Poll

I can't get no Map-isfaction..!

I'm satisfied with the current selection of maps
I'm moderately satisfied with the current selection of maps
I 'm not satisfied with the current selection of maps and I wish to make my voice heard in this thread!
Maps are horrible, add more maps that cater to my class!
Maps are horrible, I hate you

Author Topic: [Feedback] Maps on official servers  (Read 44894 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: [Feedback] Maps on official servers
« Reply #345 on: July 07, 2012, 03:16:53 pm »
In Commercial City you can easily get stuck between the wooden staircase and the wall it's parallel to. Please fix it as it's one of the few decent town/city maps we have. Also, sticky this fucking thread.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2012, 07:55:53 am »
REMOVE HRAFNINN CASTLE from NA siege rotation.  HORRIBLE balance, defenders win so easily and takes over 1:30 for attackers to even get to flag UNOPPOSED.

All intelligent defenders have to do is camp flag area (which is too small) for easy win.  Unless defenders are completely stupid, its guaranteed win for them.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »
REMOVE HRAFNINN CASTLE from NA siege rotation.  HORRIBLE balance, defenders win so easily and takes over 1:30 for attackers to even get to flag UNOPPOSED.

All intelligent defenders have to do is camp flag area (which is too small) for easy win.  Unless defenders are completely stupid, its guaranteed win for them.
lol no
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2012, 10:02:24 pm »
Jacko please re-add Hun in the sun, that ladder was epic, why you wanna remove that shit?  :|
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »
Why removed Hun in the sun? That map is epic and people do use team work to play, there is already plenty of infantry maps already, and some of the plains map are totally unplayable, those stupid plain maps have buggy river and moutains everywhere, some plain maps is even worse than city maps because it's unplayable for Cav

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2012, 11:23:28 pm »
Why removed Hun in the sun? That map is epic and people do use team work to play, there is already plenty of infantry maps already, and some of the plains map are totally unplayable, those stupid plain maps have buggy river and moutains everywhere, some plain maps is even worse than city maps because it's unplayable for Cav
Reason he stated was him hating on the ladder up to the giant statue.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2012, 11:26:26 pm »
Reason he stated was him hating on the ladder up to the giant statue.

Thats just an excuse for disliking the map (((, that should be fix with a small tweak by Chagan hopefully.

What we need is bigger village maps, I can went to the enemy spawn within 25 seconds or less during round start, which mean i can couch someone to death in first 20 second of the round if i ride a courser, this will helps people not to respawn twice (cheat) and will offer more team work. This will also make infantry happy because bigger map = Cav takes more time to go to enemy spawn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »
that should be fix with a small tweak by Chagan hopefully.
Shouldn't be fixed, it ain't a fucking issue.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2012, 11:31:40 pm »
Shouldn't be fixed, it ain't a fucking issue.

thats sad to hear..back to rage ball as infantry ;p

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2012, 11:40:35 pm »
Beside the ladder, the map is fine. Remove the ladder and the map will be re-added.
Monkeys!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:01 am »
Could you make a small fix at one of your maps.
Mirage, as you know people tend to run circle at the map, and to prevent this, there could be really easy and fast fix.
Changing the spawn entry points to point at the same way (as in pic) and people would naturally move at the same direction.

(click to show/hide)

I think Chagan updated the mirage map with the spawn, so they should be ok now just like what Mustikki is expected, to be honest that is my favourite map when i was infantry long time ago  :
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I removed the ladder in Hun in the sun, please add these maps back to rotation please Jacko

http://www.mediafire.com/?xaxlgrqzj73l1j5

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2012, 12:13:43 am »
All new map on EU2 siege server are totally retarded. Remove them or try to fix them. As assault is impossible to take 90% of castles. Also add more ladders or secret passages for assault team, because all maps are easy win for defenders.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:03 am »
Beside the ladder, the map is fine. Remove the ladder and the map will be re-added.
Any reason you hate the ladder so insanely?

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »
No offence but those retard random plains maps are aka random hills / moutains, completely unplayable for Cav

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:35 pm »
Zlisch when those random plains maps come up you will agree with me soon, honestly no one really like those maps, you can hear people whining about the map on the server, except for ranged, they are called random plains but it is 100% not a plain flat map. Everywhere is mountain, infantry and cavalry have to climb over the mountains, but after you done that there is another mountain to climb. Why is those maps called random plains? they should be called random mountains, when admins are online on the server they changed the map to something else as well. Those maps are completely crap, also why other maps is completely removed in the rotation? Maps like  Maaseutu_1, Maaseutu_2 are completely gone forever? I checked in the rotation thread but you guys didn't said you remove them.