Poll

What do you think about the map rotation on EU_1 ?

it's great, i like it as it is
3 (2.5%)
too many random village maps
38 (31.9%)
too many random plains maps
5 (4.2%)
too many random village/random plains maps + not enough custom maps
27 (22.7%)
not enough custom maps
46 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: January 26, 2012, 01:55:31 am

Author Topic: Lack of fun/interesting maps on the official battle servers (EU)  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: Lack of fun/interesting maps on the official battle servers (EU)
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 02:27:41 pm »
Yes, we need to get back the maps that totally screwed fps. :|

thats why i said i wish people had better rigs ;/ but than again i did tests on 100 vs 100 bots and had around 30fps there
and i think the river delta one wouldnt have problems with fps if people would turn the fast sprites for water in options

but yeah you need to make map small and simple so that low end rigs can handle it ;p

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 02:30:07 pm »
I "almost" like as it is. I don't see roofcamping problem in other maps, but in flat desert village maps only where cav is able to sweep easily behind corners and ranged is forced to climb up to safe spot. Not many ranged have reaction time fast enough to shoot horse that suddently rushes from corner and in 1 second it's gone already behind next house. What else can you do? Infantry is rushing mindlessly around area and no-one is standing with ranged with pikes.

So... if you take away ladders, it would be huge boost-lol-easyplay for cav. That's when whine starts again.

And I personally hate random plains, it's just free kills for cav again. Playerbase isn't prepared for good teamwork and now that teams are switching every round it's even worse. Other side is camping and in my team half is running around map with few ninja-minded players thinking they can kill everyone (but they don't) and when enemy actually charges, there's only few left keeping shieldwall up.

I have been playing both melee and ranged during my bunch of gens and my last gen was light armoured agi build with stick. Even then... I didn't see archers as problem, not horses. It was maps that allowed cav to do safe sweeping and that forced players up in roofs and whining started once again. Now I'm playing ranged and there really isn't other option in most maps than pick that hill or roof. Cav can rush half of map before I can reload my xbow, so without teamwork there's nothing else to do than pick safe place.

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »
+2
IIRC there is 109 maps in map route, most of them (too many) is village maps.

I have started planning couple new maps now.
2 of them takes place in a city.
1 in a forest.

Up/down voting results goes to logs, but none looks them.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 03:04:14 pm »
Up/down voting results goes to logs, but none looks them.
This, they need to look at these votes and act accordingly. Get the scene editing alive again, by quickly putting in custom maps, and taking them out as soon as they get downvoted and keeping them in if they get upvoted. They need to filter out the shitty maps and actually do something with the good scenes the community provides.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 03:07:17 pm »
All I can say is ATS Map Pack.

There are over 100 maps in there, most of them custom with a good variety of open, bridge, city etc. maps that were running on the NA servers before we had the the official servers. We dug out the map pack and handed it over to the devs/admins, but I have yet to see a lot of the maps in the rotation.

Granted, not all of the maps are gems and some favor one class or another, but it is through the variety of maps that this should be balanced out. Not every map has to cater to all classes equally.

Here is one of the threads about the topic:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,20267.0.html
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »
Yeah, i also miss the maps from NA servers, some of those were hella fun.

Anyways, looks like Jacko is now responsible for the map lists. Can't wait for changes  !

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 03:46:28 pm »
City maps isnt even a choice in this poll, thats how rare they are. Personally i enjoy the game the most during city maps because infantry has the biggest advantage (for once) and doesnt have to worry about archers and cav as much because it is a pretty small map. When i say city maps i mean maps like nord village and such, where there are pretty much no open fields.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login