAN use houses, too, to go into cover, but in difference to archers using houses they can't participate in the battle any more

- It is part of the basic class balance, that archers can attack infantry over distance, but once the infantry reaches the archers, they most likely will die. Roofcamping breaks this balance

- You can't simply "ignore" roofcampers and look for other targets. It is the most resonable thing to first kill the weakest enemies who can deal the most damage, which puts archers on a high position in the target priority list, but if they sit on a roof you can't do shit about it as they are standing above you and shoot your team to bits.

- Archers on a rooftop have noone to fear, in worst case someone can attack them at equal chances, so there is noone who has BETTER chances against them... I mean... WTF? Everyone else has a class he is weak against!

The only arguments FOR roofcamping I heard were:

- It's smart to take advantage of your sorroundings, it's okay to use natural benefits, so it's okay to roofcamp

But the same way you can argument:

- it's smart to use doping in sport, you benefit from it, so it's okay to dope

While correct in itself it still shows a massive amount of "dickness"...

I hope those are enough arguments for you to show that roofcamping IS OP.

And if you don't care about something, how can you know it's only whining and not justified?

You know, it's not like I want to attack you in any way, or to "prove I was right", but I feel somehow offended if I get named a whiner only because of complaining about an obvious and undeniably unfair advantage of a particular class over all other classes.  :?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:37 pm »
Those who don't have a preference or aren't affected by the change.  I honestly don't care if ladders are in game or not, my argument is that it's ridiculous that changes keep being made to satisfy whiney bitches who can't ever justify why something is overpowered.    I don't love the change, I don't hate the change, I'm neutral.

Funny thing is, right now you are the whiney bitch.