Poll

I can't get no Map-isfaction..!

I'm satisfied with the current selection of maps
I'm moderately satisfied with the current selection of maps
I 'm not satisfied with the current selection of maps and I wish to make my voice heard in this thread!
Maps are horrible, add more maps that cater to my class!
Maps are horrible, I hate you

Author Topic: [Feedback] Maps on official servers  (Read 44417 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: [Feedback] Maps on official servers
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2012, 10:43:20 pm »
+1
Zlisch when those random plains maps come up you will agree with me soon, honestly no one really like those maps, you can hear people whining about the map on the server, except for ranged, they are called random plains but it is 100% not a plain flat map. Everywhere is mountain, infantry and cavalry have to climb over the mountains, but after you done that there is another mountain to climb. Why is those maps called random plains? they should be called random mountains, when admins are online on the server they changed the map to something else as well. Those maps are completely crap, also why other maps is completely removed in the rotation? Maps like  Maaseutu_1, Maaseutu_2 are completely gone forever? I checked in the rotation thread but you guys didn't said you remove them.
I like those giant hill maps, sorry to say, well, I don't like them, but they beat pretty much every village/town/boat/tavern map.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2012, 10:45:14 pm »
+2
Oh, and Jacko, just wanna say, I love trouble in the neighborhood, probably the best town map around (that one with pits is the 2nd), love your other town map too, that one everyone hates, so great work making those (all other town maps are shit).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 12, 2012, 11:24:22 pm »
+1
I request Ruins by the River to be removed from the rotation. It's the one with the very narrow bridge with very tight slopes on both sides. Camping is basically the only option and it is very boring and unspectacular to play.

And the name, there is Ruins, there is Field by the River. Ruins by the River, really? Whats next? Field?

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #363 on: July 12, 2012, 11:41:44 pm »
I request Ruins by the River to be removed from the rotation. It's the one with the very narrow bridge with very tight slopes on both sides. Camping is basically the only option and it is very boring and unspectacular to play.

And the name, there is Ruins, there is Field by the River. Ruins by the River, really? Whats next? Field?
Amen

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #364 on: July 13, 2012, 12:01:03 am »

Teeth is "Ruins by the River" and "Field by the river" the same map?  :idea:

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2012, 12:03:00 am »
Why is that Hrus Castle c map on battle rotation? At spawn lots of people lose 30-40% of their hp at start because they fall to a bridge. And some trolls always stop team mates from jumping through, that is a castle map :O

you can't spawnrape and rejoin on that map, huh? probably that's why you're bitching
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2012, 12:13:03 am »
Yes, I agree with you guys. Been playing it the last couple of days and it's a boring map, removed.
Monkeys!

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2012, 12:25:13 am »
Teeth is "Ruins by the River" and "Field by the river" the same map?  :idea:
No, these are two different maps.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:40 am »
you can't spawnrape and rejoin on that map, huh? probably that's why you're bitching

Hey calm you tits dude, rotation should have bigger maps so that no horseman can get to the enemy spawn within 30 seconds of the round, and no as i said before I don't rejoin server, just go afk, peace with you. I will still kamikaze on those infantry maps since there is not really a point for me to play there  :mrgreen:

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2012, 11:43:15 am »
Hey calm you tits dude, rotation should have bigger maps so that no horseman can get to the enemy spawn within 30 seconds of the round, and no as i said before I don't rejoin server, just go afk, peace with you. I will still kamikaze on those infantry maps since there is not really a point for me to play there  :mrgreen:

so, you want another ban for suicide charging? if you don't want to play that map then just go spec til the next map. you ruin the team balance by suiciding like a bundle of sticks..

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2012, 11:53:22 am »
There is no "maps must be made in a specific way to cater to a class", if you think that then you're foolish. Cavalry gets no special treatment, neither does infantry or ranged, they simply adapt and get on with their lives.

Suiciding is considered leeching (see the common sense rule), and will get you temporarily banned.  Or just banned.
Monkeys!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2012, 01:51:53 pm »
so, you want another ban for suicide charging? if you don't want to play that map then just go spec til the next map. you ruin the team balance by suiciding like a bundle of sticks..

My way of suicide is not leeching, I will at least fight and kill some people before I die, auto running is what we called auto running leeching, in my way kamikaze is not leeching at all. As long as i am fighting, not afk from my keyboard and charge into the enemy that is not leeching

Riding a horse charging into enemy is not against the server rules, leeching with a horse are you kidding me>?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:57:05 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 15, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »
attn: whoever, stop fucking up good maps by turning them into bridge fights
FREE ALLERS

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:31 pm »
After reading Digglez rage post, I decided to come look at the constructive feedback he provided in the official servers maps feedback thread.

<still looking......>
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline yurah

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wafua,yurahze, Yurah, Pseudo_Doll
« Reply #374 on: July 22, 2012, 07:25:27 am »
Really needs more infantry/arena maps