Poll

Do we need immediate changes regarding the amount of ranged and cavalry in cRPG ?

Yes
76 (21.2%)
No
86 (24%)
Yes,but only for ranged
67 (18.7%)
Yes, but only for cavalry
20 (5.6%)
No, just remove the roofcamping
109 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 357

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 01:23:06 am

Author Topic: The state of cRPG  (Read 25071 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: The state of cRPG
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2012, 12:38:38 pm »
Come to think of it, there's quite some flat roof houses :(

Remove desert maps
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2012, 12:42:03 pm »
Come to think of it, there's quite some flat roof houses :(

erm..I meant flat houses, not flag^^
So we need another solution for the flag houses :/

Nerf Archers. They became very viable again after the recent armor nerf.

They are even allowed to top the charts on full EU1! This is a disgrace and cannot be tolerated. Imagine what kind of inspiration they are to newbies! But seriously, they do more damage with their arrows than I do with a melee swing.

Ever thought about the fact, that lots of people go higher than lvl 30 these days?
But still, the "dmg buff" comes from so many people using pd 8-9 these days with hornbow or rusbow. Shouldn't be possible...You can't use a longbow properly with such high pd and only 6 wm, but with other bows it works :/
I kept my build after last patch and I didn't recognise a big change in the people I shoot at^^

Btw, the ones that top the boards are only the small amount of really good archers ;)   Wanna suggest nerf to 1h/shield because chase can still top boards atm? :P

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:28 pm »
+1

But still, the "dmg buff" comes from so many people using pd 8-9 these days with hornbow or rusbow. Shouldn't be possible...

good point actually
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kansuke

• Earl
  • Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:29 pm »
This.

The amount of ranged currently even with a shield is starting to get rather unbearable. My enjoyment in playing this mod is decreasing every time I join eu1 these days.

Damn those last screenshot were good old times Ujin, when teamworking was still possible on battle server and when infantery could achieve something. I remember a few month ago I was able to kill 10 ppl per round and sometimes more now it is just impossible, it's either I get shot (to the knee ?) by an archer even if I'm a shielder or I get couch by a lancer in the first minutes.
Playing siege is alot more fun atm and this is the place where you can see alot of teamplay going on nowadays with teams like HRE, Greys or DRZ.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:58:51 pm by Kansuke »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »
you forget what gives rise to the hundreds of archers :D STRAT! people turned their mains into archers for strat as they could no longer use their alts for strat battles. Before there were a crap load of archer alts but they didnt always play them. now if you want to craft arrows or bows or use an archer in strat it has to be your main thus more archers :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2012, 01:09:09 pm »
you forget what gives rise to the hundreds of archers :D STRAT! people turned their mains into archers for strat as they could no longer use their alts for strat battles. Before there were a crap load of archer alts but they didnt always play them. now if you want to craft arrows or bows or use an archer in strat it has to be your main thus more archers :P

This is the cause more than anything (myself included!)
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 01:15:33 pm »
Dam I never considered this.

I thought about sacrificing pts from IF/Athletics or WM etc so I could carry a bow on my back (but not use it).

This heresy has destroyed the game!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 01:47:10 pm »
+4
As my last post here got ignored completely, although I would like to have you guys think about it, I was forced to rework the presentation to make it look more interesting and better understandable.

My idea basically consists of rewarding players at the end of a round for playing a rare class on the server with some extra XP. The more of your class you have, the less XP you get.

It works like this:

An XP pool is being created, and its size is depending on the amount of players on the server.

This XP pool is divided into the different weapon proficiencies, according to the distribution the developers desire. My percentages are just an example.

According to the amount of WPP (weapon proficiencies points) spent into the different proficiencies, players get budget points. (due to the non linear WPF gain hybrids would have an advantage if you used the WPF instead of WPP). You can get budget points in as many WPFs as you whish, of course.

The budget points get added, and then they get compared to the percentage of the combined XP for their corresponding WPF. The more players use a certain weapon, the higher will be the amount of budget points for this weapon class.

Now every budget point gets an XP value, which is calculated by the data above.

Finally the players receive XP according to their WPF.

As you can see, our archer, who spent everything (= 100% of his WPP) into the archery WPF, gets only 300 XP, because there are so many other archers and thus there were a lot of budget points to distribute the XP to. Next to the fact that archers get only 12% of the combined XP anyway.

But our thrower/one handed hybrid gets a lot more, because he is using weapons that are rather uncommon on the server. In fact he is rewarded for adding variety. Thats why he gets more than seven times as much as the archer.

You can even extend this system to gold (mean that you can have better equipment if you have little or no fellow class players) or the breaking chance (same effect).

The advantage of this system is that overused classes are made less attractive without lowering their efficiency in battle.

And of course it would work equally well (or even better) if you did the calculation for each team seperatedly, instead of the entire server.

I hope my pictures will lead to some replies, as I spent almost an hour in MS Paint  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:11:12 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 01:52:56 pm »
+1
Stupid idea. That way you punish players for playing their most favourite class.

Btw, 2h, polearm and maybe 1h/shield are still the most used classes on servers. I doubt they will be happy to receive an xp "nerf" ^^

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 01:54:21 pm »
Just keep the archers off the smaller servers and i'll be happy.

Let them stay on EU1, let them rot.
Turtles

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:40 pm »
Nice pic, i still dont get it tho  :shock:

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 02:00:21 pm »
How about whenever a ladder gets destroyed by either their own team or the enemy team, a message shows on the screen thats says "GET OFF THE ROOF NAO OR SUFFER SEVERE BAN INJURY".

Or just put more open plains in to the map rotation. That should help.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »
He means that the body shots would take a lot less damage so people would have to do headshots to take significant damage.

interesting.

very interesting.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:19 pm »
Removing ladders from battle is a no go or what?
no
When? The time has been ripe for over half a year now.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2012, 02:09:28 pm »
Stupid idea. That way you punish players for playing their most favourite class.

We (almost) all here in this topic agree that there needs to be done something about the amount of ranged. Which means you have to demotivate people to choose a ranged class. Which can always be called as "punishment". If archer is really your favourite class, you will still stick to it. But if you are just an "OP whore", looking for the currently strongest/most "efficient" (effort/result) class, this could change your mind.

Btw, 2h, polearm and maybe 1h/shield are still the most used classes on servers. I doubt they will be happy to receive an xp "nerf" ^^

You can balance this easily by the initial percentage of the combined XP pool. If there are more of them, raise the percentage.

Nice pic, i still dont get it tho  :shock:

Basically: Every class on the server gets a certain amount of XP after the round. These Xp are distributed among all players of this class. The more players a class has, the less each of them gets. Which could encourage you to choose classes that are not that present on the server.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)